New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:09 AM
Find More Posts by Travler
Wingman
United States, FL, Avon Park
Joined Mar 2004
275 Posts
Love your background, my current one is my avitar. I have been trying to lighten the QTee since I discovered electric. My most recent try from several years back has lightened structure and a geared 280. Just arrived in Florida and unloading the bike.

La
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2015, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
Vintage Aircraft Lover
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jan 2013
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycamel View Post
Thanks for the compliment GG, update on my build, finished, need to maiden it, maybe this weekend, i'll report back with vid. finished hatch, covered it, moved to other side of shop and took some pics.
Love your background, my current one is my avitar. I have been trying to lighten the QTee since I discovered electric. My most recent try from several years back has lightened structure and a geared 280. Just arrived in Florida and unloading the bike. La
You're welcome, raycamel. Got to agree with Travler, love your background in the photos, too, especially the legacy early model Honda Goldwing (GL-1000?). I've got a 2001 Kawasaki ZG1200/B15 Voyager XII tourer, really love riding it and a 1971 Honda CB100, good neighborhood commuter. Got a Q-Tee to repair since last crash, need to debug a Norvel .061 Big Mig sagging RPM problem. Will know more once I get it torn apart. Some say it may be that aluminum particles from the crankcase may be binding on the crankshaft.
GallopingGhostlr is offline Find More Posts by GallopingGhostlr
Old Oct 23, 2015, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by raycamel
United States, IL, Hillside
Joined Mar 2006
27 Posts
Hey Gang,
Yep, no shortage of classic cycles, that is my profession, repairing, rebuilding, restoring, custom building classic jap cycles, for 20+ years, those are all customers cycles. The cycle my plane is sitting on, is a 1979 GL1100 Goldwing that has been sitting for 16 years, and in about 2 weeks, I will start to restore it back to running and riding condition, you can find a lot more cool cycle pics and articles if you do a google search for my business name, Dinosaur Four Motorcycle Services. Actually, model airplanes are what got me started into miniature engines and mechanic-ing/engineering when I was like 8, so, model airplanes led me to my lifelong profession, and out of all the jobs I have had, this is the best one, the only one I can think of that would be better, is building model airplanes/airplanes for a living!
raycamel is offline Find More Posts by raycamel
Old Nov 16, 2015, 04:39 AM
Find More Posts by raycamel
United States, IL, Hillside
Joined Mar 2006
27 Posts
Flight Report

Hey All,
Finally my order came after 39 days, got all my bits for the Q-Tee, set up model, yesterday was last warm day(63) for along time, balanced her up, drove a block over to the local cemetery with my brother and flew a few packs through her. A few CG adjustments and some up trim and flying was nice, chopping the motor revealed a nice glide, all in all it was a nice flying session, with no broken pieces .
Actually, the hot glue blobs i used as wheel collars popped off, and so did the wheels on the fourth landing, i removed landing gear and rechecked balance, hand launched it a few times, belly landed in the grass.
raycamel is offline Find More Posts by raycamel
Old Nov 16, 2015, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by turbonut
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
8,882 Posts
Nice work..It really looks good in Clear.
I pulled the parts down from my QTee Built in the early 70s. My First RC plane.. started a rebuild with a few parts copied form a NIB kit I have..Would have been easy to just build the new kit but more fun to bring the old parts back from the dead.
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Nov 20, 2015, 06:56 PM
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
8,882 Posts
Question? should I post the rebuild of my Q-Tee(1973ish built) here or just start a new thread for it. I am thinking of a new thread and include a new build of a S-Tee with it. The pic is where I started the rebuild last week. Tail and wing from my 1973 QTee and a NIB kit to copy the fuse parts. And from my motor box a NIB QRC. 049
Last edited by turbonut; Nov 20, 2015 at 07:09 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 07:17 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
796 Posts
You could do it either way, turbonut. If you do a separate build thread, could you provide a link here? Then post milestone photos and flight report here. That way, you can get really detailed in your build log, and let us see your results here.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:24 PM
Find More Posts by xplaneguy
Clear Skies & Contrails
Edwards AFB, CA
Joined May 2009
4,646 Posts
turbonut-Looking forward to your Q-Tee rebuild and S-Tee build. My daughter will be building a Q-Tee during the Christmas break and we're planning to take it to SMALL 2016.

Have fun!
xplaneguy is offline Find More Posts by xplaneguy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2015, 06:49 AM
Find More Posts by slug182
Brazil, SP, São Paulo
Joined Sep 2015
57 Posts
Hey guys, here is some pictures of my q tee build, its coming to to life now! Im a bit scared about the covering, never did it and cant decide What to use it, any suggestions?
slug182 is offline Find More Posts by slug182
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:03 PM
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
8,882 Posts
So new thread it will be!

Tony happy to have you on board. The QTee will be a great build for the Xmas break...What engine? .049 ? I had a NIB QRC so that is going in mine.I may up grade at a later date.

Slug, any of the plastic cover films will work great on the QTee. Make a small frame from balsa scraps and test/practise on that...
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:36 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slug182 View Post
Hey guys, here is some pictures of my q tee build, its coming to to life now! Im a bit scared about the covering, never did it and cant decide What to use it, any suggestions?
Q-Tee was designed to use the standard heat shrink plastic film coverings. If you want to save some weight, choose one of the lighter ones.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by surfer_kris
Sweden
Joined Jan 2008
1,188 Posts
I like the Oralite coverings, they are lightweight and very easy to use. They can also be used together with the regular Oracovering for some solid coloured parts:
surfer_kris is online now Find More Posts by surfer_kris
Old Nov 27, 2015, 07:48 PM
Pro Hoarder
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
8,882 Posts
Here is the link to the new thread..As promised
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post33301624
Old Nov 28, 2015, 08:08 PM
rfk
Find More Posts by rfk
rfk
CT
Joined Nov 2003
324 Posts
Do the Q-tee and S-tee use the same wing and tail feathers?
rfk is offline Find More Posts by rfk
Old Nov 28, 2015, 08:21 PM
Vintage Aircraft Lover
Joined Jan 2013
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfk View Post
Do the Q-tee and S-tee use the same wing and tail feathers?
See,
Q-Tee: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1350
S-Tee: http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=4600