HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2011, 11:32 PM
United States, CO, Avon
Joined Oct 2004
382 Posts
Final touch, just finished configuring my Aurora 9 with low and high rates for the twist, but how about flaps? anyone out there using flaps at all?
ZeekWorld is offline Find More Posts by ZeekWorld
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2011, 07:40 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeker78 View Post
Final touch, just finished configuring my Aurora 9 with low and high rates for the twist, but how about flaps? anyone out there using flaps at all?
I have a mix for elevator to flaps. Up elevator drops flaps. It can help flatten a flat spin.

Don't really need/want more lift. I have used spoiler/reflex on landings to let the plane come in a little more like a "normal" plane.

Pretty much, don't need that stuff.

You may want to look at some of the Twist videos to see how this plane acts at landing if you are not familiar with them.
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:57 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,968 Posts
MT that figures you will be about 1 1/2 hours south from me if you go to the Aerodrome in Rhinebeck. Unfortuneately I just picked up a camper last night we are borrowing and will be heading out to a campsite 3 hours north of me for a our vacation that figures I would have met you there for sure.

Zeeker Flaps are a wonderful thing I have them on about 4 or 5 planes and they work great, just get up high and put them on and slow the plane down so you can see the tendencies it has before you get low. You'll have no problems
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:30 AM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
MT that figures you will be about 1 1/2 hours south from me if you go to the Aerodrome in Rhinebeck. Unfortuneately I just picked up a camper last night we are borrowing and will be heading out to a campsite 3 hours north of me for a our vacation that figures I would have met you there for sure.

Zeeker Flaps are a wonderful thing I have them on about 4 or 5 planes and they work great, just get up high and put them on and slow the plane down so you can see the tendencies it has before you get low. You'll have no problems
trip canceled this weekend.... unexpected guest... will reschedule
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Aug 05, 2011, 12:46 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
@Daniel - PM sent
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Aug 05, 2011, 09:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
I got a new Extra 330SC 57 on order from 3DHS. It calls for HS-225mg. This are a fair price servo, but I am just wondering if anyone know other servos simular in size. I looked at Savox, Power HD, and could not find anything in the 30g and size catagory.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:24 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Wayne are you an Daniel having a twist flyin?
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:28 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,586 Posts
Question?

I was breaking in a 61os 2 stroke today and found that when I take off the glow plug starter the engine stalls, like there is no more spark?

Anyone know why this is?
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:36 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
DOG I've been thinking hard on the Hobbyshop3D 41 inch Edge 540.
I think it would be a great trainer for my MX.
Speaking of which I went flying this evening, I got to the field about 5:30 and a couple other guys joined me.
I flew my MX for 3 10 minute flights and then flew a couple of flights with this buddys scratch build planes
Now the sun was sinking low and I mentioned I'd go up one more time. But when I walked over to the plane, my gut instinct told me to tear her and live to fly another day.
Wouldn't you know it while teariong the plane down I noticed my motor box was cracked and the engine would flex making the crack bigger or smaller. I know if I would of went for another flight it would of ened in disaster.
Now all I need to do it glass an laminate the motor box.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:45 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Question?

I was breaking in a 61os 2 stroke today and found that when I take off the glow plug starter the engine stalls, like there is no more spark?

Anyone know why this is?
super rich low end or your glow plug is bad. Just my opinion. If you have a spare glow plug I'd try that first. Take your plug out and make sure its glowing brightly. If the glow plug checks out start leaning out your LSN until it will idle.

Is transition good with the glow ignitor on?
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:50 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,586 Posts
I was just googleing my problem and I am useing really old fuel I got at a garage sale. I wonder if that is the problem?

will get some new fuel and see what happens.

glow plug is new and came with the engine, I will try a new plug as well

factory set low end nedle valve should not need adjusting from the factory

I thing the ucando 60 and the 61os is not a powerfull enough combo, my ucan do seem like it needed a much larger engine

I can see now why you guys put on a 61 on the 40 sized twist

the 61 seems to have lots of more power than the 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
super rich low end or your glow plug is bad. Just my opinion.
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:54 PM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,586 Posts
I only ran it for a short while because it was spitting out oil out of the muffler for break in but was not burning any or very little smoke.

transition seemed to be not good with glow plug on, but I thought it was because I have lots of fuel going through the engine for break in.

will put the plug and see if it glows as well
thanks for the help

edit it idles good and revs. at top end good, transition poor however

but as soon as igniter plug comes off the engine stops

Quote:
super rich low end or your glow plug is bad. Just my opinion. If you have a spare glow plug I'd try that first. Take your plug out and make sure its glowing brightly. If the glow plug checks out start leaning out your LSN until it will idle.

Is transition good with the glow ignitor on?
Old Aug 05, 2011, 10:56 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50 View Post
DOG I've been thinking hard on the Hobbyshop3D 41 inch Edge 540.
I think it would be a great trainer for my MX.
I have not flown any of the 41 or 42 size, I have flown the 47 inch Extra and I liked it. Size does matter, at least to me. I have a 51 inch AJ slick doing some repairs too, I really like it. The 57 Extra is only 4.5 pounds and the same power system and lipo the E Twist has is more then enough to make it scream. The 57 seems to be a real favorite amoung many people I have talked too.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 05, 2011, 11:08 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,069 Posts
transition poor = rich LSN. I'd give it a good quarter to half turn and see if the transition gets better. If you have too much fuel going through the engine the glow plug won't be able to stay hot.
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 06, 2011, 02:09 AM
BEOWULF
Joined Apr 2008
18,586 Posts
I see, thanks, also the engine is mounted inverted

thanks again for the help

Quote:
transition poor = rich LSN. I'd give it a good quarter to half turn and see if the transition gets better. If you have too much fuel going through the engine the glow plug won't be able to stay hot.