HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2014, 08:39 PM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
Discussion
Ya I finally have a working CP heli

Ive been working on getting a 450 setup and waiting for parts. Its been driving me insane waiting for the CC3D and motor. So I bought a used mcpx and parts for $100 .
turns out i bought a mcpx mith a few nice parts and a totally insane carbon/ aluminum mcpx in pieces and almost a 3rd minus 3in1 and servos and a bunch of cnc spares. Ive run 3 batterys thru the running one with out crashing so far
As soon as i get my camera working ill build the bling mcpx
bcredneck is offline Find More Posts by bcredneck
Last edited by bcredneck; Dec 17, 2014 at 08:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:02 AM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
I built the aluminum MCPX and put all my best parts on it. Im really happy with this deal. The stock MCPX will be used for training then a scale fuse. I saw a bunch on helifreak. And i was all ready looking at the 1-48 huey model I need at the hobby shop

Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:06 AM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
I couldnt find the right bearing for the CNC head. So i put in a smaller one a brass spacer and a rubber bushing the girps can move but it flys nice.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:48 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,508 Posts
Looks trick Bcr

Always nice to see a bit of aly on there

Keep up the good work
NX-687 is online now Find More Posts by NX-687
Old Dec 18, 2014, 02:37 PM
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined Feb 2014
365 Posts
I read about dampers and pulled out the bearings from my head. I replaced them with fuel tubing. If forced they move 10* if i push lightly they barely move. Then i took it out and tested it compared to the stock heli. Wow theres a difference the stocker is was more twitchy the modded one with the dampened head dose not vibrate at all. That may not be just the head. but the modded heli is just more stable.
That could also be the lower COG and the 0 slop in the head and swash.