SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
I have the opposite problem, mine is set to max forward trim but has a slight rear drift and has a much higher flight speed backwards
shein95 is offline Find More Posts by shein95
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2011, 08:45 PM
Corpus Christi TX
Joined Sep 2005
11 Posts
I just got this helo this month, and I have to say it's the most stable helo I have flown. Has anyone used a higher MA batery for more flight time? I get 5 minutes with the stock and would like a little more flight time
nav128n is offline Find More Posts by nav128n
Old Jan 23, 2011, 05:36 PM
Quads Helis Planes Cars
Canada, ON, Brampton
Joined Aug 2009
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nav128n View Post
I just got this helo this month, and I have to say it's the most stable helo I have flown. Has anyone used a higher MA batery for more flight time? I get 5 minutes with the stock and would like a little more flight time
This will not answer your question about longer flight time but I've been using the Turnigy Nano 160's, set my timer to 4 minutes and when the timer goes off it still has lots of power to get a good landing in. I wouldn't push much part 4 minutes but the point is you can get a whole bunch of these batteries from HK for the price of one 240 mah.

Since these batteries are not as wide as the stock ones, and there is space on either side of the battery holder, I just cut a small wedge of foam to stick in the space at the bottom side of the mount to make sure the battery connector wasn't carrying all the weight of the battery on the board.

This works for me and is so much cheaper than buying a bunch of batteries that are only really fitted for this Heli at much higher cost.

By the way, This heli is a nice addition to anybodys fleet be you beginner or advanced. Get them while you can at the current price drop.
Nerm is offline Find More Posts by Nerm
Old Feb 07, 2011, 08:53 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
I've noticed the prices have dropped for this heli and am considering getting one.
Have any of you heard of any rumors as to why the price drop?
Is it being discontinued or is there a new version on the horizon?
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Feb 07, 2011, 09:10 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,708 Posts
It seems they are discontinuing the MCX Tandem and the MCX S300 but there are plenty spares for these so you will be ok.

However this should mean new models so your wallet may be hit soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
I've noticed the prices have dropped for this heli and am considering getting one.
Have any of you heard of any rumors as to why the price drop?
Is it being discontinued or is there a new version on the horizon?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Feb 08, 2011, 01:47 AM
Magnolia, MA.
Joined Dec 2010
219 Posts
Old news guys. The Eflite Tandem Rescue was discontinued last month. Picked-up two of them (new) off ebay for $114.89 including shipping. The mCX-S300 was discontinued in August 2010. Finding these are a little more trouble. I found one on ebay (RTF) for $76.00 including S/H & I was lucky as hell to get it @ that price! Usually BNF versions go for $80.00+ these days.

ebay link to the Tandem Rescue (good dealer) Received both of mine in two days:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Good Luck!
UMASS is offline Find More Posts by UMASS
Old Feb 08, 2011, 01:35 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
So as this bird is a tandem, does this feature mean that there is an increase in lift, and therefore an ability for it to carry any payload? e.g. a ~6g camera?
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Feb 08, 2011, 03:04 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_SHRUB View Post
So as this bird is a tandem, does this feature mean that there is an increase in lift, and therefore an ability for it to carry any payload? e.g. a ~6g camera?
It takes a lot of throttle but it will carry around a 16g camera for about 3 minutes:

TandemRescue_0001.wmv (2 min 20 sec)
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Feb 08, 2011, 04:14 PM
Magnolia, MA.
Joined Dec 2010
219 Posts
Nice video...but thank god for the "mute" button on YouTube!!! I could never deal w/ a dog freaking out everytime I used an indoor heli!
UMASS is offline Find More Posts by UMASS
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:50 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMASS View Post
Nice video...but thank god for the "mute" button on YouTube!!! I could never deal w/ a dog freaking out everytime I used an indoor heli!
The dog and the helicopter itself is pretty loud, too. Definitely best if you replace the audio track with Indiana Jones or airwolf theme or something.

My dog just wants to kill anything that flies. He even goes crazier for a Vapor.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:12 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Just wondering..... Do you bind it with Aero on the DX6i or with the Heli mode, and what all needs to be reversed? Also, do any of you guys have any reccomendations for rates?
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:16 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_aviator View Post
Just wondering..... Do you bind it with Aero on the DX6i or with the Heli mode, and what all needs to be reversed? Also, do any of you guys have any reccomendations for rates?
Aero. Full rates... maybe with 150% travel extents on all but aileron (since that's an linear servo, that should not be over driven).

It's very stable.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:17 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Sweet, Thanks, I am just waiting for the battery to charge now.... It has been on the almost fully charged for like 15 mins now..... :P
Old Feb 09, 2011, 07:30 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Just maidened it.... Wow, this thing flies GREAT! I think this'll keep me busy inside the house on the weekdays
Old Feb 11, 2011, 09:06 PM
Joined Nov 2010
10 Posts
Hey, my inner shaft replacements broke again, and now my only local hobby ship, 8 hours away, only sells stylish metal ones for 20$ each, and both are broke. i'm having a hell of a time with this heli.
jimmer109 is offline Find More Posts by jimmer109