Old Feb 10, 2015, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by JonBOY26
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
Careful!
Beware of FPVstyle.com!

WARNING: Beware of purchasing through FPVstyle.com

I just wanted to post about my experience of ordering from FPVstyle.com and warn anybody else that's considering buying through this online store.

At the 16th of December, 2014 I ordered an FX-79 Buffalo (FPV aircraft) through FPVstyle.com. I ordered the kit version that is supplied without the motor etc. The total cost including the FX-79 + postage was US$200.46.

I received an order confirmation indicating that my payment had been received and the package was received on the 24th of December, 2014. After inspecting the contents of the box a couple of days later I became aware that the vertical stabilisers for the FX-79 were missing.

On the 28th of December, 2014 I emailed FPVstyle at service@fpvstyle.com informing them of the missing parts and requesting that they be sent to the original postal address (supplied again). A reasonable request I thought.

However I received no response to this email whatsoever. As such I re-emailed FPVstyle on the 6th of January, 2014. Once again I received no response, despite sending the email to sales@fpvstyle.com as well as service@fpvstyle.com

After getting no response to my emails titled 'Missing parts', I asked my brother to contact FPVstyle on the same email address that I had been contacting in order to see whether he received a reply. As such my brother emailed FPVstyle merely asking if they sell replacement parts for the FX-79 Buffalo. Within hours he received a reply from FPVstyle asking which parts he needed to buy.

At that point my brother pointed out that his brother (me) has ordered a Buffalo and the vertical stabiliser were missing. He supplied the order number details and asked that the stabilisers be sent.

FPVstyle then replied stating that the orders are checked before being distpatched and could my brother send a picture of the order as proof. My brother supplied a picture as requested and we have continued to attempt to contact FPVstyle since then, however now all replies have FPVstyle have ceased.

For proof of my claims please see the included screen captures on my email communications (or lack thereof) with FPVstyle.com

I again emailed FPVstyle on the 16th of January at both the 'service' and 'sales' but received no reply whatsoever.

Given that FPVstyle has deliberately chosen to my ignore my legitimate support requests, I've had to resort to purchasing replacement stabilisers for an FX-61 Phantom through HobbyKing, in the hope that they will fit my FX-79 Buffalo.

Needless to say I will never make another purchase through FPVstyle.com, and I strongly caution anybody else that is considering purchasing through this online store. You will likely receive your order, however should a problem arise with your order you can expect zero customer support.
JonBOY26 is offline Find More Posts by JonBOY26
Last edited by JonBOY26; Apr 29, 2015 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typo corrected
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2015, 08:31 PM
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
Well I just opened a Paypal dispute against my FPVstyle purchase. Maybe they will take notice of me now.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:41 AM
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
An update:

After creating a Paypal dispute, the seller FPVstyle.com has replied to the dispute (the first time I've been able to get their attention since this problem began).

In attempt to worm their way out of taking responsibility for the missing parts, FPVstyle has told paypal that the FX-79 I purchased doesn't include vertical stabilisers because it is the 'KIT' version.

Can you believe that!!! Kit versions include the foam airframe and usually a motor mount, and kits most definitely include the foam stabilisers. It is clear that this seller is an absolute pirate.

Given that FPVstyle intends to lie their way out of taking responsibility, I have escalated the 'dispute' to a 'claim', where a Paypal representative will now review the case.

To add insult to injury, my account with FPVstyle has seemingly been deleted. I store my login details for all my accounts in a password manager (Last Pass), and now my details no longer work. When I provide my email address to recover my password, I don't receive an email with a reset link, which indicates that the account itself has been deleted. Truly despicable.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:48 AM
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
Here's the FX-79 Buffalo kit listing on FPVstyle.com that apparently doesn't include vertical stabilisers, yet is clearly pictured with vertical stabilisers. The provided images are even watermarked 'FPVstyle'.

Note the laughable claim of 'WARRANTY NO MATTER WHAT' that is listed in the top right corner of the product listing.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 01:08 AM
Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Thank you for warning others. This site has now been blacklisted.
AssassinXCV is offline Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Old Feb 12, 2015, 02:40 AM
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinXCV View Post
Thank you for warning others. This site has now been blacklisted.
Cheers, am glad to hear FPVstyle.com has been blacklisted.

My replacement vertical stabilisers that I had to buy from Hobby King arrived today. There aren't actually parts available for the FX-79 Buffalo so I had to buy vertical stabilisers to fit the FX-61 Phantom, which is a related model. Fortunately they fit!
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:22 PM
Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
I'm no admin or mod. Just was saying i'm blocking it on my end.
AssassinXCV is offline Find More Posts by AssassinXCV
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:43 PM
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinXCV View Post
I'm no admin or mod. Just was saying i'm blocking it on my end.
Aaah I see, well that's still good to know, and might save you some grief down the track.

A quick search of these forums and I see that many people have had problems with FPVstyle.com in that orders haven't been sent out and customer support won't respond. Wish I had a done a search before I placed my order with these pirates. Lesson learnt!
Old Mar 04, 2015, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by nicolasgod
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jun 2014
59 Posts
Got some issues with them too, I purchased 3 RangerEX and a MiniX from them, after complaining for a month I finally got the RangerEX but the miniX no, they are supposed to rrefund me, but till now they didn't do it.

there answers are loosy and slow. Even the first set of tracking number I got was wrong, they sent me one later on and looking at the tracking i discovered that they only shipped it the same day they sent me the right tracking numbers.

They are not reliable and can't be trusted.
nicolasgod is offline Find More Posts by nicolasgod
Old Mar 05, 2015, 08:13 PM
Joined May 2013
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolasgod View Post
Got some issues with them too, I purchased 3 RangerEX and a MiniX from them, after complaining for a month I finally got the RangerEX but the miniX no, they are supposed to rrefund me, but till now they didn't do it.

there answers are loosy and slow. Even the first set of tracking number I got was wrong, they sent me one later on and looking at the tracking i discovered that they only shipped it the same day they sent me the right tracking numbers.

They are not reliable and can't be trusted.
Sorry to hear that you got stung by FPVstyle.com also.

From my experience the only way to deal with FPVstyle is through lodging a Paypal dispute. Until I did that they didn't even bother addressing my concerns. However that doesn't mean a Paypal dispute will produce a favourable outcome.

An update to my own case: after Paypal reviewed the dispute, which I escalated to a claim, Paypal ruled that I was entitled to a refund, but that in order to receive the refund I had to post the Buffalo back to China, in its' original condition, and via registered postage.

First of all that, absolutely absurd as the Buffalo box is huge and the cost would be around US$50. Secondly, Paypal would't even specify how much I would actually be refunded, and on top of that I wouldn't have been refunded the postage cost I originally paid, which was quite substantial. Thirdly, the Buffalo had already been glued together so it wasn't even possible to return it in original condition! Paypal doesn't provide any means to appeal a decision though, so that leaves victims of this sort of online fraud high and dry when the victim is unable to comply with the ruling.

I emailed FPVstyle directly and explained that rather than posting back the Buffalo I would be happy with a compromise whereby FPVstyle issues me a partial refund for the amount it cost me to buy the missing parts from HobbyKing. This email went unanswered for a long time, until suddenly an FPVstyle rep called 'Michael' emailed me. He explained that they would be happy to issue me the partial refund. I provided all the info on what costs I incurred replacing the parts, which was around US$20, and provided a Paypal email address to send the partial refund to. I was told that he would pass it along to the financial department, but then the trail went cold. My last contact with Michael was a while ago, and despite sending follow up emails I still haven't received an update regarding the partial refund or the partial refund itself.

I knew FPVstyle still weren't likely to come through with a refund, despite Michael's emails, so I didn't get my hopes up.

Until that partial refund comes through my opinion of FPVstyle.com will remain extremely negative, and I will continue to strongly advise anybody and everybody not to purchase anything through this online store.
Old Apr 01, 2015, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by quadcopter707
Joined Feb 2015
18 Posts
I just received a Unicorn fpv quadcopter and upon opening the package I notice it has much cheaper and different landing gear then what was advertized.. but that's not the big problem.. There is no computer software for the flight controller and I cannot adjust ANYTHING about the copter. They have not replied to my email yet and have not called the number I provided. I politely only asked for the software I need to download. Something like the NAZA lite or open pilot style software. They advertized it would have automatic downloads and yada yada.. it has nothing of the sort.. at least not without the ground station software. If anyone has the info or knows about what FC this company uses I would greatly appreciate it. Thank!
quadcopter707 is offline Find More Posts by quadcopter707
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:05 PM
Find More Posts by JHawk19
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,272 Posts
OMG...I just placed an order for a Unicorn-1. I emailed asking about stock and my email was answered in a few hours. I placed my order and responded back letting them know. Within minutes I was emailed confirming my order and Cathy told me that she would provide tracking the next day. It's been 5 days and there is no update. I've even contacted Cathy via Skype. Nothing.
JHawk19 is offline Find More Posts by JHawk19
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:26 PM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,272 Posts
I was just provided an email with a UPS Tracking number. The email showed a photo of the label with my address on it. Hopefully it's legit!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:22 PM
United States, SC
Joined Apr 2008
2,272 Posts
Well, I had a tracking number, but it's not been updated at all. I have been contacting their customer service via Skype and today I learned that the "cargo" was returned to them twice due to issues in shipping the two included LiPo batteries. I was told it went out again today via another carrier and, "so far so good, it's not been sent back". I assume that will change my tracking number.

It's been 7 days and I will open a PayPal dispute once 10 days have passed and it's not been shipped with a tracking number that I can actually see move.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 06:20 AM
Find More Posts by Maseo54
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Sep 2012
196 Posts
Bigshark x6 flight controller....
Maseo54 is offline Find More Posts by Maseo54