HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:58 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Found a pic of it from Bildo Baggins SEFF post!

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...7-IMG_0027.jpg
Hey what's going on with the landing gear legs??? Looks like some kind of fairing up near the fuselage? Haven't seen that on a PA plane that I recall???
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:27 PM
Where's my orange kool-aid?
Australia, VIC, Boronia
Joined Apr 2010
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing View Post
@xzuberance: yeah, come and drop by. I will be in KL during the first 2 weeks of May as well.
Don't think I'll be making a trip down for at least a year. Have got a newborn at the mo. However, a trip to the mafia "studio" is definitely on my "must visit" list
xzuberance is offline Find More Posts by xzuberance
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:43 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Hey what's going on with the landing gear legs??? Looks like some kind of fairing up near the fuselage? Haven't seen that on a PA plane that I recall???
YEah... the fairings are kind of cool...

Well, I wish I could Give a full flight report my friends, but high winds really kept the flights limited as far as really feeling the plane. I got about 4 or 5 flights on it. It feels great from what I can tell, but when I actually do post a flight report it will be honest and I will lay it all out there. Very light on its feet and the precision parts seemed like it is going to be really great. Again, even too windy to get the cg right.

HArriers, inv harriers, harrier rolling were all as good as anything I've flown, and I know will get better without the wind. Flat spins were pretty cool. Other than that, you guys will have to wait like me.... til I get some calm weather. ANd I am sorry, no teaser video without decent weather.
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:58 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,452 Posts
I do promise though, as soon as I get back to Orlando, I will have the KMX, I will take it to my club and get a video out there!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:25 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
Saw an older gentlemen with greyish hair wearing a PA shirt flying this plane at SEFF. It had a rough landing and I was curious if it was ok and was going to fly during the demos?
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Last edited by Liquidity; Apr 26, 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:50 PM
Pilot Francis 😄
United Kingdom, England, Brighton
Joined Jan 2012
1,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
ANd I am sorry, no teaser video without decent weather.
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
RCPilot1234 is offline Find More Posts by RCPilot1234
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Best of Blackout
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:00 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,452 Posts
I was the only one flying the plane, and I can assure you it had nothing but routine landings and is fine...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:31 PM
It's gone...
Germany, NRW, Heinsberg
Joined Aug 2004
5,111 Posts
Harrier rolls to carrier landings are routine. I'm by no means a great pilot and it was windy, but that landing was hard and I do know what those are because I make them all the time.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:13 PM
PA Team Pilot
Joined Oct 2008
1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OZ_ View Post
Harrier rolls to carrier landings are routine. I'm by no means a great pilot and it was windy, but that landing was hard and I do know what those are because I make them all the time.
Are you guys tattling on me?

Well, it was routine to me... I almost never just fly a 3d plane level on a regular approach and land it. I have done it a thousand times, even a a few harder landing than others, and have never really hurt a plane from so low. You know... I just fly the airplane, then do what feels right...

by the way, what actually happened was the rear wheel fell off in flight, i didn't know it of course. The rear axel hit first and tangled stopping the plane abruptly... but if you were close enough, you would have seen that no one ever even looked under the plane. Chris picked up the plane and no one even looked underneath, so we thought nothing of it. but later, I found the wheel missing. If it was hard, someone would have checked something. what can I say? I get your post by the way.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:47 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,706 Posts
Nuther pic
bildo baggins is online now Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2010
125 Posts
when is this going to be available for sale ? ? ?
thansks
ramoooo is offline Find More Posts by ramoooo
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:07 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
These are neat little fairings arent they?Nothing like a little bling on the plane. Was a good build. I enjoyed helping Chris put it together.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:42 AM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzuberance View Post
Don't think I'll be making a trip down for at least a year. Have got a newborn at the mo. However, a trip to the mafia "studio" is definitely on my "must visit" list
Oh, I know that too well... Our Girl is now 18 months old and I basically took a 1 year "maternity leave" from RC...

Congrats on your new Baby!
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Apr 27, 2012, 02:51 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins View Post
Nuther pic
kewl... Bill you're the man!
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,607 Posts
will this be the same price as the extra mx? Also, would a 4s 4000 Gens Ace work in this application?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM.