SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:24 PM
Joined Nov 2010
229 Posts
Question
Clyde Puffer build

Greetings. I was wondering if anyone out there is at this time or has been building a Clyde Puffer using the Orion Molding's ## inch Puffer hull??? I talked with someone by the handle of "gordinir8" several months back, are you still around?? Like to hear from you or anyone else building a Puffer... Regards CplFuzz
CPL.FUZZ is offline Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:21 PM
Casey Thrower
United States, AL, Meridianville
Joined Jul 2004
279 Posts
Here is a pretty extensive build log of a Puffer. He makes his own hull, but the rest may be helpful.

http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/ar...__t_63635.html
C Thrower is offline Find More Posts by C Thrower
Old Jan 23, 2015, 07:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
229 Posts
Thanks C Thrower, I'm at about the same point in my build, I'm fitting the steering servo and steering chains to the tiller today. I like some of his ideas. The Puffer I'm building is a earlier version with out the wheel house, the helm is open with the ships wheel on the deck behind the engine housing. I already have a 48 inch model of the Vital Spark and I had this smaller 33 inch hull already from Orion Moldings. Here's a picture of my VS and kind of what I'm building to. Too bad about the guys stuff getting busted up, and yea, either some kids or jealous modeler, sounded like a get even thing. Thanks again. CplFuzz
CPL.FUZZ is offline Find More Posts by CPL.FUZZ