HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
I prefer the old FF6 and I would say this ugly radio lacks SUB-TRIMS and other functions like the 6EX..
I only would get this radio for the simulator nothing else.. it's a joke that screen for 2011, save your money. OMG
Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:42 AM
Oak Ridge, NC
Joined Jun 2006
1,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
I prefer the old FF6 and I would say this ugly radio lacks SUB-TRIMS and other functions like the 6EX..
I only would get this radio for the simulator nothing else.. it's a joke that screen for 2011, save your money. OMG
This radio has sub trims...
CSpaced is offline Find More Posts by CSpaced
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:30 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarro View Post
You might have to recheck the feature list of this radio.

The screen is not the best, but for $150.00 shipped (Rx included) it's cheaper than the DX6i transmitter alone.
The case design looks way better than the Optic 6. Hitec really need to redesign their ancient 6 channel radio system (works well but too ugly).

Vien
vienquach is offline Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:53 PM
Suspended Account
M$ Security
Joined Jun 2010
728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vienquach View Post
Hitec really need to redesign their ancient 6 channel radio system (works well but too ugly).
I agree
dont know who is the designer, but the newest radio from Hitec is a retro Eclipse 7 of the 90's.. W.T.F ?
their HV/HQ servos broke often and are worse than some cheap servos that you can get from HK...

Mikarro is offline Find More Posts by Mikarro
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:19 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
669 Posts
•4-character model naming

Come on Futaba, that's ridiculous!
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:25 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,996 Posts
4 characters still give you more than 1000 choices assume you could recognize them.

Vien
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:33 AM
Dave Segal
Philadelphia PA USA
Joined Jun 2001
545 Posts
Since the review does not put this system into any kind of context I have done my own research. It is intended as a budget alternative to the FASST systems.
Dsegal is offline Find More Posts by Dsegal
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:53 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,435 Posts
Exactly, to try stop people buying 9x...
And the two systems does not share the protocol and receivers, so when you will upgrade you must buy again new receivers !
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:09 PM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
It's important to note that this radio is not compatible with FAAST, although rumour has it that Futaba's upcoming flagship, the 18MZ, will be compatible with all of Futaba's 2.4GHz technologies (possible upgrade path?).
So I have to buy a $3,000 R/C radio to be compatible with their technology:
That SUCK Futaba
tune by tito is offline Find More Posts by tune by tito
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:11 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Exactly, to try stop people buying 9x...
And the two systems does not share the protocol and receivers, so when you will upgrade you must buy again new receivers !
I recall that FASSTEST transmitter will be able to run in FHSS mode and use these FHSS receivers. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Vien
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tune by tito View Post
So I have to buy a $3,000 R/C radio to be compatible with their technology:
That SUCK Futaba
Probably the 18MZ is not the only one that could use both FASSTEST and FHSS. Dont be too upset. Wait and see.

Vien
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:22 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
when you will upgrade you must buy again new receivers !
Maybe buying higher end transmitter that could run both FASSTEST and FHSS, not receivers.
The 6J will work just fine for 90% of us unless someones fly big jets or giant scale planes (35% - 60%), and most of them dont care about the 6J.

Vien
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:45 PM
Inventor&Genius Extraordinary
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined May 2006
491 Posts
Quote:
Probably the 18MZ is not the only one that could use both FASSTEST and FHSS. Dont be too upset. Wait and see.

Vien
Do you work for futaba????????????????????????????????
are you trying to do damage control!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not buying a futaba radio never again.

I do have a 9C used very nice radio, also I do have T6EXAP this radio suck, should trade it for a Optic 6.

Futaba should emulate the feactures and look of the 9C which have been the most popular radio in R/C. also I do not think that a more costly radio or cheaper need to have more or less features software wise, if you use the same IC computers you will save money including all the feactures in you most economical radio as you more costly. Take a look at the Hitec Aurora 9 is a complete emulation of the futaba 9C with more feactures at an very economical price also more ergonomically to use.

Like I said:
I'm not buying a futaba radio never again.
tune by tito is offline Find More Posts by tune by tito
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:52 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,435 Posts
Quote:
Maybe buying higher end transmitter that could run both FASSTEST and FHSS, not receivers.
The 6J will work just fine for 90% of us unless someones fly big jets or giant scale planes (35% - 60%), and most of them dont care about the 6J.

Vien
No need for jet or scale.
Try to fly a full scale glider with flaps or an acrobat with splitter elevator with T6.
They both need 6 channel only, but real channels, not crippled to not affect sales of big brothers.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:54 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,996 Posts
_Futaba 10C is the answer for 9C replacement, IMO. I've used it several times.
_There's not much relation between the 9C and the Aurora 9. I have been using it for more than 1 year.
_I agree with you that the Optic 6 is better than the EXAP (I have several of these), but needs to be redesigned --> too ugly.
_Your money, buy what you want as long as you're happy.
_I dont work for Futaba. I am an aero guy and has nothing to do with Futaba.

Vien