Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 15, 2013, 07:39 AM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
201 Posts
Rant
Nitro planes shipping

Any one else think that Nitro planes shipping is much too high? I was going to order a Corsair and the shipping would have been $45! I have heard they never give a break on shipping. I will order from some place else like Banana or tower. These guys know how to treat people.
kidagain is offline Find More Posts by kidagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2013, 09:34 AM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,260 Posts
Ok... Obviously you haven't researched about Banana. Lol

NitroPlanes does have shipping deals but you have to wait for them. I have had a few planes shipped for free during the holidays.

Tower also has deals everyone in a while but their major benefit is that they do actually care about the customer. Tower is generally more expensive but only because their stuff actually works
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:19 AM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,510 Posts
TANSTAAFL.

If you are going to sell models at rock bottom prices, you are not going to be inclined to cut deals on shipping much of the time.

I do find it interesting that the super discounters like NP and BH and HK USA tend to charge retail over the counter shipping rates, or even more. I am of the opinion that they actually do get volume shipping discounts and use the difference in cost to improve their bottom line, offset the costs of the folks picking and packing and shipping the orders and such.

Nothing wrong with that. It is up to the intelligent consumer to evaluate the total cost of a purchase and decide what it is worth to them.

HK USA warehouse regularly charges more than over the counter retail shipping.

As they give the size and weight of the parcel, it is easy to calculate what it would cost you to walk into a Post Office in Tacoma, WA and pay to have the model shipped to your home address.

In one case, I could have walked in and shipped the model via parcel post for about 25 bucks. HK USA wanted more than 40 bucks to ship the model the same way. Sometimes the numbers match and the shipping is the same as the over the counter rate you would pay. Pretty hit or miss.

Sometimes, the numbers do work out that a model is cheaper overall from the USA warehouse and sometimes it is cheaper overall from the HK warehouse.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:29 AM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
201 Posts
thanks guys

I guess Tom B puts it in perspective I was just shocked. Thanks
Fastback, I have dealt with Tower for years off and on and I agree that they are the best around. Customer service is the best. I will buy their Tower Hobbies F4U Corsair Brushless Rx-R 39". As far as BH I have purchased from the 2x and did not have a problem but I did not have to deal with their customer service. Is it bad?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 02:54 PM
miniture aircraft pilot
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2007
1,331 Posts
what really chaps me about their shipping...
you order sunday .. So it should ship Monday.. so I get it by the end of the week.. NOPE.. they drag a*& and it ships tue... now don't get it till next week.

After seeing their warehouse in their "unboxing videos" which look like someone's play room.. I am losing my confidence in them being a business , not a garage online store.
rcshirt is offline Find More Posts by rcshirt
Old Sep 16, 2013, 06:19 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
201 Posts
Thanks. I just saw that also. I got a kick out of the ladder leaning against the rack. It does not look like a business. You say you are loosing confidence. I have already lost it. It really does take a long time to get anything and their customer service is poor'if you can get a hold of them.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 06:36 PM
Fly, Charge, Crash, repeat
United States, CA, Rosamond
Joined Mar 2013
24 Posts
I live just 1 hour driving time away from their warehouse and they charged $20!!
chief0526 is offline Find More Posts by chief0526
Old Sep 16, 2013, 06:41 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,260 Posts
I live about 50 miles from NP and every box I get from them looks like it was used as the parking chock for their trucks.

Last plane I got had a few busted bulkheads that are a easy fix but don't think I will order anymore from them.
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Sep 17, 2013, 07:24 PM
Fly, Charge, Crash, repeat
United States, CA, Rosamond
Joined Mar 2013
24 Posts
in unboxing vids it looks like a big rc hangar, no organization and a BIG RC COSTCO
chief0526 is offline Find More Posts by chief0526
Closed Thread