HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 04:43 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,882 Posts
Great weekend of flying with the guys. Tommy showed me the Griffwerks Foamy site on his phone and man the color designs are awesome. Not hard to find one you'll like and they'll even custom one up for you, that's cool!
I had to chuckle today. I was doing a slow low inverted pass across our field with my VisionAire when I heard someone shoutout, hey, you have to flip it over to land! Looked over and it was a cop driving by!
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 04:54 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
Great weekend of flying with the guys. Tommy showed me the Griffwerks Foamy site on his phone and man the color designs are awesome. Not hard to find one you'll like and they'll even custom one up for you, that's cool!
I had to chuckle today. I was doing a slow low inverted pass across our field with my VisionAire when I heard someone shoutout, hey, you have to flip it over to land! Looked over and it was a cop driving by!

Sure was a great weekend of flying bro

Take care and have a good week
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Jul 21, 2014, 09:18 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,527 Posts
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH CYEL (4 min 1 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jul 22, 2014, 01:24 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,527 Posts
07 21 2014 More Crack Yak Extra Light CLOSE ENCOUNTERS (4 min 33 sec)
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Jul 22, 2014, 08:48 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,577 Posts
You guys all know I love planes right? I am falling in love with quads now too. hehe
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jul 22, 2014, 08:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
You guys all know I love planes right? I am falling in love with quads now too. hehe
So, what did you buy Lee?
Did your get yourself a new quad ?

I've be flying the DJI. Phantom for over a year now and loving it
Ready to get into fpv. now
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Jul 23, 2014, 06:44 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
925 Posts
Went to fly my Crack Yak today, for only it's 8th flight and the rudder gears in the servo are stripped! Something told me not to go with the cheap Twisted Hobbies servos. Should have listened to my gut, huh. No way to get this out without trashing the fuselage. Kind of feel ripped off.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:39 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helibard View Post
Went to fly my Crack Yak today, for only it's 8th flight and the rudder gears in the servo are stripped! Something told me not to go with the cheap Twisted Hobbies servos. Should have listened to my gut, huh. No way to get this out without trashing the fuselage. Kind of feel ripped off.
I have worn out servos on my foamy's a few times and they can be a pain to swap out new ones. One trick is rubbing alcohol on hot glue if that is what you used. It will release the hot glue. With Welders or foam-Tac you can carefully run an exacto around all the places you glued it down and push it out. I try to be fairly sparing with glue on the servo mounts with my builds and it does help if one goes bad. Another thing is to make sure the surfaces are nice and free, it can trash a low buck ( or even a high buck) servo pretty quickly. I often bend to surface all the way over and run a sanding block along the hinge to remove thick spots that bind the EPP hinge. You can also make some cuts along the hinge to help free up one that is stiff. I hope this helps
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Jul 23, 2014, 09:42 AM
Romans 8:34-39
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
8,268 Posts
THs build instructions warn you about using little glue so that if it needs removed it's not a terrible chore. Razor knife it out of there. I have to do the same operation on a twitching (badly!) rudder servo on my leadfeather Yak55.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Jul 23, 2014, 12:05 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,577 Posts
I am flying a Syma X1. And loving the little thing. I almost built a monster quad yesterday. Four feet worth of danger. hahahahaha
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Jul 23, 2014, 02:18 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
925 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll get this one out and go to my LHS and get a replacement.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard