HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2004, 11:42 PM
Syracuse Hancock, New York, United States
Joined Mar 2004
639 Posts
mode, witch one to learn on?

Just wondering what controller mode should I be learning on the FMS. I've heard mode 2 is what it should be, but really I have no idea.I just need to get this all sorted out before my maiden flight, wich will be in june if this weather doesn't start looking better.
furnaceman is offline Find More Posts by furnaceman
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:59 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
I think you should be useing mode2. Radios are easier to buy and sell. Help is easy to get and give because the majority of flyers use mode2. I learned on mode2 and switched to mode1 when flying pattern several years ago. At the time, the top flyers (Hanno Pretner) were on mode1 and so were my flying buddies. I prefer m1 but m1 flyers are few and far between. Most important element is practice. Good luck.
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Mar 22, 2004, 03:41 AM
Dead stick!!
Joined Mar 2002
1,377 Posts
I agree - learn what the locals use most. However if you are thinking of emigrating to Australia I'd suggest Mode 1. Most are on this mode here.
Peter Young is offline Find More Posts by Peter Young
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:52 PM
Syracuse Hancock, New York, United States
Joined Mar 2004
639 Posts
Thanks mode two is what I'm trying to learn on. made the mistake of starting with mode three, but I'm getting the hang of 2 if I can only remember that roll is on right and yaw on left!

Thanks, Bill Adams
furnaceman is offline Find More Posts by furnaceman
Old Mar 22, 2004, 10:50 PM
Dead stick!!
Joined Mar 2002
1,377 Posts
yep - landing in a crosswind is tricky business - last thing you want is to dip a wing instead of yaw.
Peter Young is offline Find More Posts by Peter Young