HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2014, 06:24 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Two (2) Lives Saved by this Aircraft!

Following a mid-air with a helicopter this aircraft with a parachute system saved its two occupants after the quick deployment of the Parachute and slowed the aircraft down before landing on top of some trees near the airport.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-plane-h...203423275.html

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2014, 07:03 AM
Fly low
Joined Jan 2012
187 Posts
After a while in the build process, I finally maidened my Cirrus.

A friend helped build it and he did an excellent job.

Plane is powered by an RCGF 32 engine which so far has been very impressive.

It flew quite well in blustery conditions.

I was cautious when landing so full flaps all the way. The plane does fly well with full flaps down.

The nose wheel was always a concern for me after the many posts about it. I found that there was some slop in the nose wheel bracket after the first flight. I flew a second flight and it was ok but I have pulled it off to inspect and foudn that the nylon was ok but there was a little play between the nose wheel wire and the brass bush.

I am now going to see if I can get a full aluminum or brass replacement mount made up as I feel that the nylon mount will eventually break. I am using an RCGF Pitts muffler and the gap between the muffler and the nose wheel mount is only about 1-2mm so I don't think the heat will help the nose wheel mount.

Glad to finally have it in the air and hopefully many more flights to come.

Thanks to all on this thread for helping me get to this point.
silly is offline Find More Posts by silly