HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:56 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f3fisa View Post
Hi,
Can anybody tell me what notification you get on the android app of the Channel 5 3 position switch. I get Auto Navigation, Manual, Manual. Is this correct?
Thanks.
David
Yes....it is correct. Basically you have Manual Mode 1 which is in fact Attitude Mode, then Manual Mode 2 which is Altitude hold mode and then Auto navigation which is GPS mode.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:51 AM
Wish i was a flight pack
Australia, NSW, Bass Hill
Joined Jan 2012
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_westie View Post
Anything that can handle 400hz?
After that it will depend on your budget and motor size.
My bare minimium would be 20A, with a crystal for a AVR based.

SIL do not need one, from my research.

I use, HobbyWing FlyFun/Pentium-30A , SIL
http://www.rc711.com/shop/hobbywing-...ors-p-185.html
Only as it came with a ARF kit.

And HobbyKing 30A BlueSeries, flashed with SimonK
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13429
Xa ESC's are 500 hz and compatible with YS,why use flashed?
TNTJET is offline Find More Posts by TNTJET
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Stuff
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTJET View Post
,why use flashed?
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....SC-with-SimonK

Imo, improved performance.

More technical background.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606382

400hz in does not always ,mean 400hz out to motor.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:40 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,091 Posts
Xaircraft ESC are supposedly specially made for multicopters and use a nonstandard control pulse to get higher refresh (500hz), compared to normal ones (including SimonK) that "only" support up to about 400hz.

But I have not seen any control latency tests on the Xa ESC's. High refresh on the signal means nothing it is slow to respond with the internal motor control. So if anyone has some tests, please post a link.
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:56 PM
Joined Feb 2006
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Yes....it is correct. Basically you have Manual Mode 1 which is in fact Attitude Mode, then Manual Mode 2 which is Altitude hold mode and then Auto navigation which is GPS mode.

Rob
Thanks, I guess it's just the led indication that is wrong as once I get more than 7 sats, I get no led in position 1, a red led in position 2 and. green led in position 3. I've never seen a flashing blue led. I think I will have to look at the wiring in the led.

David
f3fisa is offline Find More Posts by f3fisa
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Jul 2011
405 Posts
Ok, I changed my parameters values so many times since I got YS-X6 (the day it released) that I don't know the DEFAULT values anymore, can someone tell me how to reset to default values in android? And if it is not possible, can someone post a screenshot of the default values (gains etc)

Thanks!
Reginak is offline Find More Posts by Reginak
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:22 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Xaircraft ESC are supposedly specially made for multicopters and use a nonstandard control pulse to get higher refresh (500hz), compared to normal ones (including SimonK) that "only" support up to about 400hz.

But I have not seen any control latency tests on the Xa ESC's. High refresh on the signal means nothing it is slow to respond with the internal motor control. So if anyone has some tests, please post a link.
A good thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1250488

Don't think they managed to test an XA though.
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Oct 2009
25 Posts
Does anyone want to share there pid configuration for a stock F550 with dji motor/esc's?

Greetz Justin
justin_ma is offline Find More Posts by justin_ma
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:01 AM
Joined Apr 2009
25 Posts
Castle creations compatibility

As a forward please do note that I spent the better part of the afternoon and evening reading nearly each page of this thread and a couple others and still have the same unanswered questions, so if this has been answered already, it's not for lack of trying that I did not find the answer !!

I am having problems arming my motors while connected through CC Ice ESCs. Everything else is working fine, such as ground station (both PC and iPhone) and transmitter is being received and calibrates properly. Just cannot see to get the arming tones from the speed controller! I saw residing hood had mentioned similar issues earlier in this thread, but there was never a solution outlined. The subject seems to have just fallen under the radar. anyone can provide me the solution, so I can join the high flying ZeroUAV club??

Thanks in advance!
jrlederer is offline Find More Posts by jrlederer
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Feb 2009
567 Posts
@jlederer,

For now the caste creations escs just don;t work with the YS. So far as I know. Maybe in the future there will be an update. For now use HK f30 or blueserie simonk flashed. Worked like a charm for me and verry reliable.
rwijnhov is offline Find More Posts by rwijnhov
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:57 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,091 Posts
Have you tried doing a ESC throttle calibration using the YS-X6?
jab is offline Find More Posts by jab
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:23 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank.T View Post
What happens with the LED when you don't connect USB?

I suppose that your USB is the USB to RS232 converter?
I have the same problem. So how did you fix it? I don't have a RS232 cable it only came with the USB cable.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:37 AM
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
I'm having a problem getting my YS-X6 to work properly. I hook it up as per the instructions and it was working ok and worked on my PC GCS etc.

I then did a 50waypoint upgrade and it seems to load and confirmed all was good and then advised to close the FW upgrade box. . Now if I plug in a battery the led flashes once blue and then off and nothing else works now. The com port in the GCS and firmware upgrade software still connects with the USB cable but that's as far as it goes.

I tried to reinstall the firmware again, but when I get to the point where it asks me to turn on the AP unit, the blue LED flashes once and that's it and nothing else happens. No loading of the FW or anything.

Any ideas how I can reset the AP box? What am I doing wrong here?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
I'm having a problem getting my YS-X6 to work properly. I hook it up as per the instructions and it was working ok and worked on my PC GCS etc.

I then did a 50waypoint upgrade and it seems to load and confirmed all was good and then advised to close the FW upgrade box. . Now if I plug in a battery the led flashes once blue and then off and nothing else works now. The com port in the GCS and firmware upgrade software still connects with the USB cable but that's as far as it goes.

I tried to reinstall the firmware again, but when I get to the point where it asks me to turn on the AP unit, the blue LED flashes once and that's it and nothing else happens. No loading of the FW or anything.

Any ideas how I can reset the AP box? What am I doing wrong here?
As mentioned on the other thread, unless you have paid for the 50 waypoint upgrade it is not going to work, so rather use the latest FW and reinstall that.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Nov 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
As mentioned on the other thread, unless you have paid for the 50 waypoint upgrade it is not going to work, so rather use the latest FW and reinstall that.
I have paid for the 50wp upgrade, but wasn't sure it was unlocked yet. I think not. But now I cant even reinstall the standard firmware back. I just get one blink of the blue LED and then nothing