HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ExperimentalAir, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM
THE BUILD IS ON
United States, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Apr 2012
786 Posts
Ahhhhh I just watched that part at 1/4 speed, I get it now. That was a 180 degree bank and yaw to the right. Must be fun to fly with the masters

Found some birds doing snap loops and a roll.
RPM314 is offline Find More Posts by RPM314
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Falcon Mk.VI
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
United States, MA, Worcester
Joined Feb 2013
827 Posts
Those videos are interesting. I don't think the first one, involving a crow or raven, was an intentional roll. The bird was apparently slope-soaring and looked to have encountered a 'rotor' or circular eddy in the wind which flipped him.

On the second video, the pigeon definitely appeared to do the snap loop on purpose. That's truly astonishing. I never thought they did this sort of thing on purpose like that... You learn something new every day.
ST_Bob is offline Find More Posts by ST_Bob