HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 27, 2014, 05:49 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I went to an indoor fun-fly a few weeks ago and saw a stock CX2 and an original CX3 buzzing around. They were nice and loud compared to the swarm of NanoQXs that all the kids were flying...
Until I sent it to my son, I had an mcx2 that I flew indoors for 7 months of the year. The nanoQX is a phenomenal quad that you can dummy down to any level with a Spektrum transmitter. If only they could be converted to brushless.
I'll bet you didn't see any CX4's.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:42 PM
United States, NC, Monroe
Joined Mar 2012
313 Posts
Gonna try and rebuild the CX2 this weekend.
eolson is online now Find More Posts by eolson
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:50 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eolson View Post
Gonna try and rebuild the CX2 this weekend.
Here's a breakdown guild if you need it:
http://www.dacaur.com/heli/bcxhelp/BladeCXAssembly.pdf

Mike
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 31, 2014, 09:56 PM
Professional heli wrecker
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Oct 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Holy crap, Batman, it's sure been a while. Anybody out there?
Hey old friend!
Luvmyhelis is offline Find More Posts by Luvmyhelis
Old Apr 01, 2014, 06:00 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,424 Posts
I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a VERY cold and crappy winter here in the East. My CX2 is just itching to get outside again. What little I've done is flying my palm size quad in a narrow rec room with low ceiling height.
Luv, I don't doubt you've been building things for people. Tune us in.
Old Apr 01, 2014, 10:01 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a VERY cold and crappy winter here in the East. My CX2 is just itching to get outside again. What little I've done is flying my palm size quad in a narrow rec room with low ceiling height.
Luv, I don't doubt you've been building things for people. Tune us in.
Shoot, I still have my custom CX sitting on my dresser and haven't flown it since last fall? I may be putting up my old beloved CX for cheap on the for sale block also in the near future. It saddens me to just see it gathering dust. I have built and sold quite a few helis this last winter. And am thinning out the herd per se. But most mine now are in the 6 to 800 size. I do still want to get up my DSS heli whenever I can get my stuff back from the machinist I sent it all out to earlier. Most guys just don't have all the time I seem to have on my hands. So to me building helis is how I relax.

b
Old Apr 02, 2014, 05:56 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,424 Posts
With all that's going on in the plane and quad worlds, it's hard to believe that heli's are doing as well as they still are. In the case of planes and heli's it's common to have to constantly change pager brushed motors. The need for brushless conversions is everywhere. In some cases, planes come with an AR 6400 receiver that is a receiver and ESC all in one. The RC Logger Xtreme quad I have is brushless at a very good price. Talk started about it back last September and I never got mine until a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 05:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
4,012 Posts
Quote:
With all that's going on in the plane and quad worlds, it's hard to believe that heli's are doing as well as they still are. In the case of planes and heli's it's common to have to constantly change pager brushed motors. The need for brushless conversions is everywhere. In some cases, planes come with an AR 6400 receiver that is a receiver and ESC all in one. The RC Logger Xtreme quad I have is brushless at a very good price. Talk started about it back last September and I never got mine until a few weeks ago.
I got a little quad and have had a blast with the thing. A friend of mine bought the first 3D Stingray from Trueblood. The collective pitch system is amazing, flips rolls and loops, and it is still so stable. He had me install one of my Dan@GoBrushless 6s motors into it and wow this thing sizzles.
Old Apr 02, 2014, 05:35 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,424 Posts
Sounds interesting.