HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
No melt or discolor problems on my Beast.
First time I used the stuff, I didn't realize there was a flow control on the can.
Soaked everything!

Now I just let a drop run off the end of the spray tube.

The 'juice' is a permanent fixture in my flight bag.

rc
Good to know. It really is great stuff. I don't even take the servos apart, which was the HUGE advantage. A little spritz and call it good.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:00 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
.....Sorry, but again---Where can one easily find Deoxit???......
Sweetwater.com is da bomb......

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
3,996 Posts
You guys are NUTS!!!---Thanks for the Deoxit links!!!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:12 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
pugsam, enjoy the used B-1b pic, my mother works on that program, and she enjoyed it
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:24 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Free candy with every order I hear
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderLubeS
And a post order call and a post receive package call! I wish I needed some pro gear, but those days are behind me...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
OK, my beast is still in the box in the living room, And I went to order batteries from HObbyking, with micro JST (I have an adaptor on order) and saw that there was a buddy code to get the 260mah nano-tech for about $3 each. So of course, I went for that. But it switched the battery to the one with the eflight connector which appears to be just a balance connector with no discharge plug. It was a buddy code app so I can't blame hobbyking. So now I have batteries on the way from China that I have no way to charge with my good charger. How do you guys charge these? I cannot find a charge cable for them. I can't believe anybody who owns this plane uses the joke of a charger with 4 AA batteries. I am going to reorder the batteries I want and maybe trade these or sell these. I already have 2 180mah 2s zippy batts, but wanted the 260 nano techs for more weight in the nose and better performance.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
OK, my beast is still in the box in the living room, And I went to order batteries from HObbyking, with micro JST (I have an adaptor on order) and saw that there was a buddy code to get the 260mah nano-tech for about $3 each. So of course, I went for that. But it switched the battery to the one with the eflight connector which appears to be just a balance connector with no discharge plug. It was a buddy code app so I can't blame hobbyking. So now I have batteries on the way from China that I have no way to charge with my good charger. How do you guys charge these? I cannot find a charge cable for them. I can't believe anybody who owns this plane uses the joke of a charger with 4 AA batteries. I am going to reorder the batteries I want and maybe trade these or sell these. I already have 2 180mah 2s zippy batts, but wanted the 260 nano techs for more weight in the nose and better performance.
I, and many others, use this parallel charge/balance cable for the stock UMX connector. Charge six batteries at a time with a real charger. Every E-flite charger I get goes straight to the trash.

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I already ordered 4 300mah 2s nano techs from the USA warehouse, so I will have those plus the 180 2s zippys. I will sell the 260 nanos cheap when they arrive. Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I already ordered 4 300mah 2s nano techs from the USA warehouse, so I will have those plus the 180 2s zippys. I will sell the 260 nanos cheap when they arrive. Thanks.
Google up "whatever connector you want to use and parallel charge cable". I'm sure there's something out there if you don't want to solder up your own.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:22 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,086 Posts
Shahram, horizon sells adapters, so does glenn at rc-connectors.com. The plug is three wires, allowing the discharge and balancing wires to be one.
Or, you could buy a umx that comes with the charger, like the mig or the stryker or the CC. However, the cable it comes with only clips on to your car battery or a 12v power supply with large power things to clip on to. Or, if you buy the horizon hobby 12v, or just go to staples or best buy or rat shack or something you can get a 12v power supply that fits the stock charger.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:28 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I think I got it covered now. I have an adaptor for the plane, but not the charger. I can still parallel charge using my parallel board and a micro jst 6 way for the discharge plug. Anybody want the 260mahs ? I'll take $7 shipped when they arrive. That's the buddy price for 2 with no shipping.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:53 PM
United States, OH, Zanesville
Joined Sep 2012
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Finally the moment a few of you have been waiting for!! Back to back tests of my B3D on a 2300kv/5043 and a 3000kv/5030.

Flight conditions:
METAR KTVC 141655Z 14007KT 10SM FEW080 OVC250
Don't speak metar? Winds were from the south south-east at 7kts(8mph).

Noise:
I literally laughed the first time I advanced the throttle on the 2300. Quiet doesn't even come close to describing it.
The 3000kv sounds like someone held their head up to an angry hornets nest. At least you cant hear the servos working.

Performance:
The 2300kv/5043 is faster in a straight line. However the 3000kv/5030 is close in top speed. What I really noticed though is the 2300 can't hold speed in tight higher G turns, and definitely is slower in vertical. Speaking of vertical, The 2300/5043 is MUCH harder to hover. There is a lot more torque and it required basically full aileron(second to outermost hole on horn) to hover. Even then It still wants to turn with every throttle adjustment. *note that this plane is hard to hover anyways unless to move the CG WAY aft, the 3000kv and 5030 are noticeably easier to hover though.

*edit*
Battery usage:
both flights were on a 2S MiniAviation210:
3000kv - 5030: flight time was 5:03. Battery took 156mAh
2300kv - 5043: Flight time was 5:04. Battery took 154mAh
So basically identical battery usage with both setups. Note that I was flying it pretty hard for 3/5 of the flight. I'd bet that if I was just lazily flying around with gentle turns or surfing the wind I'd bet the 2300 would have slightly less draw as it should unload better in the air.
note#2 I know I didn't use the BB240 gold standard for the testing. I dont have 2 of them right now and I wanted to do back to back testing. I've also confirmed that the BB240 and the MA210 give similar performance and always take the same mAh back at charge time when flying the same durations.
*/edit*

My flight test was structured like this:
First min was about 2/3 throttle scale pattern aerobatics, large round loops, slow rolls, 50% hammerhead turns and 50% 45* bank turns at the ends of the box.
Second minute: Low flying. Heavy throttle activity, rolls and KE 8ft off the deck, slow flight, tree pylon flying dodging.
Third minute: 3D, well as much as I can do. Lots of vertical climbs, Blenders, spins, failed KE spins, and some ugly rolling harriers
Fourth minute: Hovering, Yeah I know this is the wrong end of the flight to really hover but I wanted to test how well it would do in the tail end of a battery discharge. see above for results.
Fifth minute: My favorite touch and gos. I think I got 4 in on each flight. nothing really to report here except that I could no longer judge the speed by motor sound on the 2300. I had a slightly harder time with the 2300 probably because of the quietness I tended to be a little fast. nothing that couldn't easily be fixed if I stuck with that setup!

Conclusion (delusions maybe?)
I'm sticking with the 3000kv setup. I subjectively felt that there was more "power" there. Especially seeing as I fly in a relatively confined area. It accelerates faster and holds speed in tight turns and vertical better.
I did a blender in both flights, with the 2300 I ended up at full throttle/rudder/aileron/elevator I was in a slow descending inverted flat spin. I let it continue 4 rotations as it wasn't sinking to fast, it didn't change, it would have continued until terra firma if I let it.with the 3000kv in the same conditions after 2-3 rotations the plane stops descending the nose comes up slightly and it completely stops descending. After a couple rotations of that I can apply opposite rudder and relax the aileron and it will flip into a hover and pull out vertically like a good blender should.

You notice battery usage isn't here: I'm single charging the packs at 1C to get the most accurate data possible. when they are both charged I'll post it here. The 3000kv flight was 5:03 and the 2300kv flight was 5:04 so I'd say they were pretty close, neither to LVC as I like my batteries

-Brian
Awsome & informative post. Thanx. Have You eve tried 3S ? My motor
got really hot, but no problems,,,,,,,
Skyepuncher is offline Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, OH, Zanesville
Joined Sep 2012
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
I, and many others, use this parallel charge/balance cable for the stock UMX connector. Charge six batteries at a time with a real charger. Every E-flite charger I get goes straight to the trash.

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...beast-umx.html
Agreed. I have many E-flite/Parkzone models. I try to buy them as plug-n play
or bind & fly whenever possible, so as not to include the chargers. I would
feel guilty GIVING them away. That said tho, I love the models.
Skyepuncher is offline Find More Posts by Skyepuncher
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyepuncher View Post
Agreed. I have many E-flite/Parkzone models. I try to buy them as plug-n play
or bind & fly whenever possible, so as not to include the chargers. I would
feel guilty GIVING them away. That said tho, I love the models.
Sometimes, you don't have a choice if you want a specific model. Like the new 130 X. Awesome little heli, but you have no choice to pay for the crappy charger and E-flite battery. It would be nice if they offered a "basic" version of that model. And, I lied... Not every one of my E-flite chargers has been trashed. I still have the four port 1S charger that came with my ancient mSR. Haven't used it in forever, but it was a decent charger to charge four of those little batteries at once. And, although I never used it, it had the option to be run off 4 D cell batteries.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,556 Posts
I butchered my old MSR charger, as it is a good multicell charger. I cut the back end off of it to make it more compact so I could put it in a box with the planes. Runs off 5 nimh cells that can be recharged after an indoor flying session.
By the way, I put the Mini Deans on the Beast and the Mig 15 just to keep things standard

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2