HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2014, 08:43 AM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2014
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
If it is doing at very low throttle that is the problem I was having. I ended up using the trim tab on my DX8 about 4-5 clicks and it no longer does it
Thanks - will try that.
PGregory is offline Find More Posts by PGregory
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2014, 02:13 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
United States, OH, Parma Heights
Joined Aug 2012
647 Posts
So I'm finally getting my sbach together. I did the motor mount mod and reinforced the landing gear installed new metal gear servos in the rear. Now I'm just not sure of how this esc is in it. It isn't secured and it seems hard to get to. What have you guys done about it. I don't think just letting it flop about is a good idea.
dbdukeboy is offline Find More Posts by dbdukeboy
Old Jun 03, 2014, 03:09 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
Mine's been flopping about for months. Least of my problems. Have you put a better prop on her yet? The stock prop is dangerous to use. Flys great with a 13x6.5 APC prop. Good that you did all the other mods. I fly mine every time out, but have paid the price with catastrophic failures. Is your battery strapped in somehow? Mine ejected last time causing the third catastrophe and I though I had it secure with Velcro and rubber band.
Many good flights to you.
mIke
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Jun 03, 2014, 03:21 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
647 Posts
Yes I have new props haven't got to the battery area yet. So just let the esc go it won't affect the cg by moving around
Old Jun 03, 2014, 04:59 PM
Ground Pounder
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2012
665 Posts
My esc has been flopping around for over 100 flights no issues. But my motor, prop, and collet flew off
Gharddog03 is online now Find More Posts by Gharddog03
Old Jun 03, 2014, 05:03 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
My esc has been flopping around for over 100 flights no issues. But my motor, prop, and collet flew off
That's not good! This plane is becoming comical. Only problem is people are paying good money for it and it could be dangerous.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 03, 2014, 07:02 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
Ya...I've got over $80 in parts laying somewhere in a field from 3 events. LiPO battery most likely in a swampy, mucky pond, that's not good. Wish I had video to send to Dynam. Still fly it everytime out though. No pucker factor anymore. I've seen it all. I fly it fearlessly.
Old Jun 06, 2014, 08:54 PM
Newbe learning everyday!
Joined Aug 2012
647 Posts
So I maidened my sbach tonight and it is extremely nose heavy. If I let go of the sticks it dives. I tried the cg at 75mm and 80mm with no luck and I'm using 1800 4 cells. So what cg are you guys using? Thanks
Old Jun 06, 2014, 11:03 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdukeboy View Post
So I maidened my sbach tonight and it is extremely nose heavy. If I let go of the sticks it dives. I tried the cg at 75mm and 80mm with no luck and I'm using 1800 4 cells. So what cg are you guys using? Thanks
That doesn't necessarily mean it's nose heavy. It may mean it's just out of trim. I have to have a lot of apparent up elevator trim to get this thing to fly level when the CG is set properly because the wing and horizontal stabilizer are out of alignment... by a lot!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Jun 07, 2014, 11:07 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
+1. I have to fly with a ton of up elevator. I can clearly see the elevator is in up position even with battery out. I used the CG mentioned in the build video. I believe it was 73mm, but I'd have to look that up.
Mike
Old Jun 07, 2014, 12:01 PM
MONTREAL
Joined Jul 2009
10 Posts
wing and horizontal stabilizer are out of alignment

--->wing and horizontal stabilizer are out of alignment

I had the same ploblem, motor angle(2x) was ok except the h/stab.
I set my plane level on a glass table, using the battery access cutout as a level o deg ref (using a ruler).
wing & h/stab should be 0deg 0 deg incidence.
Using a ruler measure the distance from table to l/e & from table to t/e on wing & hstab.
My h/stab was about 2deg up, the wing was ok at 0deg.
trim the foam & shim the h/stab. (i shim using 1 popsicle stick,1 for l/e & 1 for t/e h/stab, maybe i need 1 1/2 to be perfect)
you can trim the elevator, move cg to compensate but in knife edge or other aerobatic fly path the acft would not behave as expected. (imo the rework as to be done, if h/stab is out of spec)
now my battery location make sense, almost no elevator trim req & it fly 10x better for any tricks .
crj200 builder is offline Find More Posts by crj200 builder
Last edited by crj200 builder; Jun 07, 2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 05:25 PM
Spain, AL, Málaga
Joined Oct 2011
49 Posts
Cg

Let´s say wing and horizontal stabilizer are well aligned.
Where do you suggest the CG should be located ?
ignacioprodentis is offline Find More Posts by ignacioprodentis
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacioprodentis View Post
Let´s say wing and horizontal stabilizer are well aligned.
Where do you suggest the CG should be located ?
Build video says 73mm back from the leading edge of the wing. Good luck with your Sbach.
Mike