Old Jul 21, 2015, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by BrownOut
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
599 Posts
Discussion
Cc3d, cleanflight and rgb leds

Hi guys, I've just flashed cleanfight onto my 250 racing quads cc3d, very pleased with how it all went and am looking forward to having the extra functions to play with.

Firstly I was wanting to put an rgb led array on the back that changes colour according to battery status, is this possible?

I've briefly looked at the led setup tab but I'm not sure if I plug the leds straight into the cc3d board or if I have to use some sort of led driver.

Any pointers or links? Thanks.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:45 PM
uk
Joined Feb 2009
599 Posts
I've read Oscar's blog and the wiki but I don't understand how to connect it up properly and get it working to change with voltage. Guides seem to tell me it can be done but not actually how to do it (low voltage warning that is).
Old Jul 22, 2015, 05:38 AM
Find More Posts by Arakon
Germany, RP, Diez
Joined May 2009
1,671 Posts
Since the code doesn't support changing color with voltage, only flashing as voltage warning, you can't do that.. unless you program the feature yourself for cleanflight.
Arakon is online now Find More Posts by Arakon
Old Jul 22, 2015, 06:34 AM
uk
Joined Feb 2009
599 Posts
Thank-you for your help.

I find the info out there presumes you know what your doing in the first place.
If you don't quite understand one small thing you'll never understand any of it.

How would I go about wiring up leds to flash in event of a running down battery ?
Do I plug the led board into the cc3d and that will supply the power or do I need some sort of driver board?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 07:24 AM
uk
Joined Feb 2009
599 Posts
No help out there at all?
Surely to you experts making leds flash on a flattening battery isn't that difficult. It's hard getting anywhere in this hobby with no help at the best of times but when it's something you don't quite understand it's impossible.