HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:32 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Discussion
My conversation(s) with Mr. ET "Drama"

This thread is being started as a result of today's email exchange with Mr. ET. I should feel honored because most hobbyists don't have the honor of communicating with Mr. ET. I even communicated with him by phone several times, a supreme honor. He is a funny guy.

The following is my idea of an apology that Mr. ET keeps requesting. He has requested this several times over over a 6 year period. I feel that he finally needs closure on the matter.

History of Mr, ET and I goes back 6 years, we don' like each other and I carry a grudge against him. (reasons too long to type here and full of drama) That is approximately when Mr. ET got banned...lots of grudges, lots of members complaining.

Whenever I mention Mr. ETs real name I get a phone call or an email requesting retraction, post deletion and apology. This time I decided to comply, here it is:

I never bought a ET sold aircraft, so I can't comment on the quality directly.. However I did comment during a build thread posted along time ago by Punky who had a real problem with his kit. I thought that it was not of very good quality and it showed during the build. It turns out that Mr. ET thinks that it should be all about Punky, lousy build, nothing wrong with an ET kit, nobody should comment...My mouth is now sealed. Free speech is obviously wrong here.

I also commented when reading some negative posts here the last few days hinting that the fingerprints led back to Mr. ET. Mr. ET tells me that it was never him and asks for an apology. Apology Granted ( who really knows who posted?)

Also Mr. ET wanted me to apologize for mixing him up with Kirk, Curtis and Kirk sound the same to me. The person that told me the story speaks and writes with a heavy accent. (you know who) I cannot hear that well and in one conversation mixed the two up. Glad all is well with Kirk, from what I now know he is one heck of a good builder. I think that Curtis might also be a good builder, I like the picture of him and the flying Whale. But, he won't sell anything to me.

In summary, over the years I have discovered that in past years Mr. ET has written many articles that have have helped builders and contributed greatly to the hobby, he is a prolific writer and sometimes very funny. I suspect that at some point he was converted over to the dark side. I mentioned this today, and he again asked me to apologize. This is it. Mr ET, you are still one of the good guys.

Other points he wanted me to make in my apology:

He never posted as an alias, he'll tell you if he sneaks in.
He is not behind the The RC true?? hate web site.

I think I covered most of it, thanks for your time and I hope that you enjoyed this as much as I did typing this public apology. From my new perspective, to know him is to love him. I apologize if I ever said anything that should be taken in a negative way.

You others, you're not off the hook, don't get too cocky. I will break your balls at the lest provocation. Keep on posting crap about beginner stuff like servo installation and you become a target. This is the big time EDF forum, don't forget it.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Jun 2012
437 Posts
Who is ET?
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Easy Tiger RC Products, out of New York. Curtis M. owner. Most people here know who he is.

RCG will not let me post the complete name http://www.e??ytigermodels.com/
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:38 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,157 Posts
ok good cause he has some nice planes..one of his customers had some when we went to /vegas a couple of weeks ago ....it was so nice it made me want to buy one . hope he did'nt get too ruffed up by the "Hcane".
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:01 PM
Team Horizon/ BVM jets
Joined Apr 2006
797 Posts
ET has always treated me right. I have one of his 90mm Panthers just about ready for a maiden. A couple friends down here fly a couple of his giant scale models. Everything has worked Good. Quality is good.

Pablo
pbusa1400 is offline Find More Posts by pbusa1400
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:14 PM
5kW Club
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Feb 2007
839 Posts
A friend of mine purchased products once and only once. Easy tiger has a large number complaints. So each customer must make up their own mind.

I did find out that he started his own forum. It was like reading mirror mirror on the wall. I swear it looked like he was writing all of the reponses.

But he was really good at flaming ever vendor out there.

I always believe each person will get what is due to them.

Clay
racer1 is offline Find More Posts by racer1
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:50 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
I didn't drink when I made this apology thread, however tonight I did eat all the Holloween candy cause we got no trick or treaters.

Watch Out, Flying High, no sleep tonight.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 AM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
He told me to my face at E-Jets this year that my Mig-15 was junk. After I had flown it a few times. With a lot of guys marveling that it came from HK. I was asked multiple times to fly it again and again. Then later on afterward he tried talking me into a 90mm panther he was selling. I actually considered it, being that there would be no shipping issues and it the kit was there to inspect beforehand. But the more I thought about it, he basically called me stupid, and I don't know what I am doing, before he thought I might be a possible customer. I voted with my wallet. There will be another bird to buy.....

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Nov 01, 2012, 06:55 AM
EDF Jet Jam 2015, May 28-31st
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,692 Posts
Jayray your Mig 15 flew fantastic at EJets. You had the perfect setup.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Nov 01, 2012, 07:01 AM
OUCH!!!
United States, PA, Erie
Joined Sep 2008
580 Posts
Thank you Bob, means a lot to be recognized at such an event.

Jay
Jayray123 is offline Find More Posts by Jayray123
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:29 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,685 Posts
What in the world is this whole thread about?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,246 Posts
Johnathan, do you know how to read? Try reading the first post
Old Nov 01, 2012, 10:35 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,685 Posts
Sure, I read it, but maybe I should say what motivated all this?

Some of what you posted is clear, and some is less than clear, at least to me.

Hey, maybe I can't read, or don't have your capacity, but it is a forum and I am curious about your motives, or what set this in motion.

I mean, did you just wake up and say to yourself, "I'm going to post an apology on RCG cuz...."?
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Nov 01, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, OK, Catoosa
Joined Nov 2011
243 Posts
This is my apology to Mr. Sleazy Tiger. http://www.funny-games.biz/pictures/...me-a-kiss.html
Sites is offline Find More Posts by Sites
Last edited by Sites; Nov 06, 2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2012
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sites View Post
This is my apology to Mr. SleazyTiger. http://www.123rf.com/photo_9993678_f...le-finger.html
I must say you look exactly the way I imagined.
2012boxterS is offline Find More Posts by 2012boxterS
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)