Closed Thread
Old May 03, 2010, 10:36 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Oconomowoc Wi
Joined Mar 2008
1,311 Posts
Alert
Sale at Skips!

Looks like he is unloading his RCRCM planes, VECTOR III's $425.
davonat is offline Find More Posts by davonat
Last edited by davonat; May 03, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2010, 12:00 AM
Santa Barbara, CA
Joined Feb 2004
2,968 Posts
Wow, all his RCRCM ships are on sale!

I guess this lends more cred to the talk about distribution moving to SUSA. Wonder how the pricing is going to hold up.

Lance
hydrogin is offline Find More Posts by hydrogin
Old May 04, 2010, 12:05 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,086 Posts
They've been at this price for a while now, fwiw

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2010, 12:16 AM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,015 Posts
Called last week and they have none in stock.

LP
Slope P is offline Find More Posts by Slope P
Old May 04, 2010, 12:39 AM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,000 Posts
Looks like Soaring USA picked up the RCRCM line too.
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Old May 04, 2010, 02:18 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,380 Posts
Rather, they took it away from Skip.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2010, 08:53 AM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,189 Posts
Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Rather, they took it away from Skip.

ian
Sorry to hear that.
However do not paint Bob @ SUSA as the bad guy in this exchange.
If you wish to sling the poop sling it at RCRCM.
I like both Skip and Bob I hope this change of vendors by RCRCM does not put a strain on their relationship.
Not the first time a manufacturer has changed vendors I suspect it will not be the last.

Alan
Who does not have a plane from either vendor at this time. But the day is young and I have not bought a plane all day
Terminator is online now Find More Posts by Terminator
Old May 04, 2010, 10:02 AM
Hambone the Impaler
Taiwan
Joined Nov 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Sorry to hear that.
However do not paint Bob @ SUSA as the bad guy in this exchange.
If you wish to sling the poop sling it at RCRCM.
I like both Skip and Bob I hope this change of vendors by RCRCM does not put a strain on their relationship.
Not the first time a manufacturer has changed vendors I suspect it will not be the last.

Alan
Who does not have a plane from either vendor at this time. But the day is young and I have not bought a plane all day
Hi Alan and all of you Guys who are wondering what is going on.

Well here it is:
Yes its' true that SUSA will take over RCRCM distributorship in the USA, but in fact no poop needs to be slung by anyone, or at anyone.

We have always had a good relationship with SMM and I hope that it will continue regardless of any influence.

As sometimes happens in business, a relationship that originally made a good fit with one set of circumstances no longer suited the emerging situation. So, reluctantly but I hope with good grace, changes were made.

Personally I fervently hope we can keep our good relationship with our friends at SMM while we move forward with the team at SUSA.

In any case I hope most that we can keep supplying you, the discerning flyers with good planes through our partners without regard to any other consideration at all.

Cheers,

James.
Hambonetw is offline Find More Posts by Hambonetw
Old May 04, 2010, 12:23 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,919 Posts
I'm so relieved that poop isn't going to be thrown, so there'll be no need to ask "Hoo flung dung?"..
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old May 04, 2010, 12:37 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,380 Posts
With "good grace" is not at all the impression I got, but I'm only an interested observer,
and maybe something changed in the last week that I'm unaware of.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2010, 02:26 PM
United States, KS, Hays
Joined Jan 2007
94 Posts
Skip and his team has stood by every deal i made with them.Went out of there way more then once. I hate to chance that on some of the outhers.Time will tell. Thanks Skip and crew.
windsinface is offline Find More Posts by windsinface
Last edited by windsinface; May 04, 2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old May 04, 2010, 03:43 PM
Impatience is a virtue
Denver, Colorado
Joined Nov 2008
676 Posts
I received an e-mail from Linda at RCRCM stating that SMM can purchase kits from SUSA for resale to SMM customers.

So let me get this straight. After developing the brand in the US, SMM can no longer buy direct from RCRCM (with friends like these...). However, they can buy kits from SUSA (presumably at a premium as SUSA would need to be compensated for bringing the kits into the US). SMM then would have the choice of accepting a lower margin in order to have competitive prices with SUSA or could charge a higher price to its customers in order to maintain margins. Sounds like a really good deal

Seems to me that SMM got screwed and that some serious poop slinging is absolutely deserved.
MCH27t is offline Find More Posts by MCH27t
Old May 04, 2010, 04:02 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,919 Posts
C'mon guys, is it fair to start bad-mouthing on the basis of assumptions only? I'm all for slinging stinky stuff where it's due, but on the basis of facts.
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old May 04, 2010, 04:39 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Oconomowoc Wi
Joined Mar 2008
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post
C'mon guys, is it fair to start bad-mouthing on the basis of assumptions only? I'm all for slinging stinky stuff where it's due, but on the basis of facts.
Here, Here to that!!!! Us consumers should only be glad we can still get the planes! Both Vendors have been top notch for me. What happened will never truely be known except by the top people.... lets just leave it at that.
I live in Wisconsin.... So I am a packer fan. No 1 here knows the real story behind Brett Favre & the management. Who is the traitor.. Brett? or the head office? All I know is it sucked to have Minnisota kick our butts twice last year by our Q.B. ! But hey.. life goes on... Support who's got the ball now. Im not going to stop watchin football. Davo
davonat is offline Find More Posts by davonat
Old May 04, 2010, 05:36 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,380 Posts
Ya, what possible influence could we, the consumers, have? Definitely best
to just stick our heads in the sand and hope for the best.

ian
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread