New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2015, 03:11 AM
Find More Posts by jayanday
Joined Jun 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
Park Flyers on the Gold Coast.

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone flys park flyers on the gold coast. I heard there was a electric flying club somewhere near southport.
But can't get any info about them or if anyone else meets up somewhere else on the coast.
I heard council where pretty strict on using parks for rc planes around the coast.
Am keen to get a couple of maidens under my belt as I am new to the hobby.
If anyone could help that would be awesome.
Kind regards Jason
jayanday is offline Find More Posts by jayanday
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2015, 07:28 AM
Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
749 Posts
Jason, I do not live or fly on the Gold Coast as I live in the Hinterland and I fly on most weekends at my local golf course. Given the Council stern enforcement you better not get caught or its a $250 on the spot fine. The club I believe your thinking of is at Coomera behind Dreamworld. They have permission to fly off a council park.
Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 04:44 PM
Find More Posts by wesmantooth
Joined Oct 2011
99 Posts
PM sent
wesmantooth is offline Find More Posts by wesmantooth
Old Apr 27, 2015, 08:16 PM
Find More Posts by Jetti
Australia, NSW, West Wollongong
Joined May 2014
53 Posts
Jason,
There is a group of fliers that are located on the southern goldie and have permission to fly from the Tallebudgera Valley sporting fields at a certain time (Tallebudgera Connection Road). They have established a club from there I believe they are:

Tally Electric Model Flyers Inc
Email: fcaione@bigpond.com

I know they have permission and operate from here with the blessing of the Local council.
Jetti is offline Find More Posts by Jetti
Old May 23, 2015, 06:24 PM
Find More Posts by Acrow
Joined Dec 2007
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanday View Post
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone flys park flyers on the gold coast. I heard there was a electric flying club somewhere near southport.
Kind regards Jason
Coomera Electric Flying Club was a registered club. It flew out of a school in Southport. It folded over a year ago.
Acrow is offline Find More Posts by Acrow