Find More Posts by slyme
Simon
United Kingdom, Gosport
Joined Apr 2016
391 Posts
Question
NX3 EVO - Installation question.

Hi,

I have posted this question in another thread but the thread seems to have spluttered into lifelessness. I hope it's okay to post it again here as a new thread.

I have just purchased one of these NX3 EVO units. It was a bit of an impulse buy, I suspect it may be a cheaper solution than the units I have been looking at (E-Flite and Hobbyzone SAFE rx's) or it might not be what I want at all! I'll see ...

I'm a bit baffled in respect of the wiring route ...

Out:
Aileron R - I'll plug my aileron in here, I have one central servo for the ailerons
Aileron - nothing here
Elevator - elevator here
Rudder - rudder here

So far, so good ...

In:
Emerg - I'm guessing aux1 from the rx and assign to the trainer switch on the tx to get a 'panic button'?
Aileron R - aileron here
Elevator - yep, this one's simple, elevator goes here.
Multi - I don't really understand this one but I have figured out that if I use the 'multi cable' supplied and plug the red one into my rx rudder output then I have rudder control

Have I got this lot correct? It seems correct but I'm not trusting to my judgement here.

Where/what do I plug in to get a switch in order to change flight mode in flight?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Simon.
slyme is online now Find More Posts by slyme
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2016, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Up! Up! And Away!
Joined Feb 2014
2,681 Posts
Here's a thread where some people who've used that gyro may be subscribed, even if the thread is not active.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2497975

My guess would be that Aileron R is for the right aileron if using 2 servos, might want to use the other port.

Didn't see TX mentioned, and how to link switch to channels varies by TX - might try a TX thread for that. Examples: My DX6i is channel 5 is Gear switch and 6 is flaps switch. My T6 will vary switch for some functions/channels by menu selection.
GottaZoom is online now Find More Posts by GottaZoom
Old May 10, 2016, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by slyme
Simon
United Kingdom, Gosport
Joined Apr 2016
391 Posts
Thanks GottaZoom - I have posted into that thread.
slyme is online now Find More Posts by slyme