New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gregor99, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2015, 12:07 AM
Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
With the latest firmware there is now a better way to charge 1s cells. There were two new 1s presets added for the PL6 and PL8. These do not require balance leads. Once the new firmware is loaded, select open file to preset on an open slot and select the new 1s presets from the LiPo folder. Post 1 has been updated.
Hey Gregor, was this firmware released recently? I believe I am running 1.10 or something along those lines. I do have the small 1s/2s unbalanced charge preset which I use to charge them via a paraboad and jst adaptor. What Im curious about is how I can setup a small 1s unbalance storage charge where it will charge/discharge to say 3.86

Guess I could copy that small non balance charge preset and just set the limit to 3.86.
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Last edited by Mr.Aaron; Feb 03, 2015 at 12:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2015, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by Gregor99
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
Hey Gregor, was this firmware released recently? I believe I am running 1.10 or something along those lines. I do have the small 1s/2s unbalanced charge preset which I use to charge them via a paraboad and jst adaptor. What Im curious about is how I can setup a small 1s unbalance storage charge where it will charge/discharge to say 3.86

Guess I could copy that small non balance charge preset and just set the limit to 3.86.
The firmware update was released recently. You could use the unbalanced preset and change it use the storage profile. But I would just use the new presets. That what we made them for.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Feb 06, 2015, 12:48 PM
Team Warpsquad
Joined May 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
The firmware update was released recently. You could use the unbalanced preset and change it use the storage profile. But I would just use the new presets. That what we made them for.
Will see about installing the new update, didn't know there was one but will check it out and see the new presets.

*update* I already had 1.10 which it shows as the latest firmware. I did do the update library preset but don't see any 1s/2s unbalanced storage charge/discharge preset.
Last edited by Mr.Aaron; Feb 06, 2015 at 01:18 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2015, 04:03 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,438 Posts
1.11 is the latest firmware. The new presets are not in the regular preset library. Once the new firmware is loaded, select open file to preset on an open slot and select the new 1s presets from the LiPo folder.
Old Feb 06, 2015, 06:53 PM
Team Warpsquad
Joined May 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
1.11 is the latest firmware. The new presets are not in the regular preset library. Once the new firmware is loaded, select open file to preset on an open slot and select the new 1s presets from the LiPo folder.
Finally got 1.11 loaded, had a random popup that said there was a newer version then it downloaded it and got it all installed. Went to the file open and then went to the "generic lipo" folder but don't see a 1s storage charge. I did try and load up the storage charge file attachment in your first post but when I try and load it onto my pl6 I get a duplicate error.

Appreciate all the help greg, this is my first time with updating my charger and setting presets as I usually use the presets it came with. But did download the manual for it to give a read thru.
Old Feb 06, 2015, 09:35 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,438 Posts
Try this:

From the file menu select
1) FMA Default Presets
2) Open file to preset ##
3) The file dialog opens. Click on the Generic LiPo folder.

The new 1s presets are at the top of the list.
Old Feb 07, 2015, 12:18 AM
Team Warpsquad
Joined May 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Try this:

From the file menu select
1) FMA Default Presets
2) Open file to preset ##
3) The file dialog opens. Click on the Generic LiPo folder.

The new 1s presets are at the top of the list.
Hey Gregor,

I did a screenshot of my "generic lipo" folder as I figured that would be best to show you.
Old Feb 07, 2015, 12:25 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,438 Posts
I can't make out the screen. But I take it you are showing me the presets are not in the folder. For this double check that you are using selecting "FMA Default Presets" from the file menu.

If that does not help, search your harddrive for the file:
"LiPo 1s no nodes High Power.PS6"

If you find it, note the path and use that in the CCS when opening the preset.
Old Feb 07, 2015, 04:37 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron View Post
Hey Gregor,

I did a screenshot of my "generic lipo" folder as I figured that would be best to show you.
Did you get the 1s presets working? If not, you can try unistalling the CCS and re-installing it from http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli..._software.html
Old Feb 11, 2015, 06:16 PM
Team Warpsquad
Joined May 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Did you get the 1s presets working? If not, you can try unistalling the CCS and re-installing it from http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli..._software.html
Hey gregor, sorry for the late reply but I managed to get it working. I now have the 1s/2s unbalanced storage that will charge or discharge to storage level which is nice. Thank you again for all the help, this will make it a lot easier to take care of my smaller packs.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by bobbyshafter
Joined Sep 2008
67 Posts
pl6 storage charge

select preset 7 ,all brand storage charge >18min elapse monitoring cell voltage have not change
bobbyshafter is offline Find More Posts by bobbyshafter
Old Apr 24, 2015, 05:40 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,438 Posts
Cell voltage? Charge or discharge mode? Internal or regen discharge? Can perform a discharge with one of the other presets. Also when starting the cycle if you select "monitor", that's all it does, simply report the cell voltages. Useful for checking the voltage of packs is all that is required.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 02:32 PM
Find More Posts by sergiocruz
Joined Mar 2008
1 Posts
Revolutrix MPA

Hello, i need help
I bought the revolotrix charger and the MPA adaptor, but I have a problem, when I connect two batteries 6s the charger detects 7s! I have tried all by many ways. Now I'm trying to change the connection to XH and I find that my charger don't have the option to change it. I have made all correct, but the charger don't have the option to select the connection type.
Thanks
sergiocruz is offline Find More Posts by sergiocruz
Old Jun 29, 2015, 04:00 AM
Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
7,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiocruz View Post
Hello, i need help
I bought the revolotrix charger and the MPA adaptor, but I have a problem, when I connect two batteries 6s the charger detects 7s! I have tried all by many ways. Now I'm trying to change the connection to XH and I find that my charger don't have the option to change it. I have made all correct, but the charger don't have the option to select the connection type.
Thanks
If you have the CCS (Charge Control Software) it is easy. I presume you do not have CCS. I recommend you get the FUIM3 interface and install CCS on your computer. It makes making changes to your charger very easy.

But to make the selection manually do the following:

Press INC and DEC together.
Press INC until Charger Options is displayed.
Press ENTER until Node Connector is displayed.
Press INC until XH/EH Wiring is displayed.
Press and hold Back to exit the Options.

It will pay to explore the rest of the settings available.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1