SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Discussion
Multi Rotor Helis vs Standard Helis

I want to get into aerial photography and i have an RC Heli but I wanted to know what is the difference between standard helis and multi rotor helis? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of both? Is 1 better for aerial photography then the other? Is 1 easier to learn than the other?

Also, what are the advantages of more rotors (quadcopter vs octocopter)?

Lastly, I've read about GPS in a Heli. What role does GPS play in the heli world?
jondoe98 is offline Find More Posts by jondoe98
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:44 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe98 View Post
I want to get into aerial photography and i have an RC Heli but I wanted to know what is the difference between standard helis and multi rotor helis? What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of both? Is 1 better for aerial photography then the other? Is 1 easier to learn than the other?

Lastly, I've read about GPS in a Heli. What role does GPS play in the heli world?
There are quite a bit of information written about the differences.

What kind of RC heli do you have? If it is one of those small coaxial helicopters I recommend getting a flight simulator and learning to fly before jumping into either one. Every one wants to do aerial photography. There are posts like yours popping up three times a week. It is NOT quite as simple as getting a machine together and hooking up a camera on the machine and fly.

That's why there are forums like these so people can share their experience and issues.

Instead of some one trying to write you an answer all in one post it will be best if you take some time to read through all the various threads and glean information from them.

Another way to learn is to actually buy an entry level multi rotor and start playing it yourself. So you can actually experience the difference instead of some one telling you the difference. Some time it is best to actually experience something in this world instead of listen to the opinions from others.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:25 PM
Consistently Inconsistent
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe98 View Post

What's your budget?
What's your experience in flying RC?
kosins is offline Find More Posts by kosins
Old Sep 28, 2011, 06:10 AM
Suspended Account
UK, Buckinghamshire, High Wycombe
Joined Feb 2007
4,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosins View Post
What's your budget?
What's your experience in flying RC?
he tried to fly an msr outside so i think hes good and ready for a multirotor i recommend quad!
n3m1s1s is offline Find More Posts by n3m1s1s
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)