Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Multiplex Sonic Liner clone?
I'd strongly consider buying one 76 54.68%
I would possibly consider buying one 31 22.30%
no interest 29 20.86%
other thoughts- explain in your post 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:04 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raido56 View Post
Yes .
1) Toyota Corolla (Japan)
1966-Present
Est. Sales-to-Date: 32 million units

2) Ford F-Series (USA)
1948-Present
Est. Sales-to-Date: 30.0 million units

Keep em flying
raido56/ Herb
Again, I was not referring to total production figures, but recent/current car sales figures.

The Ford F-series was best selling car in the USA in 2011 and probably will come out on top in 2012 as well:

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2012/...lverado-solid/

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:59 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Again, I was not referring to total production figures, but recent/current car sales figures.

The Ford F-series was best selling car in the USA in 2011 and probably will come out on top in 2012 as well:

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2012/...lverado-solid/

Jürgen
As has been pointed out to you more than once the Ford F-150 is a pick-up TRUCK not a car...your fixation with accuracy seems somewhat subjective...
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:06 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
As has been pointed out to you more than once the Ford F-150 is a pick-up TRUCK not a car...your fixation with accuracy seems somewhat subjective...

Just so you know, a definition of 'car' is a vehicle that moves on wheels.

Truck, SUV, Elevator, Carriage, Wagon ... all cars.
Lou is offline Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:49 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
3d model is ready.
Please, let me offer this suggestion as a possible way to get Sonic Liner created.

http://www.kamodels.com/

Perhaps speak with them about wholesale production costs. Of course the plane will be fiberglass and not foam. I would imagine they would want a minimal quanity run. Plane could be sold as airframe only and modeler would use their own components. Obviously this would limit the market to the more advanced modeler.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:55 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake View Post

Per Merriam-websters ,Truck is defined as any HEAVY vehicle purposely designed to carry loads and/ or pull trailers.

Could you please indicate which of these vehicles defined also by websters as cars is a "truck" please...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:03 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:

Well, some manufacturers want you to believe, that a truck is something different from a car ... to get away with higher consumption and pollution figures. :

http://blog.ucsusa.org/what-makes-a-...-fuel-economy/

Jürgen
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:19 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Well, some manufacturers want you to believe, that a truck is something different from a car ... to get away with higher consumption and pollution figures. :

http://blog.ucsusa.org/what-makes-a-...-fuel-economy/

Jürgen
...and then there are those that partially peel back the roof of an existing station wagon and try to convince you the "new vehicle" created is a truck...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:23 AM
Lou
Joined Dec 2005
5,450 Posts
Quote:
Per Merriam-websters ,Truck is defined as any HEAVY vehicle purposely designed to carry loads and/ or pull trailers.

Could you please indicate which of these vehicles defined also by websters as cars is a "truck" please...
Merriam-Websters says this about definition of 'car' ..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/car

When I go to a used car lot I see not only 4-door and 2-door cars, I also see a vehicle there that has a truck chassis or body. Regardless, the vehicle/automobile is still a car.

More importantly and to stay on topic, I would be interested in seeing photos of your 3 Sonic Liners and how you optioned them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:25 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Please, let me offer this suggestion as a possible way to get Sonic Liner created.

http://www.kamodels.com/

Perhaps speak with them about wholesale production costs. Of course the plane will be fiberglass and not foam. I would imagine they would want a minimal quanity run. Plane could be sold as airframe only and modeler would use their own components. Obviously this would limit the market to the more advanced modeler.
Though modeling the SL in fiberglass evoks some interesting possibilities ,I suspect most SL purists would prefer the original foamy version.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:34 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Allright. I suppose you wouldn't settle for a profile build so it'll take me some time to make an accurate 3d build. Once i'm done i will post results in the appropriate forum (scratchbuilt) and backlink here.
Already been done...

link to profile plan version...http:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=sonic+cruiser
Last edited by daddiozz; Dec 09, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:04 PM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Merriam-Websters says this about definition of 'car' ..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/car

When I go to a used car lot I see not only 4-door and 2-door cars, I also see a vehicle there that has a truck chassis or body. Regardless, the vehicle/automobile is still a car.

More importantly and to stay on topic, I would be interested in seeing photos of your 3 Sonic Liners and how you optioned them.
well..we can argue the semantics of car versus trucks down in the basement if you like (LTUP )..as far as sonic liner pics ,they're already here .
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:05 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
if you have any poo fling it now (0 min 6 sec)
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:45 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,930 Posts
Quote:
daddiozz,
Of course you are correct... but also remember that English is not their "mother language" so we should cut them some slack. They want to have it both ways- lecture us on the definition of English words yet be excused for seeming rude since they lack comprehension for the nuance of the English language.

I was reported once for referring to this behavior as trolling so I won't call it that again but you're all free to call it whatever you like.

Regardless, the whole point of their argument was that the plane was too big for the cars in other countries but here in the USA we have bigger "cars"...which is actually supports trying to sell them in other markets.

I have an old Jeep Cherokee as a primary vehicle these days...plenty of space for a Sonic Liner. My previous (and dearly missed) daily driver was a Mazda MX-5 Miata...but I would have found a way to get the Sonic into that one too.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:00 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,105 Posts
My daily driver (at work/similar to)for a few years...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:05 AM
Joined Sep 2000
18,758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
daddiozz,
Of course you are correct... but also remember that English is not their "mother language" so we should cut them some slack. They want to have it both ways- lecture us on the definition of English words yet be excused for seeming rude since they lack comprehension for the nuance of the English language.
Well, if it was about English language, we would not have this discussion, because in England we have cars and lorries and a pickup truck would not pass as a lorry.

Only in the USA there seems to exist "magic tricks" to turn ordinary cars into trucks, by adding 4-wheel drive or even turning sub-compact cars into trucks :

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/m...-a-%22truck%22

Jürgen

P.S.: Jeep Cherokee - car or truck?
Last edited by Jurgen Heilig; Dec 11, 2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: picture added