Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 29, 2014, 08:17 PM
flying ninja!
Joined Jun 2011
873 Posts
Dram, Is that a long zip tie strip around the windshield?
ican3d is offline Find More Posts by ican3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2014, 02:31 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d View Post
Dram, Is that a long zip tie strip around the windshield?
Hi Ican, Yes it is a zip tie glued on to prop the screen up . I had to make a new screen from a drinks bottle but it needed that extra support.
The poor old girl's almost beyond repair now , I'm looking for the best price replacement at the moment.
Miss my Drifter
drambuidhe is online now Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Old Aug 11, 2014, 01:21 AM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Hello all. I've been following this thread for a while and finally made an account on here. Also jumped the gun and ordered the Drifter. Just wondering, how balanced is the stock prop? I'm worried about straining the stock motor as I'm planning to run it on the 3s battery that came with the RTF Bixler 2.
Thanks!
FruityFlight is offline Find More Posts by FruityFlight
Old Aug 11, 2014, 07:32 PM
flying ninja!
Joined Jun 2011
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityFlight View Post
Hello all. I've been following this thread for a while and finally made an account on here. Also jumped the gun and ordered the Drifter. Just wondering, how balanced is the stock prop? I'm worried about straining the stock motor as I'm planning to run it on the 3s battery that came with the RTF Bixler 2.
Thanks!
Welcome FruityFlight,
The stock props works well on stock motor, been flying it till this day without a problem. Its not perfectly balance but a quick dab of thin sticky tape will fix the balance issues per-blade and eliminate video wobble. Best lipo will be 2200mah 3s 25c pack (just dont pull the throttle beyond 85% stick to avoid smokin the motor). Make sure you remove anchor weight metal lugs embedded inside the cockpit front nose cone.
Oh btw immediately ditch the stock ESC. Replace it will reliable 20A ESC.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 09:52 PM
Joined Aug 2014
2 Posts
Thanks for the advise ican3d. I did also order the Hobbyking blue 20A ESC so I hope that's a solid ESC replacement. First I just plan on flying it without any FPV equipment on board. Breaking the plane in first.
For FPV I plan on using the Arkbird OSD with the Boscam 200mw vTx and the circularly polarized antenna. I noticed that you use a separate BEC to power the Arkbird. Is that BEC tapped from the main flight pack or do you recommend a second battery to power the avionics so to speak? I have a castle creation 10A BEC that I plan on using if that's the case. Thanks for all for your help!
FruityFlight is offline Find More Posts by FruityFlight
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:22 AM
flying ninja!
Joined Jun 2011
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruityFlight View Post
Thanks for the advise ican3d. I did also order the Hobbyking blue 20A ESC so I hope that's a solid ESC replacement. First I just plan on flying it without any FPV equipment on board. Breaking the plane in first.
For FPV I plan on using the Arkbird OSD with the Boscam 200mw vTx and the circularly polarized antenna. I noticed that you use a separate BEC to power the Arkbird. Is that BEC tapped from the main flight pack or do you recommend a second battery to power the avionics so to speak? I have a castle creation 10A BEC that I plan on using if that's the case. Thanks for all for your help!

Yes i use separate BEC (5A/5V) mini size (HK-UBEC Pro) tapped from the main flight pack. I don't recomend second battery because of following issues:

1. Weight
2. "Ground Loop" current.

Just make sure your BEC doesn't emitted high RF emission. I had experience with Turnigy SBEC known to capped half my radio range sensitivity.