HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:26 PM
3d Master in Training
United States, PA, Tunkhannock
Joined Dec 2011
712 Posts
I like havin my lhs order me things and paying zero shipping. Plus good for the local community
garrettt04s is offline Find More Posts by garrettt04s
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:48 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Shipping and handling. Tape, cardboard boxes, air pillows, packing peanuts, shipping labels. For sellers like you are me, we either dumpster dive or recycle that stuff. For a company who ships however many items a day, they have to pay for that. That's before you get into the wages of the person who gets this at the warehouse and sends it on it's way. Does anyone think they are getting a better deal when it says "free shipping"?
that is perfectly understandable ,BUT, how is that i can buy a plane from seller "A"at 100.00 plus 14.00 shipping and the same plane from nitroplanes is 33.00shipping . that is what bothers me . about them if they where to charge a reasonable shipping rate i would buy more planes from them . till then i just wait for there free shipping . and mind you i keep track of the regular price . so if the plane i want all of a sudden goes up 35.00 buck and has free shipping . i wont buy it.

they picked up that bad habit from bannana hobbies. right now they have a pitts i want ,when it first came out on there website it was 199.00 now its 259.00 free shipping . What is that all about .sell it to me for 199.00 and charge me 25.00 shipping like it was originaly . till this day im still waiting for the price to go back to 199.00 forget the free shipping .lol
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:33 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I have ordered more from nitroplanes/xheli/nitrorcx than I have from Banana Hobby. But I have to say I prefer what they did. They raised all the prices of the products and then offered free shipping over $50. That's great. I love shopping and no worrying about what the shipping costs are going to be. That's why I like Banggood so much. There is NO shipping option, just free. Keep the 5%, it makes no difference. Raise your prices to include shipping or make them reasonable. This is not a person knocking your company. I love your products, have bought several times from you and plan to order more in the future and speak positively about your company to my club members. Just want you to understand the psychology of your customers and help you sell and help us buy. Isn't that what it's all about? Keep up the good work!
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMFlyer View Post
WHAT air pillows and peanuts????? Never found any of those in my nitro shipments. You must be SPECIAL...
There might be a chance, however slim, that we bought different things from them, and as such, they were packed differently? I've had 6 orders from them I believe, I'm thinking 4-5 were in one box, and the inner box was just a wee bit smaller than the outside box, so no other material was needed (foamy planes). There were two however that I know had the airpillows in them as I bought some replacement parts, a lipo bag, and a charger too, this one actually:

http://www.nitroplanes.com/skychb65dupo.html

The smaller items were wrapped in bubble wrap and taped up.

But yes, I am special as well, but I don't think that was known to them when I ordered.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpos View Post
I watch the emails, websites, and flyers all the time.
But when I see a plane go on "sale" but the shipping costs goes up to compensate for the reduced cost, or the "Regular price" gets super inflated so that the plane looks like it is on sale when the sale price is the same as the regular price before the sale I get fed up too.
I have moved on past that and have switched to other companies that don't do that.

I'm just tired of the games. Now I only deal with straight up stores.
They still exist and want our business.
And for that I get great service and I appreciate that.
I cannot agree with you more. Although I think the other vendor referenced did this a lot, I detest seeing this. I think both vendors have done this, and I know other members have shown screen shots from one day to the next, when the price of the item went down, and shipping went up considerably, or vice versa. I know merchandise fluctuates in price, but not within 24 hours! As I've said sometimes I'll just look at the delivered price and if I can live with it, I'll buy it. Doesn't matter if the item is 1 and the shipping 99, or the other way around, if the item is a good deal for me at 100, I'll buy. But I agree 101% for the most part that business practice leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
that is perfectly understandable ,BUT, how is that i can buy a plane from seller "A"at 100.00 plus 14.00 shipping and the same plane from nitroplanes is 33.00shipping . that is what bothers me . about them if they where to charge a reasonable shipping rate i would buy more planes from them . till then i just wait for there free shipping . and mind you i keep track of the regular price . so if the plane i want all of a sudden goes up 35.00 buck and has free shipping . i wont buy it.

they picked up that bad habit from bannana hobbies. right now they have a pitts i want ,when it first came out on there website it was 199.00 now its 259.00 free shipping . What is that all about .sell it to me for 199.00 and charge me 25.00 shipping like it was originaly . till this day im still waiting for the price to go back to 199.00 forget the free shipping .lol
Again, I agree 100%. I'll shop multiple vendors for the same item, and if the item price is the same, but shipping is way higher with one of them (all things being equal), obviously the cheaper shipper wins. I don't believe anything is really "free", including shipping. But again, if a plane was 99 before with 30 shipping, and is 99 tomorrow with "free" shipping, I would get the plane.

There was a thread here last year on another plane, to some degree discontinued but available at most hobby places. One guy shows up on feebay and is selling the exact same item at .50 cents on the dollar, including shipping. He obviously got a TON of business, I went for it 10 different times. I still check his listings every day and hope for more deals.

The thing that perplexes me is how often some of these vendors are out of stock on items, and for how long. When you see a page of 30 planes and 20 are out of stock, I just hit the back page and go somewhere else.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:22 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,026 Posts
Funny you guys mentioned this. I too used to buy from NP but no more after their outrageous shipping and changing prices once items are "on sale". There is a huge difference between a $60 plane with $40 shipping and a $85 plane with $15 shipping. Yes, both will cost you $100 but the former feels like you are being cheated and robbed. It's human psychology!

So last year they were at the WRAM show in NJ and I had a nice chat with them in their mother tongue....Chinese. I figured it might give me a better response. I asked them why they are using the tactic of very low pricing and then making it up with the shipping?

The guy I was talking to just grinned, like I just blew his cover. I told them that people in the US don't like this kind of practice. I said that if they adjusted the price and charge fair shipping they'll get a lot more business as then customer's won't feel like they are being cheated.

He grinned again and then said that he will pass it on to "the manager".

Looks like it fell on deaf ears as they have not changed their policy.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:29 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Downers Grove
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
As MK stated, we don't like it, we don't have to purchase from them. How many times have we seen the $10 items we need on ebay with a shipping charge of $40?!?! Don't support them and they will not make any money!!!

Just my $10 worth...

J
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:33 AM
3d Master in Training
Joined Dec 2011
712 Posts
Maybe this year at the WRAM show try a harder strong arm tactic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:36 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,662 Posts
But I don't WANT to punish them. I just want them to adjust their policies to feel more fair. As stated above, if necessary raise plane prices slightly to allow for reasonable shipping charges.

Although they no longer handle some of the nicer products, there are still a few planes from them I'd like to have. Excluding the hideously unattractive Tech One "toy" planes. They look like something from WalMart.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
3d Master in Training
Joined Dec 2011
712 Posts
Ya on a $30 techone they want $30 shipping
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:09 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Dec 2011
674 Posts
"I cannot agree with you more. Although I think the other vendor referenced did this a lot, I detest seeing this. I think both vendors have done this, and I know other members have shown screen shots from one day to the next, when the price of the item went down, and shipping went up considerably, or vice versa. I know merchandise fluctuates in price, but not within 24 hours! As I've said sometimes I'll just look at the delivered price and if I can live with it, I'll buy it. Doesn't matter if the item is 1 and the shipping 99, or the other way around, if the item is a good deal for me at 100, I'll buy. But I agree 101% for the most part that business practice leaves a bad taste in my mouth. "

My point is I have moved past both vendors that we are speaking about because of the so called "sale" games they play. I like the products they sell. But I refuse to purchase from them when they continue to play the pricing games.

And looking at the current prices for the foam planes compared to balsa planes there must be rather large profit margins, so if a company decides to advertise a sale, it could actually be a real sale. Not this dog and pony show that seems to have spiraled out of control.

Now I have purchased from both said companies last year and only had one issue that was resolved without too much hassle at all. And the conclusion was in my favor.
I was 100% correct but it still could have been argued to a certain degree.

Point being I would still buy from these companies if they would just stop trying to fool us into believing that they were putting on a "sale", when in fact they are only playing the numbers game.

However this recent trend towards treating the public like we are just plain ignorant to their number schemes has pushed me away from even looking at their websites.

I have to thank them in a way for this behavior because if it wasn't for this change in policy that has spiraled out of control the past year I wouldn't have searched for other vendors and found that the local guys can in fact compete with the larger companies.
And in doing so I have moved on to higher quality planes and parts.

It's funny that I can build a very nice balsa ARF "that is actually on a real sale" with motor, servos, esc, wires, and everything I need for almost the same cost as one of the styrofoam ARF planes that are "on sale".

Anyway enough said... I doubt anything will change on account of my comments.
danpos is online now Find More Posts by danpos
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:12 AM
3d Master in Training
Joined Dec 2011
712 Posts
I totally agree
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:28 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
They need to adjust their policies before Hobbyking eats their lunch as they add more and more to the USA warehouse.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:39 AM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
Funny you guys mentioned this. I too used to buy from NP but no more after their outrageous shipping and changing prices once items are "on sale". There is a huge difference between a $60 plane with $40 shipping and a $85 plane with $15 shipping. Yes, both will cost you $100 but the former feels like you are being cheated and robbed. It's human psychology!

So last year they were at the WRAM show in NJ and I had a nice chat with them in their mother tongue....Chinese. I figured it might give me a better response. I asked them why they are using the tactic of very low pricing and then making it up with the shipping?

The guy I was talking to just grinned, like I just blew his cover. I told them that people in the US don't like this kind of practice. I said that if they adjusted the price and charge fair shipping they'll get a lot more business as then customer's won't feel like they are being cheated.

He grinned again and then said that he will pass it on to "the manager".

Looks like it fell on deaf ears as they have not changed their policy.

Was it this kind of grin , or this kind , or this kind

Typically, retailers do not refund the cost of shipping when you want to return an item. If a portion of their profit is based on the markup of shipping, then they get to keep that profit when you have to return an item since you pay for the return shipping and they do not refund you for shipping.

That is what my mother used to call "smiling all the way to the bank".
Bombay is online now Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:17 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrettt04s View Post
Maybe this year at the WRAM show try a harder strong arm tactic
Since I'm from NJ, I'll bring Vitto and Rocko and maybe add in Luigi for backup with me.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK