New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:51 AM
Find More Posts by chris jones
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
582 Posts
Help!
AIO Pro v1.1 gimble programming

Hi guys I have a flamewheel clone with AIO pro v1.1 controller and gps. Its running, I believe, the Mega Pirate software. I have the mission planner on my pc and have manage to successfully connect to the pc etc. All the Alt/ Pos hold is working great and flying is no problem. Despite one crash I am immensly enjoying this aspect of the hobby and want to use the quad as an airial photography platform with my GoPro.

I have recently added a camera gimble and legs to the quad and currently have a 6 ch RX with the gimble servos plugged into the control board but not working. I do have an 8 ch RX that I could use if necessary.

My questions revolve around the capability and the setup of the AIO pro with regards to controlling the gimble. i bought the quad ready built and set up and am at a loss as to where to start.

Q1. Can the AIOPro provide compensation for tilt/ roll to the camera while still allowing for control of where the camera is pointing from the TX? Basically I'd like to use the flap switch to give me a straight ahead, 45* and straight down setting while the board provides compensation for flight movements. I see no reason to have any control of the gimble in roll and so would just want flight control compensation.

Q2. Can someone point me in the right direction for setting this up? Do I need to use the 8ch Rx? Is there a tutorial or could someone walk me through the steps?

Q3. Should I be wary of using the Wifi capability of the GoPro to send previews back to an ipad for filming? Wifi uses 2.4ghz right? Is interferance going to be an issue?

Sorry its quite an involved and long winded but your help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
chris jones is online now Find More Posts by chris jones
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:35 AM
Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Supersonic Engineering
UK, Greater London, Uxbridge
Joined Mar 2001
3,285 Posts
Sorry, I can't help much with your Q1, but I would suggest that you will probably also want a limited amount of manual control in roll. I have a Y6 with KK2 board and find that when hovering in anything other than a direct headwind, the whole copter is tilted into wind, as is the gimbal. I find that I need to level it with the radio as best I can, there's Photoshop for the rest!

As for your Q3, I'd suggest a full range check before flying will give you your answer.
GordonTarling is offline Find More Posts by GordonTarling
Old Mar 04, 2013, 12:08 PM
Find More Posts by chris jones
United Kingdom, England, Melton Mowbray
Joined Jan 2008
582 Posts
Actually that a great point about hovering in a cros wind, hadnt thought of that so it looks like I need that too! Thanks

As for the range check - yeah will do that, I think I'll also check with turning on the wifi first as well as turning on after connecting the TX and RX. Not sure if it'll make a difference but might as well do it both ways just in case.
chris jones is online now Find More Posts by chris jones