HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Careful!
Why is it so hard for people to keep their word?

So July 5th I'm looking thru ads for Hitec Aurora 9's that are being sold or traded thru RCG. I came accross one being sold by user jr75 made an offer of a heli I have and never used along with a brand new esc, he turned down my first offer so I made a second offer of two nitro airplane engines and on July 9th after exchanging pics of the items being traded we agreed to the trade and both agreed to pay the shipping of our respective items to the other party. We ended up agreeing to ship items on the same day which was July 12th, I kept my end of the agreement and shipped my item on the 12th and sent a usps tracking number. From what I was told he was shipping via ups. Communication up to this point was great, but when I started asking for a tracking number I started getting a response similar to no problem just give me a little bit, which I didn't have a problem with, now here we are over a week later and I still do not have a tracking number, package, or engines even after asking for a tracking number numerous times. Being a man of my word I kept up my end of the deal all I'm looking for is him to keep up his end of the deal. Luckily all of our communication was in writing (either text, email, or PM on here) so that if I have to take further action everything is documented. Since I started the hobby a little over 12 years ago I have not had a bad experience dealing with people and most of the people I have encountered have been some of the nicest and honest people I've ever met now I get to see the small percentage of bad people in the hobby.

If [B]jr75[B] sees this I would love to here his side of why he keeps refusing to prove he sent the package and will even give him a chance to make it right before I have to take further action which doesn't do anyone anygood.

Josh
Nin3rsAllDay is offline Find More Posts by Nin3rsAllDay
Last edited by Nin3rsAllDay; Jul 20, 2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 12:55 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
He hasn't been on here since the 16'th . Maybe something happened. When was your last correspondence ?
In hindsight I wouldn't have traded with anyone having a zero trade rating(yes I know everyone has to start somewhere) . Even then I would have insisted each party sent the other the same amount via paypal with a detailed description of the transaction. That way if something happens the other party has some recourse.
Hope it works out.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
The last correspondence was at 7/17 at 8:16 AM Pacific Time, which was him telling me he was going to have his secretary send me the tracking number, which hasn't happened. I've used this site for years, previously under a different username which I haven't remembered the username or email account that was attached to it, so since he didn't have trader rating I looked at his posting history and even the communication was on the up and up. I also searched his username before making the deal just in case someone else had an issue with him and just didn't post a trader rating. Only time will tell if the situation gets remedied or not.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, AR, Midway
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
this wait about sat or monday , is he talking to you ??? if not see wair is your items is !!!!!

if he got it ....... email him and gave " HIM " 1 day you don't hear from him take action !!!!!!
tisdale is offline Find More Posts by tisdale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
As far as I know the package I sent is sitting at his post office as it requires a signature and I haven't received the return receipt from usps yet which I'm supposed to receive when it is signed for along with a copy of the signature.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, AR, Midway
Joined Jun 2012
19 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
well go to post and see if the thread is closed
tisdale is offline Find More Posts by tisdale
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
The tracking number I have, requires me to go to the post office to check it since it is tied to the insurance on the package and the insurance tracking numbers don't work thru the usps website, that's why I paid for a return receipt so I know when it gets signed for without having to go to the post office.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:53 PM
Team Haiyin & Team HeliOption
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
187 Posts
Trader Rating: 82
Next time spend the .70 cents for Delivery Confirmation too. I like to see where my packages are, either coming or going. Worth the extra.

Hope this works out for you, shame to see this way too often here.
Mahu is online now Find More Posts by Mahu
Old Jul 20, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
307 Posts
The funny thing is I had the delivery confirmation and signature confirmation forms all filled out and ready for the box, but the guy at the post office wouldn't let me buy them (even after 5 mins of going back and forth with him) since the amount of insurance requires a signature when its delivered. I also asked him if I could track the package on the website with the insurance tracking number which he said I would be able to. Lesson learned from that is I will not be shipping with the post office again or I will stand there until they let me purchase the delivery confirmation.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 04:28 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nin3rsAllDay View Post
The funny thing is I had the delivery confirmation and signature confirmation forms all filled out and ready for the box, but the guy at the post office wouldn't let me buy them (even after 5 mins of going back and forth with him) since the amount of insurance requires a signature when its delivered. I also asked him if I could track the package on the website with the insurance tracking number which he said I would be able to. Lesson learned from that is I will not be shipping with the post office again or I will stand there until they let me purchase the delivery confirmation.
Just print your labels online so that you can make them how you want.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:03 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,455 Posts
Trader Rating: 174
I would've asked if he would ship first....and I would not trade over the internet...too many things can go bad, I'd trade Local...but not when I can't see it....But...this may also show up..I hope it does...Billy
FlyBillyFly is offline Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:20 AM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Trader Rating: 53
Without reading through all the responses, I'm going to get straight to my initial thoughts about your post..............

Question - Why it is so hard for folks to keep their word?
Answer - Because no one is being held accountable.

Simple enough.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:45 AM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
So true. If this site had a REAL trader forum like other sites have that is moderated and invokes penalties on a seller/buyer when they foul up it would keep everyone "honest". Currently it's more like a flea market and everyone is on their own . If a moderator does pop in it's probably because someone badmouthed a certain vendor or called someone a "name". When someone has been shown beyond a reasonable doubt to be a ripoff artist nothing is done about it. It's like a hot potato and no one with authority wants to take it and deal with it.
flyinwalenda is online now Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:48 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,231 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
People hide behind the internet and they don't have to look you in the eyes.
topforce is online now Find More Posts by topforce
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:42 PM
Planes, Guitars and Cigars
Joined May 2002
3,171 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Here is my thoughts. He was waiting to confirm you shipped before he sent his end. Since this can not be confirmed by the tracking number you sent him he may assume you never sent your end. I think that it is odd you can't track the package so he may feel the same way.
As such, he will likely not ship until the item is delivered and as discribed.
Steve_A_Reno is offline Find More Posts by Steve_A_Reno
Closed Thread