SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2013, 08:32 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
did some detailing of the foredeck on ANZAC yesterday, added the bollards and some hatches..
HeavyCruser9 is offline Find More Posts by HeavyCruser9
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2013, 06:35 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
Well since last time I posted about HMAS ANZAC she has had a couple of test runs with different battery set ups! She now runs a pair of Nimh 7.2v 6.8ah packs in series (14.4v) for a good turn of speed plus good run time and she is not to heavy (despite the 6x 330g Snapper sinkers for ballast!).

I have Scott's HMAS Parramatta alongside her in the shed at the moment so I can copy the fwd mast which I got stuck into building today......here are some build pic's

Cheers Bruce
Old May 18, 2013, 12:12 AM
Australia, WA, Garden Island
Joined Nov 2010
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCruser9 View Post
Well since last time I posted about HMAS ANZAC she has had a couple of test runs with different battery set ups! She now runs a pair of Nimh 7.2v 6.8ah packs in series (14.4v) for a good turn of speed plus good run time and she is not to heavy (despite the 6x 330g Snapper sinkers for ballast!).

I have Scott's HMAS Parramatta alongside her in the shed at the moment so I can copy the fwd mast which I got stuck into building today......here are some build pic's

Cheers Bruce
Actually Parra's bow wave is very similar to the one HMAS Perth produced during full-power GT trials when I was onboard, one large wave near the bow, flattening out amidships and completely flat from there to the stern. Was quite impressive Great pics by the way, that of Parra and California together really show's California's size!
Deckie is offline Find More Posts by Deckie
Old May 18, 2013, 04:40 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
Thx Mate,

It was a bit of a grey primer day......Me and Scott only had our unfinished ships in the water

Bruce
Old May 21, 2013, 10:07 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
Got a bit more of the mast done today while waiting for filler to dry on my Type23 project...
Old May 24, 2013, 07:48 AM
Joined Nov 2010
467 Posts
Is that engine in the background a Holden 5.0 liter V8 by the way?

Last edited by Deckie; May 24, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old May 24, 2013, 07:50 AM
Joined Nov 2010
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyCruser9 View Post
Got a bit more of the mast done today while waiting for filler to dry on my Type23 project...
What tools are you using for that fine work?
Old May 25, 2013, 03:44 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
Just a good hobby knife, steel ruler, some small files(round, flat and a square one) and a mix of CA glue for some bits and regular hobby styrene glue for 90% of the assembly.

Cheers Bruce
Old May 25, 2013, 03:48 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckie View Post
Is that engine in the background a Holden 5.0 liter V8 by the way?

Yup it came out of My housemate's lads VN Calais (its been tweeked a bit so he's hanging on to it) My mate just wants it out of the Shed....LOL

The VT Calais in the background is a 5litre too...but stock except for big exhaust. To the left under the cover (and various boat plans) is my 78' project Chrysler Sigma which I will get back on the road one day.....

Cheers Bruce
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:28 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
Sat down for a number of hours yesterday and did some building of the mast yardarm section, then attached it to the main lattice part. There are still some smaller bits to do but its beginning to look like an ANZAC mast!!

I have noticed some extra bracing in the photos we have of the 1:1scale FFH154... just need to add them.

Cheers Bruce
Old Aug 01, 2013, 08:04 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Dec 2009
2,389 Posts
the mast has gotten a bit taller and have started to add some of the detail bits to it too...