HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Aug 2004
757 Posts
I actually had one come loose. The other servo overcame any input the floating servo had. I had to input 25% or so aileron and come in and land with no problems.
jetdryvr is offline Find More Posts by jetdryvr
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:46 PM
Sponsored by Team de la Peña
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdryvr View Post
I actually had one come loose. The other servo overcame any input the floating servo had. I had to input 25% or so aileron and come in and land with no problems.
That's lucky, if you have a chance to figure out what is going on but sometimes at 140MPH things happen so quickly that before you know what's going on it's too late to do anything about it

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:48 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
Sanded, cleaned and glued with 30 min epoxy. I think it will stick there until I crash

Another question, maiden, should I use the stock mixing or just let it be and only use the flaperon during landing? Actually I'm not sure what the stock mixing does, sharper corners?

Any other good advices for a maiden is welcome. As I'm only running a 2s setup with a HET 4700kv with a 4.75x4.75 I should WOT and throw it away?

Thanks for all input!

/Håkan
hakank is offline Find More Posts by hakank
Old Jul 31, 2012, 05:58 AM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,236 Posts
I wouldnt bother with throttle-reflex or snapflap mixing for the maiden.

Yeh, full throttle with your setup, slightly nose up, and a firm but smooth throw and itll get away no problem.

Have fun
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Aug 18, 2012, 01:32 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
It's close to maiden now :-) A tip for those who happen to set the Voodoo up and are located in EU . I found, purchased and tried this ESC: http://shop.lindinger.at/product_inf...ducts_id=94419
Of course it can be bought from elsewhere but I'm unsure about the shipping cost. It squeeze in above the acc and can be pushed next to the motor and don't get in the way for the servos. I was running it for 5-10 sec's at 55A at it didn't complain. I believe that will be the max burst I will be able to do in the air. That price is a steal actually.
/Håkan
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
218 Posts
I've ordered a couple of voodoo low wing sport pylon racers. But I think you gents are talking about the high wing racer. Would i be correct in assuming this??.
In any case, does anyone have the low wing?, or is there another thread devoted to it?. I know one thing, I'm looking forward to getting one in the air.
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:15 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
I believe you are referring to: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1359807 which goes under several names and confuses not only you but at one time confused me as well

/Håkan
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
I believe you are referring to: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1359807 which goes under several names and confuses not only you but at one time confused me as well

/Håkan
Thanks mate, I owe you a beer.
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:09 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
Finally maiden. I got two flights between 2 showers today. She is surely a good flyer! No issues at all at launching. A little bit nervous at low speeds. This was one of the very few (not sure if it has happened before) planes I didn't have to click one single click from desktop trimming onto airborne. Given it size, 2 cells 1800mAh and a HET 2W 4.75x4.75 was enough for me. I only managed to have WOT for 3 sec. maximum (in any direction) before It went almost out of sight. To be continued..
/Håkan
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:21 PM
voodoo magic maaan
United Kingdom, England, Merton
Joined Jan 2011
339 Posts
nice one hakank - you have got me back in the voodoo mood
I havent flown mine in ages... Its not in the best shape so I will be buying a black and orange one...
anyone know where they are available in Europe? Hollein seems to be out of stock
lukeydukey10 is offline Find More Posts by lukeydukey10
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:16 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Finally maiden. I got two flights between 2 showers today. She is surely a good flyer! No issues at all at launching. A little bit nervous at low speeds. This was one of the very few (not sure if it has happened before) planes I didn't have to click one single click from desktop trimming onto airborne. Given it size, 2 cells 1800mAh and a HET 2W 4.75x4.75 was enough for me. I only managed to have WOT for 3 sec. maximum (in any direction) before It went almost out of sight. To be continued..
/Håkan
VERY,VERY COOL ...and that is the great part of the VooDoo,if you did your job,it will fly perfect with NO TRIM needed ....and yes,it will get small fast,but in time,you will kick it's butt.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:17 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,814 Posts
MINE IS FOR SALE if anybody wants a RTF VooDoo....just send me a PM....One of these days i will put an add in the classifieds.
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeydukey10 View Post
nice one hakank - you have got me back in the voodoo mood
I havent flown mine in ages... Its not in the best shape so I will be buying a black and orange one...
anyone know where they are available in Europe? Hollein seems to be out of stock
When I ordered mine from Hollein I first checked with Miro Urban who seems to be the guy building them. (He took the same price as Hollein btw) He said 4 weeks for delivery. Hollein said 4-6 weeks. So it looks like they are built on demand.

/Håkan
Old Aug 27, 2012, 01:04 PM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
MINE IS FOR SALE if anybody wants a RTF VooDoo....just send me a PM....One of these days i will put an add in the classifieds.
If I hadn't one already and shipping wouldn't have been an issue I had bought yours yesterday

/Håkan
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,538 Posts
Flew mine this weekend- it is amazing how far it travels on spektrum lock out. It recovered and I pulled out of it safely and landed. Just purchased a Futaba Fast module last night- save the spektrum junk for my slope junk.

I have a Neu motor 1105/2.5Y/3.2- Is the 4.1x4.1 prop the best one for this motor on a 2100 3 cell?

doug
dougmontgomery is offline Find More Posts by dougmontgomery