New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2015, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by jj604
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
8,254 Posts
Extremely nice build, Julez. Very professionally done - but as my German friends would say, "Why would you do it any other way?"

That's a very nice case by the way. Presume it is typical military - built like a Swiss watch and used once.

John
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Sep 01, 2015 at 06:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2015, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by Julez
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,613 Posts
Thanks John!

Yeah, it was a lot of work, but after toying with that idea for a year or so, it's good that it is finally finished.

I noticed a slight software mistake in my Arduinos though; the blinking started as soon as the temperature regulation took over, but it was meant as an overheating indicator. So I had to disassemble the whole stupid thing again to reach the Arduinos which are located at the very center, and raise the blinking temperature from 60C to 75C.
Sometimes I envy those who are content with switching on their game console at the end of a day and call this a hobby.

But hey, at least I can now give it a test drive at a local RC boat meeting soon.
Julez is offline Find More Posts by Julez
Old Sep 02, 2015, 06:02 PM
Find More Posts by furynick
Joined Jan 2014
44 Posts
Hi all, I'm trying to search how to make my DPS-500CB to work.

I found PS_ON & PS_KILL, short them to GND and got 12V on main output but as soon as I draw more than 10A (Reprap heated bed) the PSU fails.
I tried to put a 165Ω resistor on D5(12V)-D6(Remote Sense Return) without effect.
Is there any trick to make this PSU to work ?
Should I also connect D2(Current Share)-D5(12V) with a 1k or more resistor ?
Is there any other pin to connect ?
Should I put a load on 5Vsb ?

Thanks for your help.
furynick is offline Find More Posts by furynick
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by Ryan_D
Joined Jun 2015
2 Posts
avoid ebay seller Servers_are_us , bought a hp dps-1200fb from them several weeks ago, shipping was messed up and came late via ups instead of fedex, advertised as new/other (listed as brand new not in oe packaging).

The power supply was most definitely not new, had visible signs of wear on the blades from repeated swapping, it was a good price so I powered it up just to see, powered up fine, a hair warm, nice stable 12.4v out with a brake light bulb for load, shrugged and finalized connections (soldered 10g wires and xt90 on as well as the 560ohm jumper) then moved it out to the charge cart.

I pulled out a 1/2 charge 6500ma 3s and hooked up the reaktor 300w charger to it at 6.5a charge, it was pulling around 6.7-6.8a and went about cleaning shop, about 15min later I smelled hot electronics and hurried to charge cart, charger and lipo were fine, power supply was so hot you couldn't hold your hand on it for longer than a second, these shouldn't even get warm under that kind of load let alone thermal runaway.

sent seller message as I would rather not hose somebody via feedback system, they said fine we'll rma it, I made it clear again that the blades had been soldered to so it had cosmetic changes and they ignored me for a week until I left honest feedback regarding the delayed shipping via other carrier, the initial claim of new being an utter falsehood, and that the item was clearly an end of service life pull that got really hot under minimal load. then they bothered to respond, first with a replacement and return label to send them back the bad one in exchange for revised feedback, I agreed and told them it would be load tested on a bench before anything was final or revised, they agreed, a day later they asked for serial #, I complied and sent it, another day later they respond and ask if I would accept refund plus $5 and keep the junk supply, I grudgingly agree telling them that whatever they do it needs to be done asap as I need a supply and now need to hunt down another one, a day later and I get a feedback revision request, in which I have to leave them nice feedback and not mention they are advertising end of life pulls as new in order to have my refund approved, which apparently will be sometime next week because they allready have my new feedback and can take there sweet time about it.

sorry for the rambling novel, sellers like this misrepresenting items because most people buying aren't tech savy enough to notice or understand the dif really pisses me off, then extorting people into not calling them out for there junk in order to get a refund is lower than low...
Ryan_D is offline Find More Posts by Ryan_D