Old Mar 24, 2009, 02:21 PM
Find More Posts by angler-hi
Angler-Hi
Ft Hood, Tx
Joined Dec 2007
93 Posts
Rant
Thanks alot Banana Hobby!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I ordered two planes...two separate orders from Banana Hobby.com on the 10th of this month. I paid an additional $36.00 for 3-day shipping when I ordered the F-35. The site says that orders usually ship between 2-3 days of the order. My Phantom shipped first, and I called to see when my F-35 would ship. The lady in customer service said it would be shipping tomorrow (keep in mind that I made that call on the 12th)! Well I got my phantom yesterday, but no F-35....soooo, I called them this morning and was told that it wouldn't ship until tomorrow!!!!! That's just great!! Now, I will be at the airport on Wednesday morning on my way back to Iraq for another 8 months...my plane will arrive the day I leave!

After I had placed the order and paid for 3-day shipping, I get an e-mail from them saying my plane will ship between 4-7 days!! This is what you get AFTER you place your order, that says 2-3 days it will ship! So come to find out, I was told that my plane was shipped almost 4 days ago, just to ease my nerves...I guess. I don't know for sure. But I don't appreciate being lied to and I'm damn sure not a fan of false advertisement.

Mike Ratterman
angler-hi is offline Find More Posts by angler-hi
Last edited by angler-hi; Mar 24, 2009 at 03:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:02 PM
Find More Posts by banana hobby
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angler-hi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I ordered two planes...two separate orders from Banana Hobby.com on the 10th of this month. I paid an additional $36.00 for 3-day shipping when I ordered the F-35. The site says that orders usually ship between 2-3 days of the order. My Phantom shipped first, and I called to see when my F-35 would ship. The lady in customer service said it would be shipping tomorrow (keep in mind that I made that call on the 12th)! Well I got my phantom yesterday, but no F-35....soooo, I called them this morning and was told that it wouldn't ship until tomorrow!!!!! That's just great!! Now, I will be at the airport on Wednesday morning on my way back to Iraq for another 8 months...my plane will arrive the day I leave!

After I had placed the order and paid for 3-day shipping, I get an e-mail from them saying my plane will ship between 4-7 days!! This is what you get AFTER you place your order, that says 2-3 days it will ship! So come to find out, I was told that my plane was shipped almost 4 days ago, just to ease my nerves...I guess. I don't know for sure. But I don't appreciate being lied to and I'm damn sure not a fan of false advertisement. I called them and told them that this would be the LAST time they get my business. Thanks alot Banana Hobby! But hey...if I die in Iraq I'll have my wife donate my F-35 to Wattflyer...you can rest assured it's still in the box and never flown!!

I never had this kind of service from them before! I don't know what was going on with them, but now I find myself debating on wether or not to continue giving them my business. Alot of guys don't come back from where I'm going...I really wanted the chance to fly my new plane before I went.

Mike Ratterman

Mike,

I appreciate your post here. This gives me a step by step look at what is going on that I can't see or did not know about. The problem here is like I have been saying, I am hiring new personnel. I have an office space with 8 people that are new and don't know what the heck they are doing. Just the basic training to offer customer support. In your case here, it became a he said she said. The communication here is an issue and I know that. Each day I am working on this issue. I have the help now, but they are all new and learning the ropes each day. I'm not going to make any excuses here. It looks like we messed up on your order.

You let me know how I can resolve this for you. I hate that you are off to serve our Country and we dropped the ball in your order. Let me know how I can best resolve this for you. I personally apologize once again. I was also out of the office last Wed until Sunday at a helicopter contest. That could have added to the confusion as well.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:06 PM
Angler-Hi
Ft Hood, Tx
Joined Dec 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Mike,

I appreciate your post here. This gives me a step by step look at what is going on that I can't see or did not know about. The problem here is like I have been saying, I am hiring new personnel. I have an office space with 8 people that are new and don't know what the heck they are doing. Just the basic training to offer customer support. In your case here, it became a he said she said. The communication here is an issue and I know that. Each day I am working on this issue. I have the help now, but they are all new and learning the ropes each day. I'm not going to make any excuses here. It looks like we messed up on your order.

You let me know how I can resolve this for you. I hate that you are off to serve our Country and we dropped the ball in your order. Let me know how I can best resolve this for you. I personally apologize once again. I was also out of the office last Wed until Sunday at a helicopter contest. That could have added to the confusion as well.

Pete
Pete, I responded in the other thread friend. It's all good man. Just keep making progress bro, and you'll have my support AND business!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 03:07 PM
Angler-Hi
Ft Hood, Tx
Joined Dec 2007
93 Posts
Initial post edited.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by deforestb
Joined Mar 2009
7 Posts
Banana Hobby Complaints

Hey Pete! What's up guys!

I just want to deliver my worth in this thread! Never been registered to a site like this.

I have been flying for only 3 months. Since then I have learned to fly a wide range of planes (on a budget though), including the F-16 400 DF... and let me tell you, it's a wonderful (HOT for me) electric ducted fan jet. But I am having a hay-day laughing at people who have let their children, or rather they fly as their first time these high-class jets featured on Banana Hobby. That's pretty funny, and you have to put up with this Pete?! LOL

I'm waiting for my TW Cessna, and the reason for delay was simply... well it appears they were out of stock. Whatever the reason, I have not minded waiting. Although I ordered on March 7, you have to take in mind the following: your package only moves on business days, and that doesn't include days between getting to your order, getting it in stock, etc. In the end, even the UPS ship date is justified, technically it's not even a day late. Just, I didn't know you guys were out of stock... lol

Pete made everything clear from the get-go, no complaints... can't wait to get this darn plane, hopefully today. I'm exited!

Good luck Pete and please keep me updated.

Cheers

Jesse B.
deforestb is offline Find More Posts by deforestb
Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:03 PM
Angler-Hi
Ft Hood, Tx
Joined Dec 2007
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deforestb

I just want to deliver my worth in this thread! Never been registered to a site like this.

I have been flying for only 3 months. Since then I have learned to fly a wide range of planes (on a budget though), including the F-16 400 DF... and let me tell you, it's a wonderful (HOT for me) electric ducted fan jet. But I am having a hay-day laughing at people who have let their children, or rather they fly as their first time these high-class jets featured on Banana Hobby. That's pretty funny, and you have to put up with this Pete?! LOL

I'm waiting for my TW Cessna, and the reason for delay was simply... well it appears they were out of stock. Whatever the reason, I have not minded waiting. Although I ordered on March 7, you have to take in mind the following: your package only moves on business days, and that doesn't include days between getting to your order, getting it in stock, etc. In the end, even the UPS ship date is justified, technically it's not even a day late. Just, I didn't know you guys were out of stock... lol

Pete made everything clear from the get-go, no complaints... can't wait to get this darn plane, hopefully today. I'm exited!

Cheers

Jesse B.
Just out of curiousity, why would you be laughing at people making the mistake of flying and probably crashing these intermediate planes? Do you have any idea of how many people attempt to get into this hobby and are detered because they didn't know they should have gone the "trainer" route first? They buy these planes that are above their skill level, crash, blame the plane and then quite! How exactly is that FUNNY!?

I find it "funny" how you congradulate Pete, yet laugh at one of the biggest reasons why so many drop the hobby, which actually loses these hobby shops money.

Also, I edited quite a bit of my original post after speaking with Pete....MY order was actually time sensitive. I paid for 3 day shipping because I'm only home for 15 days (R&R) from IRAQ!!!!! I have to leave my family tomorrow to go back! I was hoping to have it in time to fly it before I left. So tell me....WHAT DO YOU FIND SO FUNNY!!!!!????
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:53 AM
Find More Posts by AtTheMet
Dangerous with CA
B'ham, AL
Joined Sep 2008
226 Posts
Quote:

I find it funny that you belittle people whom you call 'children' for flying these 'high-class' jets from BH, yet you have only been flying for 3 months ?

Also I see your post count is ONE, looks like just another BH cheerleader.
AtTheMet is offline Find More Posts by AtTheMet
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:22 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,675 Posts
Quote:

Cheers

Jesse B.

Jesse,

Thanks for the chime in. Let me know your order number because the shipment of the TW Cessna's are here. I want to make sure it ships today if it has not already. Thank you for your patience!

Pete
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 25, 2009, 03:44 PM
Find More Posts by BillM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,323 Posts
angler-hi
I worked in a hobby shop for a few years after retirement. I had a few years experience in this hobby and I was willing to help people make good buying decisions when it came to starting out.
But believe me there are people that are so hard headed that nothing will stop them from making bad choices. I've had guys spend big dollars on planes they had no chance in a million to fly because they could not accept the fact they needed a trainer. Several came back and blamed the store for selling them bad airplanes.
Now consider the fact that these people had the benefit of face to face advice and refused to accept it--what chance do you think they have for success dealing with a computer web site--a totally inannimate object?
It is not always the fault of the vendor.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Mar 25, 2009, 04:23 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Just out of curiousity, why would you be laughing at people making the mistake of flying and probably crashing these intermediate planes? Do you have any idea of how many people attempt to get into this hobby and are detered because they didn't know they should have gone the "trainer" route first? They buy these planes that are above their skill level, crash, blame the plane and then quite! How exactly is that FUNNY!?

I find it "funny" how you congradulate Pete, yet laugh at one of the biggest reasons why so many drop the hobby, which actually loses these hobby shops money.

Also, I edited quite a bit of my original post after speaking with Pete....MY order was actually time sensitive. I paid for 3 day shipping because I'm only home for 15 days (R&R) from IRAQ!!!!! I have to leave my family tomorrow to go back! I was hoping to have it in time to fly it before I left. So tell me....WHAT DO YOU FIND SO FUNNY!!!!!????

I believe a lot of the people need to be set in the right direction in this hobby. I do not blame them at all because often, videos show it as something that looks very easy. It is my job here to convey the right product to the right experience level. I have a ton of future videos that has nothing to do with products from our company. I am doing this hobby because when I was young, my dad introduced me to the gift of flight. I want people young and old to be Blessed with a wonderful hobby that can really shape a persons life.

I have talked to you and I wish you the very best in serving us in Iraq. We all owe you a debt of gratitude. I am just sick that we did not get your item to you in time. I have just revised the wording on my orders page. Please let me know how I can assist you again.

Pete
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 25, 2009, 04:26 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM
angler-hi
I worked in a hobby shop for a few years after retirement. I had a few years experience in this hobby and I was willing to help people make good buying decisions when it came to starting out.
But believe me there are people that are so hard headed that nothing will stop them from making bad choices. I've had guys spend big dollars on planes they had no chance in a million to fly because they could not accept the fact they needed a trainer. Several came back and blamed the store for selling them bad airplanes.
Now consider the fact that these people had the benefit of face to face advice and refused to accept it--what chance do you think they have for success dealing with a computer web site--a totally inannimate object?
It is not always the fault of the vendor.

BM

BM,

I appreciate your post. You just shared a side that I can not speak from my position. You are correct completely in what you have said. Thanks for sharing.

Pete
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:49 PM
Joined Mar 2009
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheMet
I find it funny that you belittle people whom you call 'children' for flying these 'high-class' jets from BH, yet you have only been flying for 3 months ?

Also I see your post count is ONE, looks like just another BH cheerleader.
well I almost missed getting to fly this thing. I got it today, but my order was actually on March 7. So doing the math, I figure there may also be some problems even with a three day shipping. This is what it turns people into:

and wow you guys are hyper responsive here. I have never had feedback really before!

you learn from your mistakes, and including saying things that hurt people. I'm going into the service in just over a week thank you sir. I won't make fun of that anymore... these days, that's a lot of money. And that seriously hurts when something goes wrong.

I think I'll stay on my flight simulator for a while!

as far as posting in here, I'll stick with informative :]
Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:51 PM
Joined Mar 2009
7 Posts
Quote:

sorry for anything that may have been uncalled for. I won't speak my mind like that again good sir. Rather, I'll offer input after I have flown this long-awaited plane and let you know how it flies. I'll get probably 2 flights out of this thing before I ship out for active duty.

God Bless
Old Mar 26, 2009, 06:58 PM
Joined Mar 2009
7 Posts
it's hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Jesse,

Thanks for the chime in. Let me know your order number because the shipment of the TW Cessna's are here. I want to make sure it ships today if it has not already. Thank you for your patience!

Pete
it got here! I'm happy now! Bring on the pros, you need more experts rather than you being the only experienced one

I do have some input on this plane though and I'll share that later. I have some upgrade suggestions on this model to make it a bit stronger!

everything was fine in the shipment, although the cowl seems to have absorbed some damage from the UPS handling haha

I might reinforce the motor mount if it comes loose at all... it does seem loose, maybe from where it got gashed in the cowl. When you ship UPS, this likes to happen. to bad FedEX isn't so expensive, they're the best shippers I've ever had. I entrusted a $600 piano to them several years back (paid with my hard earned dollars), but I wouldn't do that with UPS

regards,

Jesse B
Old Mar 27, 2009, 02:29 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,675 Posts
Quote:
it got here! I'm happy now! Bring on the pros, you need more experts rather than you being the only experienced one

I do have some input on this plane though and I'll share that later. I have some upgrade suggestions on this model to make it a bit stronger!

everything was fine in the shipment, although the cowl seems to have absorbed some damage from the UPS handling haha

I might reinforce the motor mount if it comes loose at all... it does seem loose, maybe from where it got gashed in the cowl. When you ship UPS, this likes to happen. to bad FedEX isn't so expensive, they're the best shippers I've ever had. I entrusted a $600 piano to them several years back (paid with my hard earned dollars), but I wouldn't do that with UPS

regards,

Jesse B

Jesse,

I have a couple of experienced personnel slated to start in the next few weeks. I know that will make a huge difference. Thanks for the chime in and thank you for your services for our Country!

God Bless You and our Troops always!

Pete
Site Sponsor