HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2011, 10:29 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
You will find your answer here:

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/OSD/OSD-Pro.htm

Here is the quote that tells the whole story.

" •Part of a complete FPV system: The OSD Pro is complimented by our EagleEyesTM Ground Station,
and will soon be enhanced with our EagleLink integrated RC/Video system.
Other enhancements are in the works, that are fully compatible with the OSD Pro system. "
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2011, 02:48 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
95 Posts
With all due respect Mike that message doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence in me.
S.Bartfast is offline Find More Posts by S.Bartfast
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:03 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
95 Posts
Oh, and ssassen.
I've just re-read you post from before. It appears I miss interpreted you're comment.

I thought you'd said...
Quote:
I don't, I give complaints where applicable, just check the RVOSD 5 thread for an example. However, there's no hiding the truth, what I stated is factual, what you do with that information is up to you really.
I thought you were implying that when your competitors make something sh*t you tell 'em it stinks, but after reading it more closely I see you were actually saying:

Quote:
I give compliments where applicable, just check the RVOSD 5 thread for an example...
My apologies :blush:

Okay, I'm going to go and crawl back into my box now.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:25 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Bartfast View Post
With all due respect Mike that message doesn't inspire a great deal of confidence in me.
Bill has commented on it a few times in the last few months.

They're still working on it, and it is scheduled to come out soon.

I wouldn't look for a projected time though, that seems to get people more upset than not knowing...

It will be like the Guardian, it will come out when it's ready, but you can guarantee that it will be a good product when it arives.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Sep 01, 2011, 03:36 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_beeson View Post
Bill has commented on it a few times in the last few months.
Fair enough. Where has he commented? I've been searching his posts and cant find any references.

I don't have an axe to grind or anything, I'm just genuinely interested in this product. Seems surprising to have commented on progress in other threads but not to have "tipped his hat" in here again.
Old Sep 07, 2011, 05:34 PM
Joined Dec 2001
145 Posts
I got my HAM license.
now please let us know if the testing on this system is going strong.
thanks
cloudbuster is offline Find More Posts by cloudbuster
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Hello Bill

Is it possible to get an update from you

Thank you very much

GuPilot
GuyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GuyPilot
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:07 PM
Essex, UK
Joined Apr 2005
37 Posts
UK frequency legality

I'm new to FPV so I've been spending a LOT of time trying to get up to speed - please be patient with me!

I really like Eagle Tree electronics and I've bought the eLogger, OSD Pro, Guardian and GPS units. Now all I need is EagleLink

There is definitely a problem for UK users with the frequencies quoted in this thread. 433MHz needs a radio amateur licence for ranges over 100 metres and the 70cm band is used for microwave links between cellphone masts here so the chances of interference are high. 1.2GHz is not allowed at all as it conflicts with full size aircraft navigation frequencies. 1.3GHz definitely is illegal for airborne use, licence or not

On the plus side, 459MHz is set aside here solely for controlling r/c models ground to air and I've read that a 433 tx can be modified via firmware to transmit in 459. I don't know if that's true as I would have thought you would need to change the hardware, but, if it is true it would be a great solution. That still leaves the video transmission to the ground and here it looks like 5.8GHz is the only option, with all the disadvantages that brings. 2.4GHz seems to be a no no due to interference problems with other flyers in a club situation.

Is it all possible to use different frequencies in the full-up EL transceiver, one for the control uplink and one for the video downlink? I suspect not but I had to ask...
RedPanda is offline Find More Posts by RedPanda
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:04 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,082 Posts
A year and a half without somewhat sellable product, I would say this isn't a priority for the ET crew. They've either given up or haven't figured out how to offer the options they want yet.

Too bad it could have been a killer project that sold a boatload more OSDs for them as well.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:32 PM
FPV Racer - N4FPV
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Sep 2009
876 Posts
I think you pretty much nailed it on the head.
Eddie James is offline Find More Posts by Eddie James
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CavCam, Inc.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:48 PM
work all night and fly all day
USA, CA, San Fernando Valley
Joined May 2009
237 Posts
Come on now give'em a break. hitec has been advertising telemetry componentst for thier aurora 9 radio for well over a year now. So if a huge company like hitec can't deliver the goods and tease us with late due dates and don't respond to requests for updates , I think ET is right on track. Besides I would rather they fix the compatability issue with the guardin system and the pro data recorder they allready have out and I paid money for.
DIG
DIG2fly is offline Find More Posts by DIG2fly
Old Oct 16, 2011, 12:04 AM
Florida
Joined Mar 2007
999 Posts
All I ask is for realistic expectations. Are we talking about a product that still may be years out?

I think a lot of people expected it to be out by now. That is fine if it takes time, I do really appreciate getting our input in the development process, along with the fact that there are other products. But when someone is making the decision to buy what is out now, or wait for the new product, being told this is a project that is still over a year out (I have no idea, just for example...) is valuable information, and still not setting a release date.

I was very excited about this product, but was not going to wait for it. I have started without it. I still may end up with it, at some point in time. (I like the 2 extra channels for pan and tilt, but can do without that for now )
yzguy is offline Find More Posts by yzguy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: wing wing z-84 fpv setup
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:16 PM
London, ON, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPilot View Post
Hello Bill

Is it possible to get an update from you

Thank you very much

GuPilot
Bump +1
padair is offline Find More Posts by padair
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:40 PM
Joined Jul 2009
313 Posts
Bump 2+

I haven't been flying any fpv since this thread was posted, been waiting patiently....
mitsudriver274 is offline Find More Posts by mitsudriver274
Old Oct 31, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Sep 2007
643 Posts
I must admit I have been waiting a long time for this. I figured a year from the thread start but this too long. It should have been billed as exploratory only.
BJM-Maxx is offline Find More Posts by BJM-Maxx