HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2014, 01:26 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
I would like to do one of my Mcp-x's and make it bl main. HP05 motor/ extended boom and 7mm tail motor. C05m is to mild, but HP05 sould be the ticket.
Flew the trio again today and forgot how much fun they are.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2014, 03:29 PM
Joined Nov 2013
52 Posts
Hi all, first post on this thread.

I've just placed an order for an mcpx but after looking at the confirmation email it says it's the V1. I didn't think that version would be still available so didn't pay attention when I ordered it.They do have the V2 for a bit more money though.

I'm sure this has been covered loads of times before so apologies but could someone give me a quick summary of the differences and advise which one would be more suited for a beginner?

Normally I would research into it myself but if I need to change my order I don't have much time.

So far I've read that the V2 is the better flyer but the V1 is more upgradable when using brushless motors etc.

This is my first CP heli after flying an msr and msrx for a few a few months so still very much learning. I'll be keeping it as stock so would the V2 be better?

I'd appreciate any help.
MIAM is offline Find More Posts by MIAM
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:05 PM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Mar 2007
533 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I would like to do one of my Mcp-x's and make it bl main. HP05 motor/ extended boom and 7mm tail motor. C05m is to mild, but HP05 sould be the ticket.
Flew the trio again today and forgot how much fun they are.
The co5m is pretty mild but a huge step up from stock. It also allows the use of the normal extended boom and stock tail motor too.

HP05s is great but then you have to upgrade the tail to either BL or the heavy 120sr motor (My option). Also because it spin much faster it breaks more stuff. Hard to bog but not that hard a pitch punch for the save will bog it but the sr120 tail will be there solid as ever. You will be tail heavy with the sr120 tail but the 550 hyperions are a super close match for CG. All up weigh is up but the heli perform just about the same as a MCPX BL in my opinion.....better in most ways.

I compare the performance of the c05m to a nano on steroids. Not a 3d monster by any stretch of the imagination but can flip solidly and holds the tail. It will still bog when pitch is punched. Almost always can pick it up, put it back together and fly if you have a solid tail boom.

All in all if you're not a full on smack down 3Der then the HP05s is a beast. The C05m is a great casual flyer and IMO the best inverted hover trainer.

Oh if you do the HP05 definitely get the lower frame brace from Dylan at Asteroid Designs. The weigh will cause the weakened frame to break pretty easily. Recommended for the C05 also but needed with the HP05.

Arthur
Arthure is online now Find More Posts by Arthure
Old Sep 17, 2014, 09:56 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
I have no desore for 3 D smack down but like power. Thanks for info. I have a Mini c/p with C05m and its pretty nice but no power beast. Flying for over a year on that set-up and doing fine.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:30 PM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
203 Posts
are there kits for the brushless upgrades?

I have the v2, and it is pretty underpowered for even normal flying. Nice simple circuits are smooth enough, but if you need some extra power for any reason, it bogs, and if your battery is old, you end up hitting the ground.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2014
203 Posts
hum, so one of these http://www.overskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=54

and one of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ade_mcpx_.html

and this battery http://www.ebay.com/itm/Latest-Tener...item27d6debcfd

does that do it all?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:41 AM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Mar 2007
533 Posts
That is the motor and esc on my beater. It is a fun combo and with the extended boom flys really nice.
Arthure is online now Find More Posts by Arthure
Old Sep 18, 2014, 09:43 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
The Oversky esc would be unit for me. I bought a bl motor from Club heli and has a bell on end made to fit Mcp-x frame.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 05:25 PM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
353 Posts
Md500e
Name: DSCF2155.JPG
Views: 11
Size: 1.10 MB
Description:

Name: DSCF2156.jpg
Views: 8
Size: 443.6 KB
Description:

Name: DSCF2157.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 977.5 KB
Description:

Name: DSCF2158.JPG
Views: 10
Size: 1.20 MB
Description:

Name: DSCF2160.jpg
Views: 6
Size: 1.22 MB
Description:
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:00 PM
Joined May 2014
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
The Oversky esc would be unit for me. I bought a bl motor from Club heli and has a bell on end made to fit Mcp-x frame.
please do share the link!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:01 PM
Joined May 2014
203 Posts
Nice setup! How does it fly with the extra size body?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:53 PM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
353 Posts
It's a bit heavy, wind really pushes it around. Just slow circuits it's not bad. Really wants to tip over on take off but once it's in the air it's stable. Doesn't look bad in the air but the kit lacks details
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:12 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,673 Posts
I bought a new Mcp-x V1 a couple years ago at RC swap meet. Still taped to box and only one battery for $60.00. anyway heli flew fine and still does. The V2's fly a little nicer but not much. I bought FAI body kit for the V1. Body kit made a slight difference in way it flew and looks fine.
The kit came with extra frame and tail assembly. Tail is longer than stock but shorter than extended boom. Plus skids are different. So body kit deal was pretty good as extra frame/ tail assembly/ skids / body kit. I think mI paid $23.00