SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:47 AM
Joined Sep 2009
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_crash View Post
I`ll let you know when I get back to home. I`m on vacations now, shooting with my #11, and so you`ll get news for this a bit late, after the 18th of the month.
No problem enjoy your holiday

Anyone else using Corel Videostudio Pro x4 having any problems with MOV files?
billhally is online now Find More Posts by billhally
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:00 AM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,368 Posts
I'm using Corel Video Studio and have zero problems editing with the files straight off the camera, as well as a few other cameras I have that record h.264 .mov files. I'm using X4 now, was using X3 a while back. I did have issues with it throwing up errors and hanging up while using X3 as well as whichever the last version what when it was still a Ulead product before Corel bought them. However, I did a bit of digging and found that it was a certain version on Apple Quicktime that didn't play well with Video Studio. I found a link to an older version of Quicktime which I installed and have not had a single issue since! I'll see if I can dig up the link, or at least look and see which version I have installed right now.
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:03 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Joined Jan 2011
459 Posts
Can adobe premiere pro handle .mov files from this Cam?
reptor is offline Find More Posts by reptor
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:08 AM
define("BEASTMODE", "1");
United States, LA, Moreauville
Joined Jan 2002
4,368 Posts
Here's the original thread in Corel's forums that I found back then:

http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38432

In short, it says that Quicktime 7.6.6 was the culprit, and downgrading to plain 7.6 solved it, which worked for me then. I just looked and apparently I've upgraded to 7.6.9 which is current somewhere along the way, probably with some software I've installed. I can say that mine is working 100% as is... Check and see which version you have installed, if it's 7.6.6 or close to it, you might try updating Quicktime. It can't hurt, and you can always use system restore if it doesn't play well with something else...

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
KeithLuneau is offline Find More Posts by KeithLuneau
Old Jul 02, 2011, 11:45 AM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor View Post
Can adobe premiere pro handle .mov files from this Cam?
Nope.....

simple solution: first open with Windows Live Movie Maker. Save with movie maker, then open with Premiere. Works for me.

My oldest #11 doesn't work properly anymore. Battery was bad already but now video has strange colors where white should be recorded
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Old Jul 02, 2011, 04:33 PM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfvn View Post
My oldest #11 doesn't work properly anymore. Battery was bad already but now video has strange colors where white should be recorded
I`ve seen some posts saying the same thing. Battery has got bad.
How many times have you charged the battery, how many cycles?

At least my two cameras, with just a few cycles, run OK so far.
I do not let the battery go off and I charge it only in charging mode (red light). I mean I do not try to charge the battery at mass storage mode (yellow light) and I never leave it in this mode for more than a few minutes.
In fact I don`t know if the battery is charged at mass storage mode.
My old #3 cameras still run with the same battery performance. I think the #11 should not differ, except if there are some #11, a batch of them, with a bad battery quality or it is just a matter of use.

I`m interested on this.
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Jul 02, 2011, 05:01 PM
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brøndbyvester
Joined Jun 2009
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Mine did that ONCE, but using the USB connection process outlined in the FAQs revived it, and I has flashed in firmware at least a dozen or more times since then with no issues. The Rel2 firmware does take a bit longer to flash in, though... 11 to 12 secs. for the yellow LED to come on in my last one. Good luck. I'd keep trying it.

Later today it worked out just fine. I think that the camera just needed a little break
SpookiePower is online now Find More Posts by SpookiePower
Old Jul 02, 2011, 06:24 PM
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_crash View Post
I`ve seen some posts saying the same thing. Battery has got bad.
How many times have you charged the battery, how many cycles?
Don't know but it doesn't get to 100 cycles.

But battery power isn't the problem since I use a custom USB cable to power the camera when recording.

Bad video results is the problem and also it doesn't want to record at some times. uSD card has lots of empty space and is inserted but the camera some/many times doesn't want to record. When is doesn't want to record, orange LED lights up but that's it. Normally it will flash once befor it's ready for recording.
Also, when no uSD-cars is inserted, the yellow LED lightens up instead of blinking continuously.
Mass Storage doesn't work also. Powering with normal USB cable is also a problem. Many times the cable doesn't connect too well since the red LED goes on or off depending on the position of the inserted USB plug.

Mass storage not working: don't care
Bad battery (just 12 minutes recording): don't care

do care about bad video recording or no recording at all.

One can't expect miracles for about $40. The camera is a lot of fun and image qualitiy is really good compared to the rediculous low price for an HD camera but I'm thinking about getting a real HD camera like VRhold Contour HD/GPS/+ or GoPro Hero.
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Old Jul 02, 2011, 08:51 PM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Apr 2011
316 Posts
Quote:
But battery power isn't the problem since I use a custom USB cable to power the camera when recording.
What voltage do you supply the camera with?
air_crash is offline Find More Posts by air_crash
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:37 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Don't know but it doesn't get to 100 cycles.

Bad video results is the problem and also it doesn't want to record at some times. uSD card has lots of empty space and is inserted but the camera some/many times doesn't want to record. When is doesn't want to record, orange LED lights up but that's it. Normally it will flash once befor it's ready for recording.
Also, when no uSD-cars is inserted, the yellow LED lightens up instead of blinking continuously.
Mass Storage doesn't work also. Powering with normal USB cable is also a problem. Many times the cable doesn't connect too well since the red LED goes on or off depending on the position of the inserted USB plug.

Mass storage not working: don't care
Bad battery (just 12 minutes recording): don't care

do care about bad video recording or no recording at all.

One can't expect miracles for about $40. The camera is a lot of fun and image qualitiy is really good compared to the rediculous low price for an HD camera but I'm thinking about getting a real HD camera like VRhold Contour HD/GPS/+ or GoPro Hero.
Yeah, must say that VRhold Contour HD/GPS/+ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...HD_Helmet.html seems a good choice. It's barrel design is much better for RC and it is about 20 gram lighter than the GoPro

Must take a look at the AP section here and see what they have to say about it.

Kev
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Jul 02, 2011, 09:42 PM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post

Kev
Nope, not a sign of it. Only some bloke called Berkie yapping about it on The Real #11 thread

Kev
Old Jul 03, 2011, 01:04 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
I received my two jumbo #11 cameras today (500ma batteries) These things are light and not much larger than the 250ma versions. I intend to imbed into the wing tips of the Radian Pro, one facing down the wingline toward the fuse, and the other on the opposite wing facing forward.

Using this and a Canmore GPS logger so I can retire the Contour GPS camera. Two for the weight of one, and cheaper.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jul 03, 2011, 01:10 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Yeah, must say that VRhold Contour HD/GPS/+ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...HD_Helmet.html seems a good choice. It's barrel design is much better for RC and it is about 20 gram lighter than the GoPro

Kev
I've been using the contour gps cam for a while now. I don't use the 1080p mode due to the distortion and short battery life. At 720 p with gps on it will run for about 80 minutes. Shoots really nice quality video but it is heavy relative to the #11+ a gps logger.
I posted some of the videos on my blog, but they are not much, if any, difference from the #11. That's why I will be giving the Jumbo #11's a try.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jul 03, 2011, 02:37 AM
Per Ardua Ad Astra
Australia, VIC, Rosebud
Joined Feb 2007
2,236 Posts
Good idea!

Instead of paying out all that money on a Contour, get 2 #11's for a 2 cam coverage and the picture is still much the same quality as the Contour

What is your application for the Canmore? Just to record the flight path?

Also with your 2 cam setup, how do you find editing in the 2 sources?

Kev
Old Jul 03, 2011, 03:31 AM
Nederland, Gelderland, Meteren
Joined Dec 2010
202 Posts
I'm still looking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesvR View Post
Has somebody a broken #11 cam laying around, I'm looking for a new lens, because mine has a scratch on it. Don't ask me how i have done that.

I've tried a lens from a #3 cam but it's to small.

If you have one send me a PM.
KeesvR is offline Find More Posts by KeesvR
Closed Thread