HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2014, 02:07 AM
Joined Mar 2013
116 Posts
Discussion
Rc canal boat

Hey guys so that time has come again to start building boats i took time out after the last build and built several planes but after losing and crashing a few I've decided enough is enough back to the boat builds.

Ive decided to start building a canal boat for years I've always been interested in canal boats and vision one day living on one, but for now i think a small scale will do.

I've got a few ideas rolling around in my head on plans but has anyone else built a canal boat before and has any pics of there construction of the hull or even any plans? theres not much on the net at all?

many thanks liam
liammedwards is offline Find More Posts by liammedwards
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2014, 04:03 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
2,890 Posts
Did a google for "model canal boat" and this was at the top of the list ( About 1,350,000 results (0.34 seconds) )- http://www.riversidemodels.co.uk/
Better be quick, though, the guy is about to retire.
Canal boats vary according to where the canal is located, my google tends to center on the UK.
At 1:12, a 48 foot boat just sits nicely across the rear footwell of a Renault Scenic.
mfr02 is offline Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Aug 17, 2014, 11:33 PM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,160 Posts
I did recently contact Riverside Models to purchase one of their canal boat hulls, but was told they no longer shipped the the states . Orion Mouldings also makes a couple of 1/12th scale canal boat hulls.

Mark
the goon is online now Find More Posts by the goon
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:15 AM
Joined Mar 2013
116 Posts
Thanks for the message guys I've flicked through riverside models and various other pics etc I've decided to draw up my own plans and make the hull entirely from plywood will post pics in a new thread of my construction as it happens
liammedwards is offline Find More Posts by liammedwards
Old Aug 18, 2014, 01:14 PM
boat butcher
Whittier CA.
Joined Oct 2009
1,160 Posts
Cool .

Mark
the goon is online now Find More Posts by the goon