HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:39 PM
United States, MA, Medfield
Joined Jul 2010
854 Posts
Discussion
Anything about how to fly?

Just about every thread on this forum is on a specific ship; not that there is anything wrong with that. But, is there any where for an intro on 3D flying?

I'm flying a couple sport planes now but will like build a 34" foam 3D plane next. I'd like to learn a little bit about what to do with the sticks.

Like, when you see a video of someone flying in a cycle while doing continuous rolls, they must be doing something with the elevator and/or rudder to both keep the circle and keep the nose up. Explanations on what to do to start learning would be cool.

-l2t
learn2turn is offline Find More Posts by learn2turn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:42 PM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
Watch the Bonedoc videos. Stickies at top of thread.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by learn2turn View Post
Just about every thread on this forum is on a specific ship; not that there is anything wrong with that. But, is there any where for an intro on 3D flying?

I'm flying a couple sport planes now but will like build a 34" foam 3D plane next. I'd like to learn a little bit about what to do with the sticks.

Like, when you see a video of someone flying in a cycle while doing continuous rolls, they must be doing something with the elevator and/or rudder to both keep the circle and keep the nose up. Explanations on what to do to start learning would be cool.

-l2t
yup, rolling circles involve everything. there are two sticky threads at the top of the 3D forum that have links to video instruction...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904349

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792250

...and the best reading resource: R/C Pilot's Guide to Mastering Radio Controlled Flight... http://rcpilotguide.com
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jun 05, 2011, 09:58 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,436 Posts
Yes, those two sources are fantastic. Do them both. There is a lot of great detail in the book that will take you hours to figure out digging through threads, or 3 minutes in the book.
JimTMich is online now Find More Posts by JimTMich
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:57 AM
Shore Huckin'
Ohio
Joined Aug 2010
2,706 Posts
Yes, get the book. It will protect you from years of myth, uninformed opinion and endless spirited dicussions in the threads.
KE Spin is offline Find More Posts by KE Spin