Old Jul 18, 2016, 02:28 AM
Find More Posts by Yukinarija
Joined Jan 2015
37 Posts
Help!
Naza V2 + FrSky D8R-XP failsafe conflict?

Hey there,

Well I am finally flying! Very happy about that. I had some issues with my failsafes though. There are two scenarios:

1) I panic and I want the Naza RTH mode to kick in.
2) Signal loss and I want the Naza RTH mode to kick in or if that's not available for it to land while reducing power. I am using a Naza V2 FC and an D8R-XP Receiver.

As I can see from The D8R-XP manual, I can set the failsafe to Option 1 (user predetermined settings). http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...0X12918X30.pdf
From page 16 of the Naza manual I can see there's quite a variety of things I should be paying attention to - http://download.dji-innovations.com/...t_Guide_en.pdf. It seems to be quite intelligent on its own. Though - if it crashes while returning, does it kill the engines?

The D8R-XP also has this Option 2? (Option-2. How to set failsafe for no pulses on lost signal Just press briefly the F/S button on the receiver while the transmitter is off and you are done. ). As I understand this will give Naza the idea that signal is lost and it will act on its own? Sort of like failsafe?

What is the best setup I could do? I am confused by the terminology here and there and I just want to make sure that I have it properly set. From my own understanding if the Naza is flying and I cram it into failsafe it should RTH? So it makes most sense to save that mix into the D8R-XP as the failsafe default (Option 1) and I am done?

TYVM.
Yukinarija is offline Find More Posts by Yukinarija
Last edited by Yukinarija; Jul 18, 2016 at 02:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts