mistairjoe is offline Find More Posts by mistairjoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2015, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by Gfaltam
United States, SD, Watertown
Joined May 2012
4 Posts
Leopard Motors

Hi does anyone have any experience with the leopard 3700kv, thinking of running it in a Habu 2 with stock fan on 4 cell
Gfaltam is offline Find More Posts by Gfaltam
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:49 PM
Find More Posts by capt soap
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
3,068 Posts
Ive had new foam for 2 months. got about 25 flights on her. I dinged her up on a go around at allmost full throttle, started wing dancing, thought it was approching a stall, so full power until it snapped on me. it was a lvc. came at the wrong time, go around! almost fixed.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 23, 2015, 11:55 PM
Find More Posts by jgalexander
Flying Full Size & Fun Size :)
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Apr 2010
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfaltam View Post
Hi does anyone have any experience with the leopard 3700kv, thinking of running it in a Habu 2 with stock fan on 4 cell
I don't have any experience with that motor, but the stock E-Flite 69mm Delta-V 15 EDF unit works great on 4s with the E-flite BL15 3600kv motor, and as long as the Leopard motor has a 4mm shaft and is rated for up to 55-60A, it should work great on 4s!
Best,
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Ive had new foam for 2 months. got about 25 flights on her. I dinged her up on a go around at allmost full throttle, started wing dancing, thought it was approching a stall, so full power until it snapped on me. it was a lvc. came at the wrong time, go around! almost fixed.
Ain't that a pisser? Wing dancing got me once on takeoff - took me a while to figure out that the underhanded launch was the way to go... Good luck with the repairs.
-Josh
jgalexander is offline Find More Posts by jgalexander
Old Jul 24, 2015, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalexander View Post
Ain't that a pisser? Wing dancing got me once on takeoff - took me a while to figure out that the underhanded launch was the way to go... Good luck with the repairs.
-Josh
+1 underhand is definitely the way to go on hand launches. I actually really like the tail waggle/wing dance. It is a easy to notice warning of an impending stall. Some planes have no visible warning but the Habu is completely predictable. Combined with the ridiculously slow stall speed it's nice to have a warning.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon