HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 13, 2011, 04:24 AM
Registered User
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Was doing a little poking around YouTube on patterny things, found a video of an interview with Andrew. Now the interview is cool and generally shows AJ being the great ambassador that he is, but if you scrub up to the 3:24 mark, the last ten seconds is so completely awesome.

We've seen some cool flying by some very talented pilots, not the least of which are those posted into this very thread, but this just may be the most awesome throwdown landing I've seen. You typically only see landings like this with cheap foamies...



(seriously, this is so awesome...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-hS0lqQUPQ


OMG! was it luck or pure skills, I guess we will never now
palsor is offline Find More Posts by palsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:20 AM
Team 3DHS
wamsy55's Avatar
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,479 Posts
Wow , that takes a lot of guts ...
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:53 PM
A tale of two slickies
0gravity's Avatar
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2010
443 Posts
This is my fave. While I love the flying, I think the laughing and enjoyment in the background is a perfect example of why I love this hobby so much

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...96&postcount=1
0gravity is offline Find More Posts by 0gravity
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:01 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meez View Post

Loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamsy55 View Post
Foamies are owning it tonight on the throw down!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:36 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Foamies are owning it tonight on the throw down!
Martin's VPP stuff is awesome... but you haven't watched the last 10 seconds of the AJ video then
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:36 AM
Registered User
jsmith285's Avatar
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Think joe flying around Mom's flowers is impressive
Joe Flying Yak-55 (4 min 15 sec)
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Last edited by jsmith285; Jan 14, 2011 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:40 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Martin's VPP stuff is awesome... but you haven't watched the last 10 seconds of the AJ video then
That's good stuff too for sure. I'd like to see him do that again
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 08:47 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
Martin's VPP stuff is awesome... but you haven't watched the last 10 seconds of the AJ video then
That was a totally awesome landing and appeared to be completely on purpose, and it always adds an extra level of impressiveness to see someone doing very difficult moves with a large expensive plane. But putting aside how much money is being risked, I'd have to say any of the Alexander Balzer videos posted here, or Martin Muller's, show amazing skill and talent that rivals any RC flying I've seen in videos or in person, large scale or foamy.
bilboa is offline Find More Posts by bilboa
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:00 AM
100% addicted to RC :)
finchkid24's Avatar
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
Foamies are owning it tonight on the throw down!
I'll get in on the foamie action...continue where we left off yesterday!

This is only my second video and the first video with my new Juka. This is flights 3 and 4 mixed down to a 6 minute video clip. Please let me know what you think!

DW Foamies - Fusion dEPPron 40" Juka (6 min 47 sec)
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
That was a totally awesome landing and appeared to be completely on purpose, and it always adds an extra level of impressiveness to see someone doing very difficult moves with a large expensive plane. But putting aside how much money is being risked, I'd have to say any of the Alexander Balzer videos posted here, or Martin Muller's, show amazing skill and talent that rivals any RC flying I've seen in videos or in person, large scale or foamy.
right, I generally agree... but you can't put aside the airframe and the money that was put at risk, that's what made that landing unique and completely spectacular. We can pop awesome foamie vids all day, but I haven't seen a high risk/reward landing like AJ's in that video either in person or on the web...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 11:56 AM
Team 3DHS
wamsy55's Avatar
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,479 Posts
Slickness (6 min 0 sec)



Here is one of my videos .... nothing to fancy ....
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:52 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
, but I haven't seen a high risk/reward landing like AJ's in that video either in person or on the web...
Agreed!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:13 PM
Perfect 3pt inverted landing!
teookie's Avatar
USA, AL, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2008
3,089 Posts
For whatever reason, profiles don't get much attention on this forum even though they are arguably some of the best 3D machines out there. They are also the "gateway drug" to 3D for many many people (myslef included) due to low(er) cost.

With that said, here is the video that MADE me interested in flying 3D (an oldie but a goodie):

mojo 60 moass mod-2 (4 min 26 sec)


And here are few more recent profile vids:

Moass Mojo 60 3D flying at the 2010 Kiwi Probro (8 min 33 sec)


Pro Bro Video Contest 2010 - R3 (3 min 43 sec)


It should be obvious from my video selection that I'm partial to the Mojo MoAss. I've been flying one for 2+ yrs now and it still puts a big goofy smile on my face every time.
teookie is offline Find More Posts by teookie
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
1,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
right, I generally agree... but you can't put aside the airframe and the money that was put at risk, that's what made that landing unique and completely spectacular. We can pop awesome foamie vids all day, but I haven't seen a high risk/reward landing like AJ's in that video either in person or on the web...
I agree that that was especially spectacular. Great Skill + High Risk beats Great Skill + Low Risk as far as pure overall awesomeness. However the fact is we can't pop out awesome foamy vids like Muller's all day, because most of us simply can't fly that well, regardless of whether we have $60 or $1000 on the line. That's all my point was. I watch a lot of videos of indoor freestyle competition and as far as I can tell, Muller is among the best flyers out there. AJ is awesome too BTW, but not obviously more skilled IMO.
bilboa is offline Find More Posts by bilboa
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2011, 04:56 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
I agree that that was especially spectacular. Great Skill + High Risk beats Great Skill + Low Risk as far as pure overall awesomeness. However the fact is we can't pop out awesome foamy vids like Muller's all day, because most of us simply can't fly that well, regardless of whether we have $60 or $1000 on the line. That's all my point was. I watch a lot of videos of indoor freestyle competition and as far as I can tell, Muller is among the best flyers out there. AJ is awesome too BTW, but not obviously more skilled IMO.
I didn't mean we ourselves would create videos like Martin's... I meant that there is hours of awesome entertainment already on youtube of great pilots flying foamies, and that even with the pool of "everyone", AJ's landing is actually very unique.

Martin's an innovator... and he pioneered the VPP with thrust vectoring deal, and he deserves all that credit. As for thumb talent, he's very good, but I don't think he's the best of the best... and it's AJ that has the longest/straightest and fastest VPP reverse line I've ever seen. Anyways, opinions are going to vary, fair enough.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Night flight at Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown Roto Rob Electric Plane Talk 0 Aug 30, 2010 04:42 AM
Discussion Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown Cody WIlson 3D Electric Heli Flying 45 Sep 27, 2009 03:37 PM
Alert Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown Cody WIlson 3D Flying 69 Sep 24, 2009 11:23 AM
Alert Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown Cody WIlson 3D / Fun Fly Fuel Planes 12 Sep 24, 2009 10:26 AM
Fly-In Rocky Mountain 3D Throwdown ChrisHProBro Fuel Power Events 2 Aug 19, 2009 10:58 PM