HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2014, 04:21 AM
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Discussion
Pixhawk vs MikroKopter

Hello guys! Pretty excited since this is my first message to the forum. So I am a kind of newbie to this area but did lots of research these days and finally narrowed down my choices to MK or Pixhawk autopilot since they are open source. However I couldn't find any detailed comparison of these two(ok Pixhawk is pretty new maybe that is why). What I think is Pixhawk autopilot seems very promising since everything integrated and DIYdrones community seems very active but on the other hand MikroKopter has been in this market for longer and seems more experienced. Does anybody can help me to find out which has what advantages over other?
Spidy390 is offline Find More Posts by Spidy390
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2014, 07:58 AM
Joined Jan 2009
490 Posts
Since when is Mikrokopter opensource? It's as closed source as they get.

My sincere advice? At this point for you, open source is a negative, not a positive. Get a DJI Naza Lite and go flying. When you want to mess around, tune stuff and do autonomous flying, get a Pixhawk.
SamurAchzar is online now Find More Posts by SamurAchzar
Old Feb 06, 2014, 09:27 AM
Joined Feb 2014
2 Posts
Actually my personal impression is that also Pixhawk is better but I wonder how hard is it to implement and tune it? For example I have a MK already and that was the reason why I was comparing MK with Pixhawk. I saw on the Pixhawk website it is supporting MK (http://pixhawk.org/firmware/apps/mkblctrl) but is it simple as just changing flight-ctrl with Pixhawk?
Spidy390 is offline Find More Posts by Spidy390