HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
Texas Buzzard
McAllen,Texas
Joined Mar 2004
1,034 Posts
Discussion
Design of a prop-driven RC Truck

I have been asked to design a prop-driven truch for the local H.S. RC Car Club.

I am an "airplane guy". My first thoughts were to uase a rear-mounted single wheel steering taken from the nose of an RC plane. The two fron wheels are nonsteerable.

This truck has a covered bed aimilar to a big furniture truck enclosing the electric motor and prop. The prop puts out 22 ounces of thrus on a 3s Lipo.

It is 17" long with a whell base of 9".

Any help with such a design is welcome. Long ago my RC sailing car had problems with the rear mounted one wheel steering when at top speed it would be air born half the time.

Here is my first effort. Please comment.
Texas Buzzard is offline Find More Posts by Texas Buzzard
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:56 AM
Life is simple Eat, Sleep, Fly
Germany, RP, Kaiserslautern
Joined Oct 2011
123 Posts
A lot of lead weight, a spoiler and some decent Hubs with barrings in them to give you a smoother ride would help out. If you really want to impress the club add some shocks and whatnot to give it that more car look and feel. Currently it still has the airplane look.

To give you some more ideas, check out traxxas.com there you can pull up exploded views of everything a car is made of. Here is an exploded view of a Rustler rear end. http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...t_100118_0.pdf here are all of the links http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...rvxl-downloads
Timewarp is offline Find More Posts by Timewarp