Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Happy New Yeartill all of you!
Im a Spektrum DX9 owner.

I struggled for 2 nights with with my Hype's supplied sequenser for throttle and raising the motor gondle before motor starts spinning.
Now I have AUX 2 on a 3 point switch 1 folded gondol in fuse, 0 80% raised to have prop stopped by prop stop, 2 gondole fully up ready to spin prop with trh. The disavantage is obvious, prop can be run at any time.

Is it possible to have TRHstick raise gondole on AUX 2 mixed to Trh and when Throttle is in midposition activate motor and reverse? Throttle stick acting as turnknob for gondole up til midportion.

My other struggle is to activate 2 different Aux sounds on the same channel (already used al others on my DX9arg)
A 3 position knob and channel is free but can only activate both sounds at the same time. If there is a slight difference in signal voltage to activate each Aux port, lets say 1.5 mv for one and 1.7 mv for the other, can a sequence or a mix via a 2 way micro switch giving these values on the switches be used?

This has been giving me problems for some time now and I hope for helpful advice here.

Cheers Lasse
You don't need the supplied sequencer with a Tx like the DX9, so take it out.

Lots of info about the RMS here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1961395&page=2
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2014, 05:38 PM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
A little late, but I've got one coming.

Just saw this model in an email offer from Tower a week back and thought it looked pretty interesting at only about $115 plus around $10 shipping, but I resisted. Then I got another email offering $10 off on anything over about $100. That would have made it about $115 including the $10 shipping, but I still resisted, I already have way too many planes. But then I got another email offering free shipping as well. Resistance is futile said the Borg. Couldn't pass up $105 total. It should be here Next Tuesday. I just need to keep in mind it is an easy going flyer and the wings will break if it is treated too roughly - according to an earlier thread that has been dormant for the last 2.5 years. Now, to pop some popcorn and start this thread...

Regards,
Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Mar 28, 2014, 09:13 PM
Joined Mar 2009
2,412 Posts
Good luck with your DG-1000. I would suggest a separate BEC. Maybe a Castle 5AMP BEC.

When we went to bring in my sons' DG 1000 for landing (after he flew it around) motor extension system jammed when I went to retract it for landing. I thought retracting pod would prevent damage if it nosed over in the long grass.
Unfortunately, it dove in at that point with all controls frozen. Total airframe damage.

As motor pod was being retracted it apparently jammed, against doors, with servo overloading the BEC.
I think a separate high quality, separate BEC would have still given me power to control surfaces for a safe landing.
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; Mar 29, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 12:40 AM
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
Good luck with your DG-1000. I would suggest a separate BEC. Maybe a Castle 5AMP BEC.

When we went to bring in my sons' DG 1000 for landing (after he flew it around) motor extension system jammed when I went to retract it for landing. I thought retracting pod would prevent damage if it nosed over in the long grass.
Unfortunately, it dove in at that point with all controls frozen. Total airframe damage.

As motor pod was being retracted it apparently jammed, against doors, with servo overloading the BEC.
I think a separate high quality, separate BEC would have still given me power to control surfaces for a safe landing.
I saw your video and your son flew it quite well! A shame such a nice flight had to end so unfortunately. I have some Hobby King separate BECs which I have used in a Funcub with 6 servos with no problem at all. I might put one in the DG-1000 to power only the RMS servo and leave the other servos on the ESC's BEC. That way if it were to jam, it still could not effect the flight controls or the receiver. Thanks, for mentioning that problem! I had not thought of separating the servo's power supplies until just now.

Regards,
Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks
Old Mar 31, 2014, 06:54 PM
Just a whisper in the wind
United States, OH, Chillicothe
Joined Jul 2012
311 Posts
This plane is awesome, I did some more flying today over the corn field. Its thermals galor. But I keep pulling it in at 18min of flight when the voltage gets to 3.8v. I'm using a 1500mah bat with spectrum RX and dx9. This plane has became one of my favorites to fly also the paint job helps so much taking off and flying towards clouds.
Birds of Prey is offline Find More Posts by Birds of Prey
Old Apr 13, 2014, 05:14 PM
United States, NC, Morrisville
Joined May 2013
325 Posts
Well after several months since the build I got around to maidening her today.

Except for the fact that is is a bit slow out of the hand it really flew well. With the CG at the spar box and a bit nose heavy it flew with out any trims or adjustments from the original setup. Hands off straight and level. Even found a bit of lift.

All and all happy with this plane.
VPChianese is online now Find More Posts by VPChianese
Last edited by VPChianese; Apr 13, 2014 at 07:04 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:52 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
Use futaba 7c mode 2

Hello
I bought this model with RTF control mode 1.
I want to use my futaba 7c mode 2 but I cannot configure the mix between channel 3 and RMS.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you.
rfsk is offline Find More Posts by rfsk
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:54 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,935 Posts
Search through the thread, this has already been covered more than once.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Jul 04, 2014, 09:03 PM
United States, CT, Waterford
Joined Jul 2012
159 Posts
Thought I'd bump this thread.
Been two years since I got mine and it's still one of my favorites. Flies great, thermals very well and looks very good.
Lots of great tips in this thread. I believe the strengthening of the motor pod with carbon fiber rods & fiberglass have kept my engine pod whole. After two years of use- I've finally started wearing out servos which are fairly cheap and simple to replace.
TomTerrific is offline Find More Posts by TomTerrific