HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
This is the sequencer I used http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11258

Tony
bossmanx5 is offline Find More Posts by bossmanx5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:01 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossmanx5 View Post
Programmable. That's a great value. I had 3 of them I pulled from an Hobby Lobby B-25. The were mechanical retracts. Then I purchased on from Nitroplanes that was a replacement for their B-25 that uses servoless retracts. I really that that would solve my problem... It behaved excactly the same as the HL ones did. *Sigh*

If I decided the build the British BaeHawk I'll use your method.

Thanks
DaveBC is offline Find More Posts by DaveBC
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:24 PM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
Here is a video I took of the nose gear operation for whoever would like to see. enjoy!!
CMP T-45 Nose Gear Doors (0 min 56 sec)
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:29 PM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
Good luck if you build the British BAE Hawk version Dave.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
Here is a video I took of the nose gear operation for whoever would like to see. enjoy!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srAhM...youtu.be:cool:
Yep, that looks like a head scratcher too me!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:01 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Kinda Rushed the Repairs

I hurried up the repair because I wan't to fly this plane tommorrw. It is the last day we can fly at our field for a month. Each year the Farm Equipment Show uses our field for parking dure the big ag fest. So, I rushed the repairs. I could have done a better job with more time. But as it is, its not bad.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
I agree. Certainly not the worst repair I've seen. Just a thought about your door sequencer problems. Did you try reversing the input positions? That might make the gear doors open at the same time the gear deploys and give you the delay that you need for the doors on the other end of the cycle.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:05 PM
Obessive Compulsive
Visalia, California
Joined Mar 2010
1,300 Posts
Quote:
I agree. Certainly not the worst repair I've seen. Just a thought about your door sequencer problems. Did you try reversing the input positions? That might make the gear doors open at the same time the gear deploys and give you the delay that you need for the doors on the other end of the cycle.
hehe, I tried every combination this side of sanity.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:11 AM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
Hi guys. I finally installed my power system. I'm running the Alloy Lander fan with 1900KV motor and Turngy 100amp ESC. It draws 2100 Watts at 92Amps on 6s 4000mAh 35-70c. Has anyone had any experience with this power system or similar? Just wondering what to expect. I need to make a test stand so I can measure thrust and efflux velocity next. Any ideas or plans how to do this would be great!

Tony
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Im making a test stand now, in which i built a platform of lightweight ply which the plane rests on, preferably gear up, but can work with gear down if sized appropriately.
there are 2 vertical posts, (I used 1/2 inch dowls) wrapped in rubber neoprene to protect the finish. The plane rests on the platform, witht he wings against the vertical posts.
At the back of the platform beneath it, is a small hook, from which a piece of string is attached (make sure yoru string is strong enough)
To this string, then is tied a 20lb fish scale, the other end of the fish scale, is then tied to either a post on my porch, or a stake in the ground.

For wheels I attached 2 sets of old aluminum landing gear/wheels.

This will let you measure your static thrust installed, pretty simply, just keep in mind there is a slight discrepancy, as this fails to take into account the rolling resistance of your rig, though im not sure how significant that would be.

Once I have it completed, ill post photos.

Matt
Oryon is online now Find More Posts by Oryon
Old Jan 30, 2012, 09:00 AM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
Awesome!! Thanks for the ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Tony
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:20 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryon View Post
Im making a test stand now, in which i built a platform of lightweight ply which the plane rests on, preferably gear up, but can work with gear down if sized appropriately.
there are 2 vertical posts, (I used 1/2 inch dowls) wrapped in rubber neoprene to protect the finish. The plane rests on the platform, witht he wings against the vertical posts.
At the back of the platform beneath it, is a small hook, from which a piece of string is attached (make sure yoru string is strong enough)
To this string, then is tied a 20lb fish scale, the other end of the fish scale, is then tied to either a post on my porch, or a stake in the ground.

For wheels I attached 2 sets of old aluminum landing gear/wheels.

This will let you measure your static thrust installed, pretty simply, just keep in mind there is a slight discrepancy, as this fails to take into account the rolling resistance of your rig, though im not sure how significant that would be.

Once I have it completed, ill post photos.

Matt
The most important thing is to make sure the exhaust thrust line is horizontal ie exactly parallel with the ground or it will be pushing into the ground or trying to lift both of which will seriously reduce your thrust figure.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Mar 2008
268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
The most important thing is to make sure the exhaust thrust line is horizontal ie exactly parallel with the ground or it will be pushing into the ground or trying to lift both of which will seriously reduce your thrust figure.
hmmm.. maybe add an adjustable platform (2nd layer of plywood, with threaded shafts, which could have wing nuts or something similar on them) to adjust the height? then you could level it with the ground...

hmmm.. might have to work something out on that!
Oryon is online now Find More Posts by Oryon
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
USA, NY, Sayville
Joined Oct 2008
46 Posts
All good points and good ideas. I'm going to try to incorporate all of it into 1 design. i like where this is going!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
102 Posts
Ok got my first flight in. Running rclander fan and motor on 10s 109 amps at 4000 watts. Palne weighs. 7lbs 14oz ready to fly. My question is does anyone else have a problem getting this thing off the ground? Have cg at 105mm once in air flys great will do 130mph all day. But i have to yank off ground and wants to tip stall on take off. Tryed off grass and asfault. Same thing ????? Just doesnt want to lift off tried flaps and no flaps and still have to pull it up to get it airborn. Any help would be great. Also running two hyperion 4200 5s packs.
Bpitts is offline Find More Posts by Bpitts