Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
is this 24 out now? sound neater than sliced bread
LOL, no. theKM hasn't finished the feature list yet - so blame him!! :::ducking:::
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:17 PM
Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
5,757 Posts
You guys see ecalc advertised on the banner. To much variables they ask for and not enough to fiddle with. Plus they want you to become a member to get full features.
http://www.ecalc.ch/?rcg
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
Old Today, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I am using the GY-88 10DOF boards. You will be able to get the X24Pro with or without the board.
is openaero2 going to run on that or is this your own implementation ? no programer or configuration.. If I were you i'd use what currently exists..

Quote:
It's necessary if you want to look like a rock star - flip the switch and simply bang your ailerons back in forth... 4 point roll, no problem! 8 point roll, no problem. There is no change in altitude or course. It's the safest way to make a high speed pass inverted too. For me, as a jet pilot, anything that can help keep from putting the plane into the ground is a plus.
IMO the attitude hold and the hands free knife edge passes are a gimmick easily superseded. you really dont need anything more than stab. if you will write something make sure you can switch it off remotely from your tx as well as a way to adjust the master gain for the PID controller.

Quote:
FrSky X8R and other receivers' SBUS output works with the X10+, but I believe that is because it is outputting a 9ms frame. Anything between 7ms and 14ms (+1ms of margin, per Futaba) is allowed.

SBUS is a Futaba protocol, and belongs only to them. You either follow the protocol or invent your own. I am not going to make changes to try accommodate other products if it means violating the specifications of a protocol. The specification is there to provide a failsafe mechanism.
I understand the protocol. however failsafe situation is when you dont have a signal, if you broadcast but slitly slower (because servo wont work at that frequency range and the x10 goes into failsafe - well thats a problem)

to explain the servo I'm using on my 3dhs edge 74 is the Savox SV-1270TG (Frequency: 250-333hz) and the Hitec HS-5565MH on the throttle

other servo I use for other planes are
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1256...avsc1256tg.htm (Frequency: 250-333hz)
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1258...avsc1258tg.htm (Frequency: 250-333hz)
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC0251...avsc0251mg.htm (Frequency: 200-250hz)

mini servo
http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SH0255...avsh0255mg.htm
(Frequency: 200-250hz)

the savox they seem to operate down to 250-200 hz (4-5ms)
Hitec do not have a published spec on frequency range

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos/...-servo/product

http://hitecrcd.com/products/servos/...-servo/product

however according to the servo database the Hitecs are only spec'd for 20ms

http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/hitec/hs-5065mg
http://www.servodatabase.com/servo/hitec/hs-5085mg

the request is to prevent something from happening rather than anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
is this 24 out now? sound neater than sliced bread

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
is still in the oven
Quote:
LOL, no. theKM hasn't finished the feature list yet - so blame him!! :::ducking:::
You two get your act together..

Jim said its out in the summer... its summer already
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Today, 11:51 AM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
is openaero2 going to run on that or is this your own implementation ? no programer or configuration.. If I were you i'd use what currently exists..
It's my own implementation, much faster (all assembly code). There is an interface for PC software and there will also be a plug-in programmer/display system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
IMO the attitude hold and the hands free knife edge passes are a gimmick easily superseded. you really dont need anything more than stab. if you will write something make sure you can switch it off remotely from your tx as well as a way to adjust the master gain for the PID controller.
It's not a gimmick. It's actually a requirement I need for some of our UAV contract work. You will notice I make reference to "flipping a switch" to enable/disable it. Yes, there is remote PID adjustments via the Tx.

Hitec's servos operate just fine below 7ms. I use them almost exclusively.

I don't give release dates (ever) for products. My summer doesn't start until about November.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
3,067 Posts
Where can I read about this X24 stabilization system?
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Find More Posts by 3Drew
United States, FL, Terra Ceia
Joined Feb 2011
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
You guys see ecalc advertised on the banner. To much variables they ask for and not enough to fiddle with. Plus they want you to become a member to get full features.
http://www.ecalc.ch/?rcg
I'm sure you've already seen Aeroplayin's Prop Engine
Does ecalc do anything more, at least specific to airplanes?
3Drew is online now Find More Posts by 3Drew
Old Today, 12:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,314 Posts
Quote:
It's my own implementation, much faster (all assembly code). There is an interface for PC software and there will also be a plug-in programmer/display system..
Cool

Quote:
It's not a gimmick. It's actually a requirement I need for some of our UAV contract work. You will notice I make reference to "flipping a switch" to enable/disable it. Yes, there is remote PID adjustments via the Tx..
My comments come from personal experience, obviously everyone has their own opinion, and you have an application /requirement that you want to satisfy with a product, however as you said you recently jumped on this so.. dunno mate, you know better

Quote:
Hitec's servos operate just fine below 7ms. I use them almost exclusively..
Cool then.

Quote:
I don't give release dates (ever) for products. My summer doesn't start until about November.
I know so im not asking, in the flying giants post arron gave us the link to, you said summer... not me
Old Today, 12:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
2,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
Where can I read about this X24 stabilization system?
I suppose at the moment its in jims head.
expect to be similar to openaero2 but personally i think ofs has better implementation. If you read the manual the way it works is very similar to the demon cortex although ofs wont do auto level and was independently developed.
Old Today, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,919 Posts
Quote:
...he wants more features!
I think my wish list is already accounted for. will we be able to drive the servos live to set the endpoints for the regular X24 version in order to do the matching? black box feature?

do I need to email the current list status?

after this, I may need to jump back to needing telemetry out of the module for taranis or android device feed
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Today, 03:39 PM
Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
2,067 Posts
Luckily with Jeti you can feed the telemetry straight to the R3 and still use a device like this.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Today, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by AeroKen
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,805 Posts
I have to say I feel the appeal of Jeti. Spektrum stuff is very nice in many respects, but the telemetry situation leaves a bit to be desired. If I understand everything right, with the X10 or X24 you can still have spektrum telemetry, but you loose the telemetry reporting of fades, frame losses, and holds that you normally get from the receiver.
That, and the easy telemetry from a mezon are pretty appealing.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Today, 06:01 PM
Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
8,134 Posts
We're having a discussion on the 75 Extra thread about telemetry and Amps increase with Edge HV ESC's that should probably be here. But if you're not ready to invest on Jeti, one of the options is to use the X10 or X24 to power a separate unit, like the Eagle Tree log, which can run independently of the rest of the plane's power and control system -- I would think. We had some experience with ET when we first started this thread and the output data and dashboard are really nice.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin