Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Build Log
1981 Marks Models fun scale "Pitts" Balsa Kit

Hi All
I picked up this Balsa Kit on ebay. (I Always wanted to build my own RC plane, since I was a little kid). Now that it came in, it scared me a bit at first glance. I have never built a kit before and this seemed like a fun one to begin with and because of it's pre formed balsa wings maybe a little easier than traditional ribbed wings. Also I want to convert it to electric I was hoping for a little more explanation in a manual, but I only have a big drawing to work from. So after sitting down and staring at the drawing for a while I decided to put the pre-cut balsa pieces on to the drawin, then things started to make sense. I now decided I really want to build this bird.

Now for everybody who knows more about this kit, maybe you guys have some pictures of your build to share with me. Or some pictures from the finished bird taken from different angles to give me a better 3D view. I found a few pics on this forum, but I like to see the inside too. Any help in this matter is sincerely appreciated. I forgot to mention that I am from the Netherlands. I am not even sure if this kit was ever sold here

Rcpilot_NL is offline Find More Posts by Rcpilot_NL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:12 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,811 Posts
Don't get in a hurry to put glue to wood. You are doing well to lay parts on the plans to try to make sense of it all. When you think you have it dry assemble and use a few pins, rubber bands or whatever to hole it temperately. Maybe not the whole thing but some of the sub assemblies. When you are sure everything fits as it should, then get the glue bottle out and commence to gluing parts together.

Check back here if you have questions and a photo of the problem area helps too.

Welcome to the balsa builders section and RC in general. Above all have fun. This is a hobby, not a job.

Ken
kenh3497 is offline Find More Posts by kenh3497
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FAA & Model avaition
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:55 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Thank you Ken for your helpful tip, I will try that for sure and I will post pictures when I get stuck. Thank you for the warm welcome in this balsa building section. Planning on staying for a while :-)
Rcpilot_NL is offline Find More Posts by Rcpilot_NL