Find More Posts by jirkajiranek
dzejdzej
Czech Republic, Pardubice
Joined Oct 2008
55 Posts
Build Log
Aero L-159 ALCA Park Jet

Hello friends,

I finally finished the plans for Aero L-159 ALCA (Advanced Light Combat Aircraft). This plane is the newest version of the most famous jet trainer L-39 Albatros. Aero is the Czech company, the world biggest producer of the trainer and light attack planes. In total factory produced more than 6000 planes , mostly L-29 Delfin (Nato code "Maya") and L-39 Albatros.
L-159 was designed according to the request of the Czech Air Force. They needed a combat airplane beside russian SU-25. There was also request for supersonic fighter, but the bill was assumed to 2 billions USD and we finally long time rented Saabs Jas39. More about Aero and the real L-159 You can find in movie I'll put into video gallery.
Now back to Park Jet. Please note, the plans are BETA version. I build the prototype, but aft fuselage top in plan I did a little bit different - more close to the real plane, than prototype I build. So, please be carefull and cut the holes for aft top fuselage in the sides of the fwd fuselage after building the aft fuselage part. I successfully did 2 flights. During the maiden flight I found, that wingtip tanks can cause wing vibration at "higher g's". I adjusted the prototype using 6x10mm balsa wing leading edge. Now it's mutch better. I put better solution into plans, using 2 carbon tubes connected with 3 psc 2,5mm ply rib. The wing span is 825mm, weight 550 grams. It's a little bit bigger, than standard Park Jet, but I did not want to increase the wing area to keep standard wingspan - I wanted real look. I used mainly Steve Shumate's technology and I also added something from me. Thank You Steve for inspiration ! I'll appreciate your comments. Tiled plans are different technology than the standard plans from Steve You know. On each sheet is the dashed rectangle dimension 280x190mm, that helps You to fit the sheets together. The parts are not placed on the "big" sheet for the best fit and then tiled, but parts from specific part of the plane are fit on "smaller" sheet and then tiled. I think this is usefull for making the spare parts, cause after crash I sometimes had to print 4 or 6 sheets to have o small part. I'll prepare also construction guide for beginners, but please give me some more time. I think this plane is also easy EDF adaptable, only You have to do bigger outlet hole and the end fuselage view will not be so realistic. But may be better than pusher motor .
Motor setup You can use according to Your ussual. I used PJS 3D400 AirForce motor with APC 6x4 propeller, ESC 30A and LiPo 3S 1800mAh battery. This produces 700g of static thrust at 17Amps only. Flight time with this setup could be around 20 minutes in normal flight, 10 minutes doing crazy thigs. Please be carefull flying like "rocket", cause it a really fast park jet in vertical flight. On the other side You can nicely fly at 1/4 of the throttle only.
I'll appreciate your comments, plans adjusting and recommendations.

Jirka.

video is here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post12641605
jirkajiranek is offline Find More Posts by jirkajiranek
Last edited by jirkajiranek; Jul 12, 2009 at 07:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by Sartor
Brasil
Joined Jun 2008
46 Posts
Great work guy, thanks a lot for the sharing your job and plans.
Sartor is offline Find More Posts by Sartor
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:02 AM
Find More Posts by markarch
New Castle, PA
Joined Oct 2006
748 Posts
Really nice work. I'm going to add this one to my list of builds. I can't wait to see if anyone else tackles this one. I reminds me of my Dad's Estes Turbo Thruster. That may be what they used as a model.
markarch is offline Find More Posts by markarch
Old Jul 12, 2009, 02:45 PM
Find More Posts by annihil8ted
San Diego
Joined May 2008
482 Posts
Do you think an EDF would work?
annihil8ted is offline Find More Posts by annihil8ted
Old Jul 12, 2009, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by denispeters
I believe in Jesus Christ
Germany
Joined Apr 2006
410 Posts
edf would be great, but pusher looks very cool too

great job, keep on the good work

thank you very much for sharing

cheers

Denis
denispeters is offline Find More Posts by denispeters
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:07 PM
dzejdzej
Joined Oct 2008
55 Posts
I think EDF will work fine. Inlet chanel for EDF could be made using longer inlet diverters connecting inside fuselage. I have one 65mm EDF, making decision between L-159 and F18 with thrust vectoring. But I have to tell You this will be my first EDF park jet, till now I built pushers only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annihil8ted
Do you think an EDF would work?
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by annihil8ted
San Diego
Joined May 2008
482 Posts
Hmmm, it kinda looks like a 70mm won't fit. I may have to resize.
annihil8ted is offline Find More Posts by annihil8ted
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:44 PM
Find More Posts by FlyinAg
I Love 30mm
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Nov 2001
377 Posts
Looks great! Might have to build one myself.
FlyinAg is offline Find More Posts by FlyinAg
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by jetset44
Park Jet Guru
Seattle, WA
Joined Jun 2002
5,669 Posts
Wow, that's a BEAUTIFUL model, Jirka! Excellent job with the shaping, especially, you've captured the great lines of this airplane admirably. And good job with the design, too--550g is a very nice light weight for a model this size. Thanks for sharing your work and the very well-done plans!

Steve
jetset44 is offline Find More Posts by jetset44
Last edited by jetset44; Jul 13, 2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:44 AM
Find More Posts by Adlerauge
Joined Jan 2007
205 Posts
Great Work !
I hope to see the finished plane.
Thank you for sharing you`re work.
Good luck with this beauty.

Thomas
Adlerauge is offline Find More Posts by Adlerauge
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by denispeters
I believe in Jesus Christ
Germany
Joined Apr 2006
410 Posts
Edf L-159

I guess it would be quite easy to convert this one into an EDF L-159: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1073657

or itīs better to adopt Jirkaīs 159 to an EDF ( Iīm just wondering which model would be easier to build),

what do you guys think?

regards

Denis
denispeters is offline Find More Posts by denispeters
Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by marie3379
france
Joined Aug 2008
73 Posts
Great job !!! beautiful plane..thanks for the plans..
marie3379 is offline Find More Posts by marie3379
Old Jul 13, 2009, 01:47 PM
Find More Posts by Coop
Lawton/Fort Sill, OK
Joined Sep 2002
1,952 Posts
Awesome job. Might have to build this one also.
Coop is offline Find More Posts by Coop
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:42 PM
dzejdzej
Joined Oct 2008
55 Posts
what plan for L-159 EDF

Hello Denis,

I think the L39 EDF existing version is more easy to adapt. The main difference between the real L39 and L159 is the longer and more flat forward fuselage/nosecone and bigger wingtip fuel tanks. Just take care about wing strength - vibrations from the bigger tanks. On the other hand the tanks has very good stabilizing effect on the real one and park jet too. Moreover You can combine both plans and take the best solution on the different sections. It depends what is Your target. To build it quickly and easy or to do Your own design.

Good Luck !

Jirka

Quote:
Originally Posted by denispeters
I guess it would be quite easy to convert this one into an EDF L-159: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1073657

or itīs better to adopt Jirkaīs 159 to an EDF ( Iīm just wondering which model would be easier to build),

what do you guys think?

regards

Denis