SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 25, 2015, 11:24 PM
Find More Posts by Terry Smith
Australia, SA, Morphett Vale
Joined Oct 2014
61 Posts
Discussion
eBay alert - aircraft plans

Hi guys, aircraft aren't my usual thing and so I may be preaching to the converted.
I came across this seller who had plans for a number of what appeared to me to be unusual planes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/startpoin...p2047675.l2562

While you're looking through these, take note of the postage rates. It seems to me that USPS doesn't want anything to be sold overseas. Just as an example, the ratchet strip for a Spektrum DX6i (part #SPM9007) can cost anywhere up to US$32.25 each when the postage is included.

Cheers,

Terry Smith
Terry Smith is offline Find More Posts by Terry Smith
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2015, 01:10 AM
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,872 Posts
Many of those plans are freely available on the internet.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jul 26, 2015, 05:48 AM
Find More Posts by StayQuiet
United States, SC, Boiling Springs
Joined Jul 2011
144 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
Many of those plans are freely available on the internet.
Sadly, that is why I'm so hesitant to send the CAD files on the Snafuey II (a plane I designed and built) to those that have requested them. Next thing you know, someone is selling them on eBay and profiting from my work and generosity.
StayQuiet is offline Find More Posts by StayQuiet
Old Jul 26, 2015, 02:54 PM
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,872 Posts
Yes, it is sad that its very difficult to enforce copyrights. The plans from that vendor are old magazine plans. Ownership of the copyright is questionable, and does not appear to be enforced, as the magazine is no longer around.
I looked up the Snafuey II, you already published enough that it could be easily duplicated.

I dealt with a company having issues sending work out for water jet , and laser cutting. They had some of their early products copied. I looked the parts over under magnification, and they had the exact same cutting path, so I figured the machine shop was involved. To fix that on the new products, I would place the parts order instead of the company, so the shop would have a hard time figuring out what the parts where used for. And they would ask. I would just make something up like its a support for a display, or call it by a generic term like a distribution block.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jul 27, 2015, 07:24 AM
Find More Posts by eflightray
An itch?. Scratch build.
South Wales U.K.
Joined Mar 2003
15,199 Posts
eBay Alert

The title made me smile, for the wrong reason.

Many years ago on a factory shop floor, there was a big sign, --- BE ALERT! .

Someone had added underneath --- Your country needs more Lerts.

Sorry, just memories and a weird sense of humor.
eflightray is offline Find More Posts by eflightray