HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Received my HD #11 camera from Power GPS today, but it does not seem to record or take pictures.

After pressing the power button, the yellow light keep blinking. Pressing the shutter button does nothing, and pressing the power button does not change modes.

I plugged it into my computer which it recognizes as a disc drive and I have to right click to open as removable storage, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the card.
MrBilly is offline Find More Posts by MrBilly
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:13 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
I am assuming you have fitted a flash card and charged the battery. You should charge the battery when you receive the camera.

Usually a quick press of the power button and the LED light comes on then goes off again, a second later it comes on again and stays on. The camera is now powered up and ready to go. A quick press on the power button and the camera will take still photos.

Pressing the shutter button will cause the LED to flash 3 times then go out. It is now recording video but there is no LED on to indicate anything is happening. Pressing the shutter button again after a few seconds of recording and the LED lights up as recording stops. Hold the power button down until the camera powers down and the LED goes out.

Good luck...
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
For some reason I was under the impression it came with 4GB of on board memory and that the slot was just for expansion.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:19 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
MrBilly,

I can't even find a place called "Power GPS" using Google to have look why you got the impression the Camera came with internal 4gig.

Have you fitted memory and got cam working now?

-B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-264-HD-C...item230e978a6d

So I bought a memory card. It stayed in place once, but now it won't lock in.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBilly View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-264-HD-C...item230e978a6d

So I bought a memory card. It stayed in place once, but now it won't lock in.
Tape it in ?
Don't know if it will work in your case but I always tape over the flash card so it doesn't accidentally lose contact while flying/crashing, etc.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:27 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
My finger tip is not enough (I bite my nails way down, nervous flyer!?)
To get get them lock in on some of my #3, #11, #16 Cams, I often need to use the the edge/tip of something thing else like a toothpick, small screwdriver etc, to make sure mem card is getting pushed fully home and latching/locking in.
-B!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:12 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
I opened it up and that gave me enough room to push it in and have it lock.

Now everything seems to work perfectly.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:06 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Way off topic but it shows just how versatile these little cameras are....

The N011 has served me well for aerial photography but has been replaced by a No16.

Becoming interested in astrophotography using webcams I decided the HD No11 could do a better job.

Lens removed, I was lucky it just easily unscrewed, and camera placed where the eyepiece would go on the telescope and away we went.

The photo of the moon was done with a small, cheap (read - not very good) telescope during a quick break in the perpetual cloud cover here.

Results are not bad at all, they will be much better when I get the camera on my big reflector telescope.

The N011 camera lives on !
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:29 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,178 Posts
Sparklet,

That is indeed a nice shot of the MOON. I love the moon too. I wish I some the planets closers so could get pictures those too.

However I'm sure we'd both be first in line to sign if 'we' ever decide to go back (to the Moon) and set a launch pad for traveling out of the solar system into interstellar space that which I UNFORTUNATELY don't think will even will happen by the 24th Century (circa Star Trek time line! I wish it would happen before the turn of decade - That gives 7 years to build the rockets, if they could do in the '60's lets do NOW!

However I'm unsure if you used a #16 (or 'NO16' as you call it) or a #11 for the shot / photo?

Are you trying get around the fact that the 'official' #16 thread has been closed (and Fishie's weird idea of making a part 'two' #16 thread - which has been promptly renamed and many the posts edited out or modified)

And you a attempting to move us all over to this thread! - Which I think naturally 90% of the #16 community would come to?
If so good CALL. But I'm scared to death Tom is instantly going to jump on us, and close this thread too, particularly if Fishycomic starts trying to put text posts here!

All that aside GREAT shot, repeating, but was it a #11 or #16 used?

Yes I'm stupidly stirring the pot because I'm rather upset - no, make VERY upset) that Tom (and the rest of us) got in trouble for telling a certain person (has he been mentioned?) to STOP posting his endless messages on the #16 thread that 9/10 make no sense. The video's he made were fine - that weird New York accent or whatever it was of his used to freak me out!, But...

-B!LL!

PS: I've already been banned from Hobby King forums, so why stop there. If I get kicked off RCG for this, I'll have a TON more time for model building and flying!!
This post is not proff <-see!!, read, so this might turn out like one of a 'you know who you are' posts.
Sorry to 'you know who you are', you know I really love ya, but man the #16 is GONE anfd we all know why. (save FW updates etc)

PPS: I was almost gunna NOT post this but I thought to hell with it, it took too long type. I'm the two finger typist!!!! - LOL
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Sparklet,

That is indeed a nice shot of the MOON. I love the moon too. I wish I some the planets closers so could get pictures those too.

However I'm sure we'd both be first in line to sign if 'we' ever decide to go back (to the Moon) and set a launch pad for traveling out of the solar system into interstellar space that which I UNFORTUNATELY don't think will even will happen by the 24th Century (circa Star Trek time line! I wish it would happen before the turn of decade - That gives 7 years to build the rockets, if they could do in the '60's lets do NOW!

However I'm unsure if you used a #16 (or 'NO16' as you call it) or a #11 for the shot / photo?

Are you trying get around the fact that the 'official' #16 thread has been closed (and Fishie's weird idea of making a part 'two' #16 thread - which has been promptly renamed and many the posts edited out or modified)

And you a attempting to move us all over to this thread! - Which I think naturally 90% of the #16 community would come to?
If so good CALL. But I'm scared to death Tom is instantly going to jump on us, and close this thread too, particularly if Fishycomic starts trying to put text posts here!

All that aside GREAT shot, repeating, but was it a #11 or #16 used?

Yes I'm stupidly stirring the pot because I'm rather upset - no, make VERY upset) that Tom (and the rest of us) got in trouble for telling a certain person (has he been mentioned?) to STOP posting his endless messages on the #16 thread that 9/10 make no sense. The video's he made were fine - that weird New York accent or whatever it was of his used to freak me out!, But...

-B!LL!

PS: I've already been banned from Hobby King forums, so why stop there. If I get kicked off RCG for this, I'll have a TON more time for model building and flying!!
This post is not proff <-see!!, read, so this might turn out like one of a 'you know who you are' posts.
Sorry to 'you know who you are', you know I really love ya, but man the #16 is GONE anfd we all know why. (save FW updates etc)

PPS: I was almost gunna NOT post this but I thought to hell with it, it took too long type. I'm the two finger typist!!!! - LOL
For the record, my #16 post is not dead. I thought I had clearly mentioned that it will reopen shortly in one of the last posts. It is just taking a break from inane posts! I hope to re-open it this coming week with new firmware AND new sensibility to the posts therein. So, see you there soon...

Having said that, this telescope adaptation of an 808HD camera is intriguing. I have a 6 in reflector telescope that I could try this with and I'd like to know more info on how the camera was adapted to the eyepiece holder and how it's focused (trial and error?). BUT, this thread is not the place for it, unfortunately. There is a separate forum here for totally off-topic threads, so if any details are forthcoming, that would be a good place for starting a new thread there, so have at it, and let me know (by PM) that's it's there!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Nov 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, CA, Oroville
Joined Sep 2007
81 Posts
I just posted a video there.. 808 for astro sounds way cool!
savage 40 is offline Find More Posts by savage 40
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,934 Posts
Hi Bill,
It was a No11 camera. I now have a No16 for aerial videos so decided to use the No11 with my telescope.

Tom,
Will post some info on the forum you suggested.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:29 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,476 Posts
Those moon pictures and videos are great!!

Sorry to see the #16 thread closed. Not dead but flat on its back and not breathing!!! Maybe we should use the Mega keyfob thread until...
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:17 PM
Southwest England
Joined Nov 2010
331 Posts
Great moon shot. How did you focus the telescope to the cmos? I would have thought it would need to be precise?

edit, sorry I see you have posted more details in the other thread!
bobflyman is offline Find More Posts by bobflyman
Closed Thread